EDFL Div 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone up for predictions? I reckon it's going to be a very good comp this year.

For mine, this is my guess on how it might pan out.

Tulla
West Coburg
Glenroy
Oak Park
Taylors Lakes
Westmeadows
Craigieburn
Hadfield
Hillside

Tulla to be Premiers

Glenroy
Tulla
West Coburg
Westmeadows
Oak Park
Craigieburn
Taylors Lakes
Hadfield
Hillside

Glenroy to beat Tulla in GF
Big improvers to be West Coburg and Westmeadows
Big Slider to be Taylors lakes

Tulla struggled against Melton south. Not sure who won but Melton south were in front when left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big thankyou to the Craigieburn under 18's coach and playing group for their efforts yesterday in our practice match with them out at highgate. I coach the Romsey under 18's from the Riddell FNL, and weve had a hard job of getting a full list on the track atm, with a mix of injuries to several lads, part time work commitments and various other responsibilities being the main factors. Whilst the boys have things sorted out so that we will go into round one with near on a full list of numbers, and a bench, we found ourselves turning out at craigieburn yesterday morning with only 15 players. We apologised for the predicament we found ourselves in, to both the 18s coach and the 18s coaching staff, from c/burn, and asked how they would like to proceed, throwing several ideas on the table. One, was that both sides play without wingers, with sixteen each. Two, was that we would be more than happy to play with our fifteen against their 18, fully understanding that they should not have to change their structures and game plans, through no fault of their own doing. We turned up without enough so we were prepared to cop what come to us and go at it undermanned. The third being to scratch the game all together.
Their answer to these options that we tabled showed the ammount of class that the people in charge have down there. They offered to have five of their boys come and have a run for us. The old fashioned fix of days gone by.... I honestly thought id never see that happen, in this day and age especially, ever again. Last time i did see that old chestnut was in the later part of my junior years. A while back now anyway. The coach was more than understanding, and fully willing to help us out, in a situation where he didnt really have to, and had no obligation to at all. Couple that, with the attitude of the five boys that come and played for us, who carried themselves and represented their club impecably, and we really cant thank the craigieburn footy club enough. All class, looked strong right over the board, in all sides on the day, both on the ground, and the friendliest bunch you would want to drink green meanies with off of it. We really appreciated your help and cant speak any higher of your club, players and people, and we all at Romsey hope you get back up where you belong by this time next season. Theres no doubt that despite recent years poorer than usual results, you are and always will be an "A"grade football club. All the best to everyone in the brown and white, and once again... Thanks a heap.

Went past port colts vs hillside (edfl div 1) at port yesterday.it looked like it was going to be the seniors vs auskick with a considerable size difference between the two sides.hillside got up by 6 goals I think

Heard a whisper the Kelior champion Ricky Marcy on his way to Tulla. Is this true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper the Kelior champion Ricky Marcy on his way to Tulla. Is this true

I'd say highly unlikely given his loyalty to Keilor - absolute club champion of that club although he did recently purchase a house close by and his uncle is a heavy hitter at Tullamarine.

Whilst on whispers - GA tipped to be providing a sizeable donation to the Demons this year - as their price has been wound into $1.20 for this year’s premiership.

Will this then turn into a bigger donation next year and ensuing year's as I'm sure GA would love another crack at that unbelievably elusive premiership record of FIVE A Grade flags in a row - held by Tullamarine mind you!

Now that story does have a bit of fairytale about it doesn’t it?

Watch this space....................

I'd say highly unlikely given his loyalty to Keilor - absolute club champion of that club although he did recently purchase a house close by and his uncle is a heavy hitter at Tullamarine.

Whilst on whispers - GA tipped to be providing a sizeable donation to the Demons this year - as their price has been wound into $1.20 for this year’s premiership.

Will this then turn into a bigger donation next year and ensuing year's as I'm sure GA would love another crack at that unbelievably elusive premiership record of FIVE A Grade flags in a row - held by Tullamarine mind you!

Now that story does have a bit of fairytale about it doesn’t it?

Watch this space....................
Just what local footy needs.... GA to bankroll another club

All is not as well as it sounds at Tullamarine, struggling to field a SENIOR side for the practice game tomorrow, only been 25odd on the track. Hubris down at Leo Dineen

You guys are funny. Facts- Ricky Marcy at this stage is retired but his cousins play at Tulla and they would love him to have a season with them. Facts- GA has had a small sponsorship with Tulla as he has with many clubs, certainly not bankrolling. Facts- Tulla have got many out for tomorrows praccy, one reason is there are a number of injuries which are better to rest and get right for next week and the other reason is the skipper has his engagement party tomorrow and the popular man that he is quite a few of the players are attending that. Fact- over 40 guys trained Tue which is massive for Tulla. Hopefully this clears a few things up.

If you are unable to make it to the Interleague match today you can watch and listen online.

Watch on smart phones via Team App - in the app search for EDFL and join the EDFL page.

Then on the EDFL home screen click on the Live Radio for audio stream or Live Video for video stream.

You can watch in your web browser at www.essendondfl.teamapp.com

Triple header starts 11am, EDFL vs Northern FL at 1.25pm Melbourne time.

1970870_516795268429371_1431606196_n.jpg

Rd 1 arrives this week. Round 1 selections
Tulla easily against Hillside
Oak Pk versus West cob ripping rd 1 game both these sides expect to be playing finals. 2 very good midfields but WC to just win
Crazy to beat Haddy. Haddy 3 to 4 goals better at home but crazy have recruited well and will just win
TL to beat westy. Westy have recruited plenty and not much action at Lakes but Lakes superstars to get them home.
Ladder prediction
Tulla
Roys
TL
WC
Oak park
Crazy
westy
Haddy
Hillside
Good luck to all teams and the hard working people who get all the clubs on the park

Tulla
WC
Craigieburn
TL

I note Hadfield have recruited a few quality top age U18s. Not sure if that's for their top side or another tilt at an U18 title.
Hey Auckmel what makes you think the Roys will go down out of the 4? any reason or just a gut feel

Watch the 1st half if oak park v NOBS. I'd have to say that oak park would have to have the starting on ball division in the comp. pascu, Kennedy and German starting with Bloomfield in the ruck. Wouldn't get much better then this. If there Fwds start marking the ball look at divy 1 teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back