2015 Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I will burn windy hill to the ground if he comes to essendon

Straight swap of the two so we can get this shambles of a trade for Melksham out of the way. I don't rate either player one bit (Goodwin seems to rate Melksham) and find every time I hear that Essendon want a 2nd rounder for him laughable. A spud for a spud; too easy!

Straight swap of the two so we can get this shambles of a trade for Melksham out of the way. I don't rate either player one bit (Goodwin seems to rate Melksham) and find every time I hear that Essendon want a 2nd rounder for him laughable. A spud for a spud; too easy!

Everytime I hear the media say it will be a swap for a 2nd rounder I pray to all the powers in the world they are correct.

If we get a 2nd rounder for Melksham we will have completely and utterly done you over.

Roo's is not that stupid.

Anything on Henderson to the hawks?

Carlton trade
Lachlan Henderson and Blaine Boekhurst
Hawthorn trade
Jon ceglar and First round/ or second round pick & 4th round pick

?

Carlton trade
Hawthorn trade

?
latest

Last edited:

Carlton trade
Hawthorn trade

?

No chance of Hawthorn trading Ceglar now. Interesting to see what the Hawks do after the retirement of Lake. They drafted Pittonet in 2014 who on the current list now arguably becomes next in line at AFL level.

Would the Hawks go after an established defender from another club they did with Gibson, Lake and Frawley or put faith in Spangher to get the job done at CHB?

Maybe Jamar is on the Hawks radar as a short term ruck fix so they can continue to develop Pittonet.

No chance of Hawthorn trading Ceglar now. Interesting to see what the Hawks do after the retirement of Lake. They drafted Pittonet in 2014 who on the current list now arguably becomes next in line at AFL level.

Would the Hawks go after an established defender from another club they did with Gibson, Lake and Frawley or put faith in Spangher to get the job done at CHB?

Maybe Jamar is on the Hawks radar as a short term ruck fix so they can continue to develop Pittonet.
My guess would be SchoenMakers moves to defence to replace Harris

No way we would trade Ceglar with Hale on his last legs.

FWIW I'd be willing to give up our first and second for Henderson but I think we have juicier targets and more pressing needs.
No way are we trading BB! Worth more than Ceglar and late pick on his own. Is 22 and will much better with a full pre season, he will be one of Carltons shining lights next year, super quick with sublime foot skills. However we would trade a 2nd rounder for that Duryea boy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way are we trading BB! Worth more than Ceglar and late pick on his own. Is 22 and will much better with a full pre season, he will be one of Carltons shining lights next year, super quick with sublime foot skills. However we would trade a 2nd rounder for that Duryea boy!

Realistically I don't think we are going for Henderson. Other clubs can offer more and TBH he would be nice but not exactly pressing. Ditto Blaine. Think we already have a few more players ahead of Blaine who needs games anyway.

But Duryea? Hard as nails with good skills? Not sure how he'd fit in at Carlton.

Realistically I don't think we are going for Henderson. Other clubs can offer more and TBH he would be nice but not exactly pressing. Ditto Blaine. Think we already have a few more players ahead of Blaine who needs games anyway.

But Duryea? Hard as nails with good skills? Not sure how he'd fit in at Carlton.
I'm sure we could make room on the bench.

My guess would be SchoenMakers moves to defence to replace Harris

Why move Schoenmakers back when he is a better forward and only a very average defender!

How much would CEY and Talia be worth? Hawthorn need a KPD and there are rumours that Jed Anderson could be on his way to Adelaide.

How much is that 'More than a lot'?

Would cost a top 3 pick bare minimum and even then Adelaide won't do it. That is an absolute starting point.

Warnock & Henderson for Hawks first + second? Think Warnock would be servicable at Hawthorn, good tap ruckmen.

Warnock & Henderson for Hawks first + second? Think Warnock would be servicable at Hawthorn, good tap ruckmen.

If he isn't getting games at Carlton he won't at Hawthorn, period. Warnock is useless around the ground, poor skills and you recon Hawthorn want him...They have McEvoy, Ceglar, etc already in rucks. They don't need a VFL ruck! Henderson maybe, but I am almost certain Hawthorn have other priorities and won't give up their first 2 selections for him anyway.

Can see the hawks making a play for Henderson if we don't give up our first round pick for bennell. Otherwise they might look at Mitch Brown (vfl).
Hawks do need a decent third ruckman to compete with ceglar (zac smith) or another good first ruckman (lobbe ideal but unlikely) and a rookie/delisted ruckman (maybe jamar).
Wouldn't mind taking a chance on majak daw, he played pretty good as the main ruckman against Richmond in round 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back