Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have Mitch O’Neill so low, under age all Australian one of the top midfielders in this crop
Rhys Mathieson was also a bottom age AA and at the time one of the top midfielders so i dont read to much into that. I like O'Neill but ive liked others more at this stage, his kicking worried me in the all-stars game but he was under an injury cloud so i havent marked him too much on that game but he is one ill hope to see a bit of live next year when Tasmania joins the TAC Cup.

Rhys Mathieson was also a bottom age AA and at the time one of the top midfielders so i dont read to much into that. I like O'Neill but ive liked others more at this stage, his kicking worried me in the all-stars game but he was under an injury cloud so i havent marked him too much on that game but he is one ill hope to see a bit of live next year when Tasmania joins the TAC Cup.
I wouldn’t worry about his kick he played with a grade 3 Spained ankle and it was his kicking foot, I really rate your top 30 just would have O’Neill higher

As I have said a few times, I really like Jed McEntee from Sturt. A bit on the short side at the moment, but hard at it and one of the most consistent kids next year. Havent seen him play a bad game.
I also like Anzac Lochowiak from Sturt as well.
He reminds me of David Roden for some reason.
Daniel Sladojevic runs the risk of ending up another Hugo Munn. He can lead and mark, and kick goals, but he isnt an athletic freak like Daniher etc, and doesnt have a big tank like Luko. He isnt tall enough to be that ruck/forward player either.
I have seen him played in defence a few times so maybe the SA coaches are thinking the same.
Also Trent Burgoyne doesnt get enough love. Saw him play a few times this year and he has that Burgoyne silk.

As I have said a few times, I really like Jed McEntee from Sturt. A bit on the short side at the moment, but hard at it and one of the most consistent kids next year. Havent seen him play a bad game.
I also like Anzac Lochowiak from Sturt as well.
He reminds me of David Roden for some reason.
Daniel Sladojevic runs the risk of ending up another Hugo Munn. He can lead and mark, and kick goals, but he isnt an athletic freak like Daniher etc, and doesnt have a big tank like Luko. He isnt tall enough to be that ruck/forward player either.
I have seen him played in defence a few times so maybe the SA coaches are thinking the same.
Also Trent Burgoyne doesnt get enough love. Saw him play a few times this year and he has that Burgoyne silk.
From what I’ve heard from some SA scouts is that McEntee is a Tom Sparrow type so he has a likely range from 25-50. Have not seen him personally thus isn’t in my top 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that's just the players in the "Allies" portion of the expanded AFL academy. But the astericks in the original article don't match with those names. I haven't checked all the "Allies" players but just ran my eye over the Swans academy players. All those listed as training with the Swans over the summer are also included in this "Allies squad", yet two don't have asterisks by their name in Twoomey's article. The same is true of the Giants squad. All four listed as training with the Giants are also in this "Allies squad" yet only one is asterisked.

They could just be typos, I guess (rather a lot of typos), but I thought that the summer training with an AFL club was part of the AFL academy programme. So you'd expect all those training with clubs to be in the AFL academy and vice versa. That renders the asterisks against some names (and seemingly only "Allies" players) as somewhat redundant unless they signify something else.

So that's just the players in the "Allies" portion of the expanded AFL academy. But the astericks in the original article don't match with those names. I haven't checked all the "Allies" players but just ran my eye over the Swans academy players. All those listed as training with the Swans over the summer are also included in this "Allies squad", yet two don't have asterisks by their name in Twoomey's article. The same is true of the Giants squad. All four listed as training with the Giants are also in this "Allies squad" yet only one is asterisked.

They could just be typos, I guess (rather a lot of typos), but I thought that the summer training with an AFL club was part of the AFL academy programme. So you'd expect all those training with clubs to be in the AFL academy and vice versa. That renders the asterisks against some names (and seemingly only "Allies" players) as somewhat redundant unless they signify something else.
The * is for the 17 year olds

The * is for the 17 year olds

I agree it would a demarcation that made sense, but that can't be it either (in this instance). Again with reference to the Swans players, three of the asterisked players are U18 and two are U17. Of the non-asterisked players one is U18 and the other I don't know (as he's not in the Swans' own academy but rather is listed as being from the Murray region).

Off the back of a disappointing year, I don’t see any Eastern Ranges players in your rankings, probably fair enough. Any comment on Mellis, Rossiter or Stapleton? Any other Ranges players who may have caught your interest?
Mellis is on the small side, busy player but i think he will need to really show some signs up forward. Stapleton is also a solid player without an elite trait i can see so far and Rossiter is a talented forward but he is at an awkward height and im yet to see those standout athletic traits like Sam Sturt showed this year thats suggests that Rossiter goes in the first round. Rossiter being the only Academy Representative even with the extended academy shows a real lack of top end talent for Eastern this year.

Who do guys believe will be the best highest ranked Ruckman in next years draft also Comparisons
It’s tough to rate the ruckman this early since they develop very differently. I couldn’t tell you many comparisons for anybody other than Jackson who at this stage looks the standout ruck despite his height. He would be a mix between Ryder and Grundy for me at this stage but he is still rather unique in the way he plays.

It’s tough to rate the ruckman this early since they develop very differently. I couldn’t tell you many comparisons for anybody other than Jackson who at this stage looks the standout ruck despite his height. He would be a mix between Ryder and Grundy for me at this stage but he is still rather unique in the way he plays.
Whats his height , weight and DOB

I do realise they will probably have some growth in them but would need to be 196/197 now to get to ruck height in 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back