Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

What he'd rather go to the Gold Coast than stay in Adelaide?

facepalm.jpg

I think I'm done...

Makes the smokescreen argument grow ever stronger. 2 Geelong people… happy to add to the mirth of GFC will trade as the pay stricture will be maintained.
Sure AFC, go and shorten your cap space as GFC will keep a low offer (800k) within their pay structure and expect a trade……

GO Catters

Hahahaha yeah no worries, Ok Wayne Carey and Tim Watson also said a trade will be done. Does that make it more appropriate because they arent Geelong people! I find it hilaious that you think they would have any reason to play games!

It appears you will have to trade, deal with it!

Makes the smokescreen argument grow ever stronger. 2 Geelong people… happy to add to the mirth of GFC will trade as the pay stricture will be maintained.
Sure AFC, go and shorten your cap space as GFC will keep a low offer (800k) within their pay structure and expect a trade……

GO Catters

Dwayne Russell did say the other night don't listen to the clubs comments about not paying him over a million, they will do what it takes to get him, they want to set the club up around Dangerfield and Selwood.

Dwayne does say many things though.

Have been told by a very unreliable source that Dangerfield will announce re signing with crows on the footy show this week. Is that show filmed in Adelaide this week ?

You have seen what both Ling and Hutchy wrote last night havent you, two geelong people they are talking Motlop and a first rounder?

He is playing fantastic footy ATM for someone that doesnt want to be there, if he plays like this I would be more than happy to keep him. Who has come up with this $2.4 million, Ling says its so far off teh mark its not funny, Selwood and the leadership group say keep their premiership pay structure along with Scott in April so not concerned at what Jay Clarke has printed, would rather listen to Geelong people especially those employed by the club!

We have a lot of salary cap room to play with, most of our senior players are veteran listed taking 133,000 off each contract, and they won't be on huge dollars anyway given none of them are elite anymore. The only players in their prime pushing for good money are Hawkins Selwood Taylor and Motlop, only Hawkins and Motlop to sign in that bunch. Adelaide can't afford to match 1.2 million dollars front loaded the first season, nor will they pay a player 1.2 million a year who doesn't want to play for the Adelaide football club.

No team is prepared to pay a player huge dollars that doesn't want to be at their club, why do you think hawthorn didn't match Sydney's offer? Franklin is one of hawthorns greatest ever players, a centurion goal kicker, he is a hAwthorn legend, why didn't they force Sydney into a trade? Because clubs wont make such offers to a player who doesn't want to be apart of their club, there is a reason it has not happened yet, do you think all of the clubs who have lost players so far didn't want to get better value than they did? You think hawthorn wanted pick 19 for franklin?

Dangerfield planning to leave Adelaide at the end of the year and move back home would be sitting with him just fine, thinking " three more months is ok then I will be back home in moggs creek". Change this with Adelaide all of a sudden saying to him " sorry, we are matching and there is a strong chance we may force you to stay if we aren't satisfied". See how happy he will be to play at Adelaide after he is given the news he is the first restricted free agent in AFL history to be denied a move. I doubt he will be happy to be anywhere near Adelaide, probably even happy for pre season draft to get to Geelong.

If it does get to the trade table hypothetically, we would have likely already given away our first pick got Henderson, so a single player is likely all you will get, in this situation the compo pick works out better

Dwayne Russell did say the other night don't listen to the clubs comments about not paying him over a million, they will do what it takes to get him, they want to set the club up around Dangerfield and Selwood.

Dwayne does say many things though.
That's Crazy good! God I hope Hand baggers pay overs for this slowly diminishing player. Let's see this so called "culture" work at its best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a lot of salary cap room to play with, most of our senior players are veteran listed taking 133,000 off each contract, and they won't be on huge dollars anyway given none of them are elite anymore. The only players in their prime pushing for good money are Hawkins Selwood Taylor and Motlop, only Hawkins and Motlop to sign in that bunch. Adelaide can't afford to match 1.2 million dollars front loaded the first season, nor will they pay a player 1.2 million a year who doesn't want to play for the Adelaide football club.

No team is prepared to pay a player huge dollars that doesn't want to be at their club, why do you think hawthorn didn't match Sydney's offer? Franklin is one of hawthorns greatest ever players, a centurion goal kicker, he is a hAwthorn legend, why didn't they force Sydney into a trade? Because clubs wont make such offers to a player who doesn't want to be apart of their club, there is a reason it has not happened yet, do you think all of the clubs who have lost players so far didn't want to get better value than they did? You think hawthorn wanted pick 19 for franklin?

Dangerfield planning to leave Adelaide at the end of the year and move back home would be sitting with him just fine, thinking " three more months is ok then I will be back home in moggs creek". Change this with Adelaide all of a sudden saying to him " sorry, we are matching and there is a strong chance we may force you to stay if we aren't satisfied". See how happy he will be to play at Adelaide after he is given the news he is the first restricted free agent in AFL history to be denied a move. I doubt he will be happy to be anywhere near Adelaide, probably even happy for pre season draft to get to Geelong.

If it does get to the trade table hypothetically, we would have likely already given away our first pick got Henderson, so a single player is likely all you will get, in this situation the compo pick works out better

firstly how is he guaranteed to get to the cats in the PSD don't you understand how the draft works or do you plan on taking the spoon somehow

Secondly hawthorn didn't match it was a deal over 9 years FFS if Geelong offered PD a 10 year deal the AFC would have to walk away

Who the hell said Henderson is going to Geelong it was reported today he was staying at Carlton!

Lastly I listened to Lings interview today and he was very animated and adamant Geelong would not pay big bucks he is a little more reliable than geelong_crazy26 wouldn't you say

Ps can I get what your on

Secondly hawthorn didn't match it was a deal over 9 years FFS if Geelong offered PD a 10 year deal the AFC would have to walk away

Who the hell said Henderson is going to Geelong it was reported today he was staying at Carlton!

Lastly I listened to Lings interview today and he was very animated and adamant Geelong would not pay big bucks he is a little more reliable than geelong_crazy26 wouldn't you say

Ps can I get what your on

But why wouldn't they match to force a trade? Why has nobody else matched a restricted free agency offer yet to force a trade? It's a simple fact why, because nobody wants to retain a player who doesn't want to be at their football club, hawthorn could have easily gotten much better value for franklin, and given how deep and obsessive Hawthorns love and value of franklin was, it wouldnt surprise me at all if they did match the offer. Why wouldn't they want to force a better deal than pick 19 for franklin? That is the biggest rip off of the century deal wise, why didn't they force Sydney into a trade?
Do you honestly think no other club has wanted more value for the free agent they lost? Yet no one has matched yet, this is fact, Do the logics in your head why that is the fact

I have confidence we will land Henderson, not bothered if we don't, but if it's going to happen, then we will hand over our first pick, and it won't be on the table for Adelaide come a trade.

And like I have said, clubs won't pick up players that don't want to play for them on 1million+ dollars, this would showcase a club with a very poor desperate loser culture, if this is ok with Adelaide to have players on a million plus potentially at the club like Dangerfield who don't want to be a part of the Adelaide football club, then you need a culture overhaul, because no other club is prepared to do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The matching of the offer is actually an offer to the player, it's not bidding, the player still has to make that choice to either request the trade or go into the draft.

There won't be a situation where clubs are paying the same money as an opposition club offered and the player doesn't want to be there.

But why wouldn't they match to force a trade? Why has nobody else matched a restricted free agency offer yet to force a trade? It's a simple fact why, because nobody wants to retain a player who doesn't want to be at their football club, hawthorn could have easily gotten much better value for franklin, and given how deep and obsessive Hawthorns love and value of franklin was, it wouldnt surprise me at all if they did match the offer. Why wouldn't they want to force a better deal than pick 19 for franklin? That is the biggest rip off of the century deal wise, why didn't they force Sydney into a trade?
Do you honestly think no other club has wanted more value for the free agent they lost? Yet no one has matched yet, this is fact, Do the logics in your head why that is the fact

I have confidence we will land Henderson, not bothered if we don't, but if it's going to happen, then we will hand over our first pick, and it won't be on the table for Adelaide come a trade.

And like I have said, clubs won't pick up players that don't want to play for them on 1million+ dollars, this would showcase a club with a very poor desperate loser culture, if this is ok with Adelaide to have players on a million plus potentially at the club like Dangerfield who don't want to be a part of the Adelaide football club, then you need a culture overhaul, because no other club is prepared to do that

If PD wants to go home he will won't a 100% assurance he can get to Geelong if that is not given he will remain in Adelaide. The only iron clad way is to trade so what do you think is fair motlop and a first rounder!

If PD wants to go home he will won't a 100% assurance he can get to Geelong if that is not given he will remain in Adelaide. The only iron clad way is to trade so what do you think is fair motlop and a first rounder!

History suggests that restricted free agency offers are not matched, Adelaide would be the first to do this. I come back to the reason behind this, clubs don't want players around for big dollars that don't want to be a part of their football club, if he says he wants to return to Geelong then he doesn't want to be a part of Adelaide, why you would retain a player that doesn't want to play for you on 1million a year is a head turning choice and a first, it is something I can't imagine a strong cultured club doing, and personally I don't think Adelaide will match.

That probably is fair value, but the reality is these situations aren't designed for fairness, when players want out the club rarely gets equal value, unless Motlop wants out (which he may want out, then I am happy to move him on) otherwise you will likely get first round pick plus a player like kersten or George Horlin smith or possibly Josh walker

When Dangerfield wants out of Adelaide and nobody wants out of Geelong, Geelong hold the cards at the table.

History suggests that restricted free agency offers are not matched, Adelaide would be the first to do this. I come back to the reason behind this, clubs don't want players around for big dollars that don't want to be a part of their football club, if he says he wants to return to Geelong then he doesn't want to be a part of Adelaide, why you would retain a player that doesn't want to play for you on 1million a year is a head turning choice and a first, it is something I can't imagine a strong cultured club doing, and personally I don't think Adelaide will match.

That probably is fair value, but the reality is these situations aren't designed for fairness, when players want out the club rarely gets equal value, unless Motlop wants out (which he may want out, then I am happy to move him on) otherwise you will likely get first round pick plus a player like kersten or George Horlin smith or possibly Josh walker

When Dangerfield wants out of Adelaide and nobody wants out of Geelong, Geelong hold the cards at the table.

I know Geelong holds cards put poor old PD holds none and doesn't want to end up in Queensland!

Firstly, Adelaide can match 1.2 mill a year. We offered Jeremry Cameron a 5 year deal at 1.2 mill a year. Tippett was our highest payed player at around 800k, and we have been paying everyone forward since he left. 1.2 is no problem.
Secondly, matching Geelongs offer isnt about trying to keep him in Adelaide. The Crows know Danger will still say he wants to go to Geelong and so the only reason we match is to get Geelong to pay up at the trade period.

If Danger is going, the Crows would know by now, and they would already be talking to Geelong about whats going to happen.
Geelong would know Adelaides intention to match, they would already be talking to Motlop about his preferences of where to be traded.

See how happy he will be to play at Adelaide after he is given the news he is the first restricted free agent in AFL history to be denied a move.

History suggests that restricted free agency offers are not matched...

I love how "history" somehow proves that matching is an impossibility. It's not like we are delving deep into the the microfiche archives or busting out the cotton gloves for fear of damaging the delicate scroll parchment, it only came in 3 years ago FFS!!!!

Are Geelong so deluded that they seriously believe a franchise superstar like Dangerfield is going to sign a 2 year deal as a 25-6 year old Free agent just to be 40mins closer to some shithole he lived in years ago ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back