Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure recruiters know that better than anybody, at the end of the day I can watch as much TAC as I want but that doesn't make me an expert or even close.

I ask a lot of these questions because I genuinely want to understand it more I'm always trying to pick the brains of guys like Kevin Sheehan and talking to him I realise I'm a long way off knowing anything about all this I can only do what I can.

Brilliant post!! That’s exactly how I feel in the work I do and hopefully also believe I have a lot to learn no matter how many draft picks I get right. The level of ego in this industry is astounding!! Learn learn and be humble!! It will serve you well in everything you do in life! Also DPS are you Adelaide based? I watch a lot here and would love to have a chat if you are free sometime?

Why are you so low on Sam Taylor DPS?
He has been hard for me to place all year I've had him in the 25-45 range most of the year. I'd watch 1 game and I'd be sold on him and then iffy on him the next. I'd still be happy if my club took him with a top 30 pick it just shows how even the draft is after the first 25 or so picks.

A few rumours have him going to Gold Coast at 19 but I'm not so sure GC should be going with a key defender at that pick.

Brilliant post!! That’s exactly how I feel in the work I do and hopefully also believe I have a lot to learn no matter how many draft picks I get right. The level of ego in this industry is astounding!! Learn learn and be humble!! It will serve you well in everything you do in life! Also DPS are you Adelaide based? I watch a lot here and would love to have a chat if you are free sometime?
Thanks mate, I really love this stuff because I've always been into coaching and helping talent, watching talent at the moment is one thing but working with the next generation and preparing them for the next level is my goal.

No mate I'm Victoria based, I've been able to get some footage here and there from SA which has helped, they seem the most switched on at getting footage out, was awesome to see full NEAFL games on YouTube aswell.

Who do you rate as a better prospect brayden ainswerth or worpel?
Also havent heard much of h jones.is he a better prospect than trent mynott?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who do you rate as a better prospect brayden ainswerth or worpel?
Also havent heard much of h jones.is he a better prospect than trent mynott?

I rate Worpel higher but the more I've gone back and watched Ainsworth the bigger fan I become. Worpel i still prefer but that's more on what I like personally in players and Worpel just has that incredible hunger for the ball that makes him likeable for me

I rate Mynott higher but Jones is quicker and the better athlete of the 2, Jones year was ruined by injury but he was one of the better mids in the TAC cup. His hands in close are superb and he is very disciplined at stoppages so he is a good 2 way runner. He is a country boy aswell so he may be easier to retain. He impressed at the combine and by all reports has a ripper attitude to boot.

I rate Worpel higher but the more I've gone back and watched Ainsworth the bigger fan I become. Worpel i still prefer but that's more on what I like personally in players and Worpel just has that incredible hunger for the ball that makes him likeable for me

I rate Mynott higher but Jones is quicker and the better athlete of the 2, Jones year was ruined by injury but he was one of the better mids in the TAC cup. His hands in close are superb and he is very disciplined at stoppages so he is a good 2 way runner. He is a country boy aswell so he may be easier to retain. He impressed at the combine and by all reports has a ripper attitude to boot.
Cool.thanks mate

Sam Taylor is a young key defender from WA, was named all-Australian at the Championships. Recently linked to Gold Coast at pick 19 before that many on here talked him up in the 30-60 range.

Thank you.

He's the bolter no one's jumped on the bandwagon of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely one of them will turn out a gun for them haha Clubs can be funny though they may not even take a tall this year.
I'd be a bit concerned if I was a Richmond fan if De Koning floated back into defence with Clavarino there. A high ball comes in and it's liability central. One would go for the mark and drop it. The other would probably attempt to spoil him unsure of what to do haha.

A few surprises here and there, a few ive gone on gut feel and whats been rumoured on here and in social media. Ill be making one for the day before the draft aswell.

Bids for Naish, Ballenden, Shipley, Crossley and Brown included so if the pick numbers dont look right its because of bids.

Rolling Mock Draft - 17/11/2017
View attachment 438033 View attachment 438034 View attachment 438035 View attachment 438036
Might be a reach but I love the Ballard pick for the Crows

Of course Fogarty is target number 1 but hearing how much your staff challenged non SA kids at the combine I feel you will slightly reach for him at 12 to make a point. I still think he goes in the 20s but wouldn't be suprised if Crows get someone guaranteed to stay at the club especially someone with Ballards potential and talent

Of course Fogarty is target number 1 but hearing how much your staff challenged non SA kids at the combine I feel you will slightly reach for him at 12 to make a point. I still think he goes in the 20s but wouldn't be suprised if Crows get someone guaranteed to stay at the club especially someone with Ballards potential and talent
I've seen him most weeks for Sacred Heart. Clean, Strong overhead and such an interesting size. He has loads of potential

The final rolling mock draft will arrive around lunch time tomorrow, not many big changes although I have a handful of players sliding with other players recently getting linked to the top 30 like Daniels, Taylor and Petty

ooooOOOOOooooo lovers

Would be absolutely stoked with that outcome, especially if Sambono and Giro are still available to us later

Personally I would rather the Eagles took Bailey or L Fogarty than Allen, and i'm not sure about taking a ruckman either, but we certainly need a small forward such as Ryan to develop. Otherwise your draft looks ok for the Eagles.

Brisbane is missing a pick.

We have 1, 15, 18, 40, 44 & 52.

I am not sure if you are factoring in Academy bidding or not.

Ballenden at 39 means our pick 41 (pick 40 got pushed back one spot from the F/S matched bid on Naish) is used to match the bid. Not only that, there should be some residual points left over from pick 41 to create a residual pick later on. (A bid at 39 needs means we need 249 points after discount to match, pick 41 is worth 412 points = 163 points left over = residual pick 59)

So we should still have picks at 45, 53 & 59 after matching the Ballenden bid.

So we should have a draft pick at 45 where GWS is matching a bid on Shipley. And then most likely picking up Jack Payne at pick 53, and passing on 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back