EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know of at least 2 other clubs who thought they were just about over the line with Hurley until just last week
I know of at least 2 other clubs who thought they were just about over the line with Hurley until just last week
On ya another dreamer, it’s okay tulla you are worse than 5 years ago Hurley wouldn’t low his standards playing for a mediocre club

Garbage. He signed 2 months ago and was posted on there social media. So either your lying or the people you are speaking to are taking the piss out of you.

Garbage. He signed 2 months ago and was posted on there social media. So either your lying or the people you are speaking to are taking the piss out of you.
Or, he like plenty of others before him, has kept his options open.
There was plenty of noise about him meeting other clubs.

There was plenty of noise about him meeting other clubs.
Where there is smoke …. Wouldn’t be the first player to have a rethink after having a few envelopes passed under the table

Garbage. He signed 2 months ago and was posted on their social media. So either you’re lying or the people you are speaking to are taking the piss out of you.

Could be a bit of both. Maybe let him dream
There was plenty of noise about him meeting other cl
Where there is smoke …. Wouldn’t be the first player to have a rethink after having a few envelopes passed under the table
Yeah dusty Martin retires mid season signs at oak park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whut? It's not as though there is yearly wrangling where a club has to negotiate the release of a contracted player or anything..

So if a player signs and then leaves what’s in it for the club they originally signed at?

Send across a little $$ and then be done with it?

So if a player signs and then leaves what’s in it for the club they originally signed at?

Send across a little $$ and then be done with it?
With the new Feb clearance opening there is nothing holding the player to said club. They just get cleared from previous club.
Basically any recruits announced prior to Feb.1 are just for the brag on social media, they can’t be registered to the club until cleared.

With the new Feb clearance opening there is nothing holding the player to said club. They just get cleared from previous club.
Basically any recruits announced prior to Feb.1 are just for the brag on social media, they can’t be registered to the club until cleared.
It's been happening since well before the clearance window was shifted too.
That some find it unusual just highlights a degree of naivety.

I understand the reasoning why clearances don’t open on Nov/Dec to ease load on volunteers but it does become problematic for clubs when they sign and announce players and then the players reneg on deals when a better offer comes up in the off season prior to clearances opening.

I understand the reasoning why clearances don’t open on Nov/Dec to ease load on volunteers but it does become problematic for clubs when they sign and announce players and then the players reneg on deals when a better offer comes up in the off season prior to clearances opening.

It’s actually worse for volunteers

There is a lot more happening in club land in Feb than there is in November….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back