Essendon want Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting reading the various comments on these pages. Seems that some people have taken it in as true fact that not only is his Father very sick (could be very true), but that his nominated club is Essendon. All of these are purely speculative. Not saying they're false of course, but just something to keep in mind.

There are no sources in Robbo's article at all, and from my experience, this guy can be very hit and miss with his stories.

If everything according to this story is true, then the Suns will trade him for the best offer that any of the VIC clubs offer. He may have specified Essendon for some reason, but the club will do what's best for it. There are a few clubs that have better offers than Essendon right now, so they might be looking around.

If he's not traded, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Caddy remain a Sun, not only next year, but the years that follow. Not trading him this year would tell me that Robbo's story was bogus (or at least inflated greatly), and that the club thinks it can re-sign him, rather than keep him for an extra year and get him for much less.

Glad this came up now rather than Tuesday. Be all over in 30 hours. :D

Agree. Has anyone official actually come out and said anything? Bomber didnt mention names when referring to chasing a specific midfielder. Emma Quayle has mentioned it a fair few times, and I'd take her word over Robbo's everyday of the week, but still waiting to hear something from either club, Caddy's manager etc before I really start jumping up and down wanting this deal to eventuate.

I think everyone wants Caddy.
He could have "nominated Essendon" in as much as his management telling him that Essendon had interest, and him thinking "Essendon wants me, Essendon is in Melbourne, I want to go back to Melbourne, I want to go to Essendon"

If North, Richmond, Dogs and Saints for example all put in decent options, I'm sure he'd take a step back and consider them, and GC would try to work out a trade that is reasonable.
It's hard to imagine that being a massive North supporter as a kid, and being only one year out of Melbourne, that we wouldn't be a fair chance, provided what we offered was the same as the Bombers. I guess it's just going to come down to GC getting the best deal, and you feel the TIges are in the box seat with the Tambling compo.

GC will relocate the family to the Gold Coast. Caddy to stay.

You heard it here first

Madness. Far too revolutionary a concept for the football world to handle right now.

I reckon Brisbane would pull the trigger on Tom Bellchambers for #12 by itself if they can't jag Tippett. Doubt Essendon would trade Bellchambers though.

They have identified all week that they need a high quality midfielder/prospect. All comes down to trading in an area where you have a surplus for an area you are short in.

This is such a terrible thread.

Regardless of all that is going on with his dad, how do you all believe that this is any different than say a burgoyne, gunston, judd, tarrant, choosing to come back to victoria to play for their CHOSEN club. He has every right to stipulate where he would prefer to play, as all of these players above did.

If in fact he has specifically chosen Essendon, then the rest of you can stick it, because as much as you want to offer big deals for him, we only have to offer a little bit less and he will be ours.

So stop moaning about the fact he has chosen us, and move on.

Boxes of tissues on sale at Chemist Warehouse for $1.20 I believe.

Your "in fact" statement is complete rubbish. If he goes it will be for the best deal. If he holds out for Essendon he will look like a tool and his "Family" issue will be seen as bogus.

If in fact he has specifically chosen Essendon, then the rest of you can stick it, because as much as you want to offer big deals for him, we only have to offer a little bit less and he will be ours.

From supposition to fact in a single sentence. I'm impressed.:thumbsu:

Best get some toilet paper while you're down there.:thumbsu:

Regardless of all that is going on with his dad, how do you all believe that this is any different than say a burgoyne, gunston, judd, tarrant, choosing to come back to victoria to play for their CHOSEN club. He has every right to stipulate where he would prefer to play, as all of these players above did.

And that's why Melbourne didn't bother making an offer for MitchClark......oh wait.

The difference is that Caddy is contracted, so if he can't get to the club of his choice he stays at GC

He can't say essendon or bust & threaten to go into the PSD...as GC will simply keep him if this is the case

In addition to this the "compassionate grounds" that essendon intend to use in their favour also plays into favour of all the other victorian based clubs.

Slightly different scenario than all the players you mentioned

Madness. Far too revolutionary a concept for the football world to handle right now.

haha I know, like most of this thread.

Logically if something is to happen it will go to the best offer from any Vic club.

Or he will stay, and some sort of travelling deal may be negotiated for the young fella.

Josh Toy was allowed something like this a couple years ago.

There is only 24 hours left as well...:cool: (Insert 24 Tv Show sound clip here)

fixed your rubbish post for you, your welcome:thumbsu:

btw i never mentioned offering lindsay thomas, learn to read

Maybe you take your own advice, I dont remember reading caddy nominating North Melbourne, nor have I read that north is interested or made an enquiry yet somehow you think your a better proposal than Essendon.

What does North have that such a C.A. over essendon? pick 18? please compared to pick 19, this isn't fantasy sports? Tarrant because he was pick 15? please he has hardly played a game and with that logic Gumbleton monsters him (pick 2). A Club with better Resources? Nup, a club rich with success, nup, A club that regularly plays in front of 60+ thousand Crowds, more like 60 people.

Plus you dont know how much we have offered him? We have plenty.

Might want to grab a pack for yourselves when we knock back your offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is that Caddy is contracted, so if he can't get to the club of his choice he stays at GC

He can't say essendon or bust & threaten to go into the PSD...as GC will simply keep him if this is the case

In addition to this the "compassionate grounds" that essendon intend to use in their favour also plays into favour of all the other victorian based clubs.

Slightly different scenario than all the players you mentioned

Well said...Bombers fans will be dissapointed Monday afternoon I think :thumbsu:

What you are choosing to disregard is exactly what makes it different genius. If he's so desperate to get home to his dad, he should allow his current club to deal with any club in Melbourne to ensure a swift and equitable deal is done.

Maybe you take your own advice, I dont remember reading caddy nominating North Melbourne, nor have I read that north is interested or made an enquiry yet somehow you think your a better proposal than Essendon.

What does North have that such a C.A. over essendon? pick 18? please compared to pick 19, this isn't fantasy sports? Tarrant because he was pick 15? please he has hardly played a game and with that logic Gumbleton monsters him (pick 2). A Club with better Resources? Nup, a club rich with success, nup, A club that regularly plays in front of 60+ thousand Crowds, more like 60 people.

Plus you dont know how much we have offered him? We have plenty.
no-one has stated he has nominated north yet. No idea what your talking about.

Why does essendon's compassionate grounds pitch mean GC has to take the hit?

If Essendon is so concerned about the boy being near his Dad, surely they should be willing to pay overs.

Apparently the Dons are the only club to show this level of interest. If he could choose, he'd choose North

There very well may be one but I personally haven't seen a direct quote from any Essendon official requesting the trade with GC based on compassionate grounds.

I'm quoting Australia's best selling newspaper.... And written by that Dons lover Robinson. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not sure if Mark Robinson has ever gotten anything about Essendon correct. He has too much emotion in it.

He never has a good thing to say about Essendon because he expects more from them as a supporter than he would other clubs that he has little to no emotional attachment to.

The article that Mark "BOMBER" Robinson DIDN'T write:

ESSENDON is believed to have launched a bid to lure Gold Coast midfielder Josh Caddy back to his home state.

The Bombers hope to trade for the Brisbane Lions' end of round one compensation pick, received last year for the loss of Michael Rischitelli to the Suns.

They would then offer that selection, plus their first round pick (No. 19) in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, to Gold Coast in exchange for Caddy.

Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson alluded to the proposed trade at the launch of the club's sponsorship deal with Kia Motors on Friday.

"We're just trying to go under the radar and get something done quietly," Thompson said.

"We've targeted someone that we really want and if we get him, it would be great.

"We're after someone who can add to our midfield."

Caddy endured a difficult first season on the Gold Coast. The 19 year-old spent most of the year sidelined with a foot injury, finally making his AFL debut in round 23.

He is also believed to have suffered from homesickness.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125132/default.aspx

No talk of "preferred" clubs.

In fact, why would Essendon "go under the radar" to "get something done quietly" if they weren't frightened about other clubs trumping their offer?

BTW, notice how I have referred to actual quotes?

He does. And all of those clubs have a right to refuse any deal that the club chasing their player came up with, just as GC do with Essendon.

If he wants to go on the grounds of 'compassionate leave', then he'll be happy to go to any Melbourne club and GC would be dogging him if they refused to trade him. If he wants to go specifically to Essendon, then it's not about 'compassionate leave' anymore and GC are well within their rights not to trade him for unders.

Pick 18 and Lindsay Thomas to Gold Coast.

Can Essendon beat that?

Pick 19.

If you want to come home from a team in a different state and you state compassionate leave as your reason, it seems like then going "Oh but I want to go to Essendon" is counter-productive.

Surely if you want to come home SO badly (and his reason is obviously a good one), you'd be happy to end up at ANY Melbourne club.

That's my take on it anyway.

Of course, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got a preferred destination. I think Essendon are the most keen (despite what fans of North, Richmond and the Dogs want) and he's keen on Essendon.

If there was a concrete offer on the table and concrete interest from any other club, then the circumstances change, but at the moment it's all BF guesswork. At this stage there's two clubs in the running - Gold Coast and Essendon, probably in that order.

no-one has stated he has nominated north yet. No idea what your talking about.

That shows your intelligence then mate.

So what are you North melbourne posters doing here saying your a chance to get him, why are your supporters saying that he will nominate North melbourne because his grand pappy played for them, why are you saying he likes North Melbourne because he trainedf with them during his AIS days.
Why has there been trade proposals from north supporters such as Tarrant and pick 18 or Thomas and pick 18.

Why you wasting your time then if you realise he hasn't nominated North Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back