List Mgmt. 2015 List Discussion (No rumours or hypotheticals please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not his biggest fan but with Jetta gone the club may see Brandon as a potential replacement. He has speed which we lack and who knows, he may thrive on a wing.

He is only 21 off the rookie list. I dont think he quite has the footy smarts to be a dominant winger yet (getting in the game), to get himself in good positions. I think if he can own the forward pocket/half forward flank that would be awesome for next year. I can see him moving onto the wing, but not just yet.

I am happy we have him for 2 years. When he started as a rookie came from a long way back and has been steadily increasing his output.

B Jack has been pretty good. Seems to bring consistent effort and doesnt give in which is good, Can't fault him on that. He doesnt have massive game and go missing for long periods like Jetta. In saying that is no Jetta but at least we know what we will get week in week out.

Nah. Good on him. Handy guy to have as a depth player. I don't care if he makes it. But I definitely am hoping he'll push for a spot and force some accountability to those inside the 22.

If he learned to actually kick straight from a set shot and find the footy a bit more he might have been very good for us this year.

He is younger than I thought. Few more important years of development left.

That being said I wouldn't have missed him had he not re-signed.

I had him de-listed but he did play well in the back end of the season. If he can provide something in the forward half of the ground and play 15ish games this year and build towards playing on the wing, fantastic.

B Jack has been pretty good. Seems to bring consistent effort and doesnt give in which is good, Can't fault him on that. He doesnt have massive game and go missing for long periods like Jetta. In saying that is no Jetta but at least we know what we will get week in week out.
And you're happy with that? I want better than this chump.

Clearly a shallow draft if we need to sign this kid up!

Probably some truth in that but I thought he was OK when he came back into the side this year, just don't mention his finals :oops:

Clearly a shallow draft if we need to sign this kid up!

Even if a strong draft, our list last year had the most players out of any club not to play a match. We don't have depth. We have top end talent, but have struggled with the bottom 6/depth unlike a club like Hawks.

Even in a strong draft, we would need AFL depth.

p.s. I agree with B. Jack. Like I said in another thread as a rookie started a long way back and is improving. I mean he is only 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly. He's out of contract again when he's 23. If he has not cemented a spot by then (I don't think he will), let him pursue other opportunities. But definitely improved this year and certainly not the worst depth player.

Good troll by the afl site. "Talented swan signs on" with a picture of heeney and brandon in the back ground.

Good news. Really needs to show something this upcoming season and cement a spot

He is only 21 off the rookie list. I dont think he quite has the footy smarts to be a dominant winger yet (getting in the game), to get himself in good positions. I think if he can own the forward pocket/half forward flank that would be awesome for next year. I can see him moving onto the wing, but not just yet.

I am happy we have him for 2 years. When he started as a rookie came from a long way back and has been steadily increasing his output.
21 off the rookie list? Pretty sure he's a senior listed player! Pretty sure he's older than Heeney, Jones, Mills, Rose and damn sure he's as good as Derickx!

21 off the rookie list? Pretty sure he's a senior listed player! Pretty sure he's older than Heeney, Jones, Mills, Rose and damn sure he's as good as Derickx!

I am pretty sure Brandon Jack started his career on the swans rookie list????

He was senior contracted this year yes, but when we rookied him he was a long way back and is improving every year and deserves the contract

EDIT: I could probably list tons of players that where mature age draftee's/Rookie listed players elevated that took longer to develop. Who cares Heeney is younger, that has nothing to do with what B.Jack is doing or where he will end up

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Brandon Jack started his career on the swans rookie list????

He was senior contracted this year yes, but when we rookied him he was a long way back and is improving every year and deserves the contract

EDIT: I could probably list tons of players that where mature age draftee's/Rookie listed players elevated that took longer to develop. Who cares Heeney is younger, that has nothing to do with what B.Jack is doing or where he will end up
Nick Smith was a rookie, Brett Kirk, Heath Grundy and his brother Kieren too. But there's one thing about Brandon, he stinks like a poo! Now you've forced me to use poetry to illustrate that he's nowhere near their league and never bloody will be!

Nick Smith was a rookie, Brett Kirk, Heath Grundy and his brother Kieren too. But there's one thing about Brandon, he stinks like a poo! Now you've forced me to use poetry to illustrate that he's nowhere near their league and never bloody will be!
Did BJ piss in your coffee once? Nothing against you thinking he won't make it but why do you think he is so incredibly god awful?

he's also 21, probably taking up very little cap space, is a local boy, works extremely hard and is depth in a position that we don't have much depth in.

i fail to see why this is such a terrible thing
Because he would struggle at VFL level and if he wasn't from up there or the 1 sided co-captains brother, no one would have looked at him.

Because he would struggle at VFL level and if he wasn't from up there or the 1 sided co-captains brother, no one would have looked at him.

agree with that. i think you'd have to be an idiot not to realise that him being kJ's brother made them take more notice of him.

but he's his own player now, he'll be on next to nothing lets see what the kids got

he's also 21, probably taking up very little cap space, is a local boy, works extremely hard and is depth in a position that we don't have much depth in.

i fail to see why this is such a terrible thing
Who cares how old he is? Buddy and Tippett take up the majority, your point is? So no go home factor...wow! I work hard too, where's my contract? He is depth in a position we have no depth in...make up your mind, do we have depth or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back