Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would reply on your thread but as Mahlepi would say, its insular
You've made 500 replies in that thread and each reply had the same content... that's why you were thread banned. :thumbsu:

Other than that, you're hard of hearing. :)

You've made 500 replies in that thread and each reply had the same content... that's why you were thread banned. :thumbsu:

Other than that, you're hard of hearing. :)
The more I read his posts on the matter the more I think my Corgi carousel gif is very apt :p

Last edited:

I said you would turnover half of your best 22 over the next few years.

You won't only be turning over just the 30+ year olds!

So now we're going to be delisting players in their 20s? Face it most of our team from this year aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You just haven't noticed that our team is completely different to not that long ago.

Bottom line is after having a relatively stable team for the last decade, you are now on for a higher turnover period which is likely to lead to poorer performances as the youngsters get enough experience to become consistent.

Glad you've made it to 2012...

We only had 9 members of our 2010 Prelim side on our list this year (dropping to 6 with SJ, Kelly and Stokes going). The list has already gone through a massive transition and we've already suffered from poorer performances. It's why we bombed out last year and have missed finals this year. But the idea we're now going to plummet down the ladder in the next couple of years right when all our youngish players are coming into their prime is pretty amusing.

So now we're going to be delisting players in their 20s? Face it most of our team from this year aren't going anywhere anytime soon. You just haven't noticed that our team is completely different to not that long ago.

Glad you've made it to 2012...

We only had 9 members of our 2010 Prelim side on our list this year (dropping to 6 with SJ, Kelly and Stokes going). The list has already gone through a massive transition and we've already suffered from poorer performances. It's why we bombed out last year and have missed finals this year. But the idea we're now going to plummet down the ladder in the next couple of years right when all our youngish players are coming into their prime is pretty amusing.
So you are in denial that the Cats have more players than any other side in the AFL by a long way & a shortage of mid age players, which will lead to a higher than normal turnover of the squad over the next few years?

I guess the world is flat too...

Lol. They can line up all they want but at the end of the day Patty has the final say... If he's going home for family reasons and to live at Moggs Creek, he sure as hell won't play for another Vic side.

If Patty says to the Crows I'm leaving to play for Geelong, do you really think the Crows would attempt to trade him to another team ?

Free agency was brought in for a reason.
Haha restricted free agency , RFA ...you may need to look it up and get back to us or wait a couple of years when he is unrestricted

All supporters want what is best for their club

Geelong supporters want to take Pd through FA and the AFL hand a compo pick

Adelaide supporters want their club to match and attempt to get what's best for their club

If I was a Geelong supporter I would want then to pick him up this way to say it's not logical to do what all the supporters are saying is ridiculous. Geelong supporters don't want us to match why would they I wouldn't if I was them. They will attempt to come up with all the utensil and bull stories under the sun to justify why we shouldn't match. But that's only for their own interests, no one in their right mind would want less if they can get more, so don't preach what's best for Adelaide you don't give a s**t and nor should you, you only care about your club and so you should.

Haha restricted free agency , RFA ...you may need to look it up and get back to us or wait a couple of years when he is unrestricted
So I keep hearing... it seems that is the only point of reply for some Crows supporters.

I know exactly what it is, and in the scheme of free agency it makes little difference. :)

Maybe they should scrap it then ? What's your thoughts if you were in charge at AFL HQ ?
I detest the entire concept, I've said that numerous times before... it's fast becoming a circus.

If a player no longer wants to play for his current club then something must give the other way... not for free.

I detest the entire concept, I've said that numerous times before... it's fast becoming a circus.

If a player no longer wants to play for his current club then something must give the other way... not for free.
And compo picks ? Should crows receive one and ideally what number should it be ?

And compo picks ? Should crows receive one and ideally what number should it be ?
They'll receive 2 first round picks this year should he decide to leave.

As for his worth and value as a player... well unless you're getting somebody such as Fyfe, Ablett or Selwood in return, you're losing out.

Hard to replace a player of his calibre but Adelaide have enough class to recover. :thumbsu: Some good talent on the list.

They'll receive 2 first round picks this year should he decide to leave.

As for his worth and value as a player... well unless you're getting somebody such as Fyfe, Ablett or Selwood in return, you're losing out.

Hard to replace a player of his calibre but Adelaide have enough class to recover. :thumbsu: Some good talent on the list.
2 first round picks ?........ You know we are entitled to a 1st round pick with or without danger leaving

Ps reckon he's gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All supporters want what is best for their club

Geelong supporters want to take Pd through FA and the AFL hand a compo pick

Adelaide supporters want their club to match and attempt to get what's best for their club

If I was a Geelong supporter I would want then to pick him up this way to say it's not logical to do what all the supporters are saying is ridiculous. Geelong supporters don't want us to match why would they I wouldn't if I was them. They will attempt to come up with all the utensil and bull stories under the sun to justify why we shouldn't match. But that's only for their own interests, no one in their right mind would want less if they can get more, so don't preach what's best for Adelaide you don't give a s**t and nor should you, you only care about your club and so you should.

you know your on the Geelong board don't you??

2 first round picks ?........ You know we are entitled to a 1st round pick with or without danger leaving

Ps reckon he's gone
I know exactly what you're entitled to but what I'm saying is that you may receive another pick should he decide to leave.

marty36

• This year's biggest free agency fish, Patrick Dangerfield,still looks set to join Geelong, with most rival clubs confident that Adelaide will not match the Cats' offer for the restricted free agent.

So you are offering the big godfather offer
Nope. An offer that fits into our payment structure and is heavily front loaded... I explained this to you months ago.

Unless it's a godfather offer we all know Adelaide will match, it is averaged out you are aware of that?
So you keep saying... like 1,000 times.

I'm afraid you're going to be bitterly disappointed.:thumbsu:

Not to mention that you have no idea how matching works.

So your offering the godfather offer mmmmm let's see how the club goes overpaying a player so we don't match. Didn't think that was the Geelong way obviously I am wrong
I'm now convinced your eyes are painted on. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back