List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares how old he is?

age can be an indicator of upside and scope for future development. Seeing as BJ is only 21 and has improved every year i think age is a reasonable argument

Buddy and Tippett take up the majority, your point is?

my point is because we signed these superstars on long term big money deals (tippo, bud, hanners, reid, hopefully parker soon) we need players who will pay for peanuts.

He is depth in a position we have no depth in...make up your mind, do we have depth or not?

maybe i didn't articulate it very well, i apologise for that. I was trying to say that we don't have many who play his position (small pressure forward), so i think he's a handy depth player

he would be cheap depth, and while never setting the world on fire, has a crack. I also believe it wasn't his name that got him a gig, t was kicking footballs into bins on you tube that convinced..

Nick Smith was a rookie, Brett Kirk, Heath Grundy and his brother Kieren too. But there's one thing about Brandon, he stinks like a poo! Now you've forced me to use poetry to illustrate that he's nowhere near their league and never bloody will be!

You realise someone like Kirks first game for the Swans was when he was 23. When he was 26, was still only getting 12 touches a game.....

he would be cheap depth, and while never setting the world on fire, has a crack. I also believe it wasn't his name that got him a gig, t was kicking footballs into bins on you tube that convinced..
Can kick a ball 40 mts into a wheely bin on the back of a moving car. Cant kick a goal from a set shot 30 mts out directly in front. :rolleyes:

Bj is no jetta and never will be

No, he's not. He's a completely different player. The VERY FIRST articles ever written about him mentioned one thing: He tries to play like Kieren, but he's skinny, taller and quicker, so he should try to learn to play as an outside mid/small forward. It's been a recurring theme his entire career, and it's been a mistake. He's not an outside mid. He's quick, yes, but it's not his natural game.

I haven't watched as much ressies as some other extremely dedicated posters on here, but the best footy I've seen BJ play at both reserves level and senior level is as an inside, clearance-focused, midfielder. He's skinny, but he's strong, and his acceleration over 5 metres is a weapon. In terms of playstyle, he's got way more in common with his brother than a Jetta (though of course is obviously nowhere near as good as either).

I'm not convinced he'll make it, but I'm by no means convinced he won't either. We just need to start letting him play to his strengths more consistently. Stick him in the guts, make him a tagger for a while if necessary. But none of this "outside runner" crap.

You realise someone like Kirks first game for the Swans was when he was 23. When he was 26, was still only getting 12 touches a game.....
Do you realise that B Jack is really really s**t and shouldn't be playing the game when he's 23? His average will be 12 less than Kirk's at the equivalent age!

Can kick a ball 40 mts into a wheely bin on the back of a moving car. Cant kick a goal from a set shot 30 mts out directly in front. :rolleyes:
If only he could edit his goal kicking as well as his wheelie bin exploits!

No, he's not. He's a completely different player. The VERY FIRST articles ever written about him mentioned one thing: He tries to play like Kieren, but he's skinny, taller and quicker, so he should try to learn to play as an outside mid/small forward. It's been a recurring theme his entire career, and it's been a mistake. He's not an outside mid. He's quick, yes, but it's not his natural game.

I haven't watched as much ressies as some other extremely dedicated posters on here, but the best footy I've seen BJ play at both reserves level and senior level is as an inside, clearance-focused, midfielder. He's skinny, but he's strong, and his acceleration over 5 metres is a weapon. In terms of playstyle, he's got way more in common with his brother than a Jetta (though of course is obviously nowhere near as good as either).

I'm not convinced he'll make it, but I'm by no means convinced he won't either. We just need to start letting him play to his strengths more consistently. Stick him in the guts, make him a tagger for a while if necessary. But none of this "outside runner" crap.
Last memory of him that's sticking with me atm is him not taking on the fyfe hit
Regardless I don't think he will make it and would struggle even at vfl level , if wAsnt kierans brother I doubt he would be on the list

people love stats on here
2003 4
2004 5
2005 1
2006 2
2007 7
2008 6
2009 12
2010 5
2011 6
2012 1
2013 4
2014 2
2015 5

In general i don't remember this much angst when the swans lost 26 games in a row. I guess we are spoilt. glta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2003 4
2004 5
2005 1
2006 2
2007 7
2008 6
2009 12
2010 5
2011 6
2012 1
2013 4
2014 2
2015 5

In general i don't remember this much angst when the swans lost 26 games in a row. I guess we are spoilt. glta

No, I just remember a huge push to have us kicked out of the league:rolleyes:. History revision is good, but don't for a second think that people in 1992/93 weren't happy with how we were going and the fact we ended up going out of our way to get Ron Barassi in as coach to change the way we as a club operated on the field.

So everyone understands the difference between playing like s**t and being plain old s**t

Last memory of him that's sticking with me atm is him not taking on the fyfe hit
Regardless I don't think he will make it and would struggle even at vfl level , if wAsnt kierans brother I doubt he would be on the list
Me too. I'd actually take it a step further and say that he appeared to pull out of the tackle.

2003 4
2004 5
2005 1
2006 2
2007 7
2008 6
2009 12
2010 5
2011 6
2012 1
2013 4
2014 2
2015 5

It's a fair point.

But it's an information age. There was barely a news cycle for AFL 20 years ago, now it's 24/7 and practically 12mths a year when you include social media and sites like BF.

You may not have an anecdotal memory of angst in the 90's, but that's only because you could switch off after a game back then and not have to worry what others might be feeling.

I don't mean you specifically,

But those who have issues with supporters who choose to go online and have harmless discussions should just tune out if they are so easily offended.

Wow... I didn't realise the BJack dislike was so strong.

For a young kid, probably taking up next to nothing in the cap, showing continual developmental improvement I'd suggest his spot on the list isn't overly negative. If it's not him then it's some other young, unproven kid who would likely give us similar if not less output anyway.

BJ has the advantage of utilising his brother, the captain and a leader at our club, to help develop himself. That's a huge tick in his box over another young kid who doesn't have such a strong support network. I'd say the same for XavR. If BJ was favoured by the club due to his last name he'd probably have played more senior footy by now IMO. The club can probably see the time and effort he puts into his game and gradual development he's made because of it. He's so young, the risk is he stalls and we pay next to nothing to have someone that can at worst plug a gap if need be.

I'd be thinking the club sees the strong support of having his brother as an established senior player & captain as a huge advantage and something I'm sure they both can use to develop each other. BJ trains with and develops his awareness while learning to harness his height, speed & strength. KJ can use his mentoring and work with BJ to develop his leadership, teaching & communication skills. They can push each other to perform above that which they otherwise would have IMO.

Well worth the pittance we're probably paying him.

Last edited:
I didn't allow the same post in different threads...that's your job to sort! And if they are in two different threads, that's my right to respond!

I have no issue with the post that was in both threads, they are on topic. You decided to drone on in both threads and I can tell you to stop it and thats my job. Also you have no rights on Big Footy, everyone should know that by now:cool:

Sometimes i feel like its a hate contest between bj and towers. :(

and they are both getting games meaning they are in theory better than the players not getting games. Delist guys like Jack and Towers and your depth is suddenly the guys not good enough to get games. You delist the guys not good enough to get games, not the ones who are good enough when a few of your best 22 are injured.

and they are both getting games meaning they are in theory better than the players not getting games. Delist guys like Jack and Towers and your depth is suddenly the guys not good enough to get games. You delist the guys not good enough to get games, not the ones who are good enough when a few of your best 22 are injured.

They will be role players for the rest of their careers i think. And i am not mad at that. If they provide that depth and keep the best 22 honest then thats a win imo. Anything more than that then we make out like bandits.

I have no issue with the post that was in both threads, they are on topic. You decided to drone on in both threads and I can tell you to stop it and thats my job. Also you have no rights on Big Footy, everyone should know that by now:cool:
Drone? Debate is the word and how do you tell people to stop debating unless there's a time limit attached and each debate is also on topic? I agree with your last sentence though!

Drone? Debate is the word and how do you tell people to stop debating unless there's a time limit attached and each debate is also on topic?

We still can, don't worry about that ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back