EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is a question for those from around the clubs. Which club played the youngest team in average age, all year? it was either Strathmore or EDS. Strathmore say they were playing around 5 or so u19’s, whereas; EDS looked to be playing each week 10 to 13 players 21 or under.

You’d either need to have access to all DOBs or guess!

SFC had ten U19s play Premier Seniors this year and six in each of the finals. Also had a few just out of U19s. That said, there are no prizes for being the youngest team, only Premiers.

You’d either need to have access to all DOBs or guess!

SFC had ten U19s play Premier Seniors this year and six in each of the finals. Also had a few just out of U19s. That said, there are no prizes for being the youngest team, only Premiers.

AH had 6 U/19’s play seniors this year with 90% of other players under 25. Only 3 players aged over 26.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

EDFL is becoming boring , same three or four teams will win flags for next twenty years !! The same four clubs that spent the most money to become strong clubs prior to points system , so are in fact reaping the rewards from that era !! The only people who would disagree would be people from these clubs

Congratulations to Abers for getting three teams to the final. Two out of three wins. The comeback in the last quarter made it a good game.

EDFL is becoming boring , same three or four teams will win flags for next twenty years !! The same four clubs that spent the most money to become strong clubs prior to points system , so are in fact reaping the rewards from that era !! The only people who would disagree would be people from these clubs
Well go and help your club overtake these powerful well run clubs who have invested countless hours on being what they are. Stop typing, start helping and feel free to go over to the WRFL Deer Park, EFL Vermont or Balwyn and countless other competitions.

Well go and help your club overtake these powerful well run clubs who have invested countless hours on being what they are. Stop typing, start helping and feel free to go over to the WRFL Deer Park, EFL Vermont or Balwyn and countless other competitions.

Nice work PC, it’s completely upto you how successful you are

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon PC your better than that. The 3 clubs that you have mentioned are all controlled by big power brokers and big $$. Not many clubs in the state can match offers these clubs offer players.
It’s definitely harder with the points system in play and surely you agree it was beneficial for those clubs that had strong juniors and retention of players prior to the points system coming in. Retention of players was built on offering them very good $$ years ago.

You also now find there are not many new coaches applying for roles! Why? Because you can’t go and coach a club and bring a group of 5-6 mates along. That was always enticing to some players. Take a position at a club which hasn’t won a premiership for a while and try and get them success.
NO it’s not based on $$ as usually a core group would play for unders to play or reunite with mates.

Good on Keilor. Best coach by a mile and a squad with depth. But don’t tell me some of these players play for peanuts. But it’s a good mix and there bottom players are what holds them in good stead.

No I didn't but will go out on a limb and predict next year's grandfinalists Aberfeldie v Keilor

I’m not so sure about Abers, beaten by Keilor 4 times this year and their stars are getting on in years, think they’ll need to get a some new stars the shore up their 1 pointers

Cmon PC your better than that. The 3 clubs that you have mentioned are all controlled by big power brokers and big $$. Not many clubs in the state can match offers these clubs offer players.
It’s definitely harder with the points system in play and surely you agree it was beneficial for those clubs that had strong juniors and retention of players prior to the points system coming in. Retention of players was built on offering them very good $$ years ago.

You also now find there are not many new coaches applying for roles! Why? Because you can’t go and coach a club and bring a group of 5-6 mates along. That was always enticing to some players. Take a position at a club which hasn’t won a premiership for a while and try and get them success.
NO it’s not based on $$ as usually a core group would play for unders to play or reunite with mates.

Good on Keilor. Best coach by a mile and a squad with depth. But don’t tell me some of these players play for peanuts. But it’s a good mix and there bottom players are what holds them in good stead.

I think your 3rd paragraph just happened with this year RDFL Premier Rupo

Stop saying Mick is the best coach by a mile.
Potter is a much better coach the mcguane.
Abers have recruited 2 players in 3 seasons and have nearly pull off a 3 peat. Keilor player on 46 points and Abers played on 30.
Mick is a good coach don’t get me wrong but his not the best. Abers are playing more kids and developing them not just going out and recruiting.

Abers have recruited 2 players in 3 seasons and have nearly pull off a 3 peat. Keilor player on 46 points and Abers played on 30.
Mick is a good coach don’t get me wrong but his not the best. Abers are playing more kids and developing them not just going out and recruiting.
😂😂😂😂

don't forget one of those flags has an asterisk against it

Who are the 2 recruits?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most boring comp in Melbourne. In a full season of footy 94 games , we arguably had one upset result. Glenroy beating Strathmore other than that there wasn't one game you would consider as a surprise result.
what about west medows knocking off both craigieburn and east Keilor in the first part of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back