Preview Faceoff Round 22- Adelaide vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a shootout.
We (the eagles) will bleed goals but i suspect that will also be the case for the Crows.
I reckon the midfields will break even, and it'll really come down to conversion.
Suddenly I've lost confidence!

It seems in the big games our conversion lets us down…usually resulting in a loss.

I wholeheartedly agree with Glenno23, as an Adelaide fan living in Perth the Eagles fan base are (when they are winning), hands down the worst in the league. In saying that they are playing some damn good footy at the moment. I feel as though we can kick enough goals to win, just a case of our mids applying enough defensive pressure to help out our back six. Finals after the year we have had would be momentous, FIRE UP LADS!!

Hey Guys, looks like we will be resting players this week, so you should get an easy win. I would like to congratulate you on your season so far. To be in the position your are given the shocking circumstances is a credit to your great club.

I feel like your team is currently 4th on my power rankings. I would not like to face you in a final this year. It's shame you guys won't finish fourth as you would have given the flag a shake. I would like to ask a question regarding your backline. Who in your opinion will be your starting back 6 next year? It seems to me that you have some inconsistent performers back there and would like to know from a fans perspective who your best back 6 are?

Cheers guys and good luck in September!
This year..
B. Brown Talia Lever
Hb. Smith Hartigan Laird

Good write-up. I like reading these to get an idea what opposition supporters are thinking/hoping.

What happened there? I was also at this fantastic game, but was obviously wearing the right coloured shirt, so wouldn't have likely seen anything.

Just drunk morons getting right up in my face. Was with my girlfriend at the time and we were quietly making our way out and there was a lot of grief thrown our way on the way out. Right up in my face (like within 2 inches) It was pretty gross as they were a bit tipsy and couldn't control their "spit/spray" when they were yelling "Carn Eagles" and "* off back to SA"

The worst offenders were pulled away by their mates though

Only time i've ever felt threatened at the footy

Just drunk morons getting right up in my face. Was with my girlfriend at the time and we were quietly making our way out and there was a lot of grief thrown our way on the way out. Right up in my face (like within 2 inches) It was pretty gross as they were a bit tipsy and couldn't control their "spit/spray" when they were yelling "Carn Eagles" and "**** off back to SA"

I went to the 2006 Subiaco debacle when we were the Crowbots and got a spanking - the Eagles supporters were radical! Many were more than passionate and a little unnerving luckily I have thick skin and they served alcohol!

Need to change some of our stoppage work for this game.

If we go in doing our usual stuff, Nicnat will have too much influence and we lose the game.
We can NOT rely on Jacobs dominating the ruck.
Hopefully Campo gives something different a go, at least for times during the game, to really ensure we don't get exposed at the coalface.
I'd probably settle for less guys at jacobs feet to stop that easy exit if they get first possession. it's been our stoppage preference since clarke came to the club.. needs to change for at least this week to give us a real shot IMO.

Just drunk morons getting right up in my face. Was with my girlfriend at the time and we were quietly making our way out and there was a lot of grief thrown our way on the way out. Right up in my face (like within 2 inches) It was pretty gross as they were a bit tipsy and couldn't control their "spit/spray" when they were yelling "Carn Eagles" and "**** off back to SA"

That sucks, sorry you had to go through that. Surprised it was that intense from more than one or two people. I've never had any issues at any ground anywhere, but obviously there is s**t that goes on, we've all seen the footage and reports of fans punching on at MCG and Docklands, so no doubt stuff happens more than most of us see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sucks, sorry you had to go through that. Surprised it was that intense from more than one or two people. I've never had any issues at any ground anywhere, but obviously there is s**t that goes on, we've all seen the footage and reports of fans punching on at MCG and Docklands, so no doubt stuff happens more than most of us see.
Too many cashed up bogans over here.

I have been to a shiteload of AFL games, never been or felt threatened.

However I was threatened by a Centrals fan at a SANFL grand final. Was also threatened at a Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United game. Neither of these would surprise many SA sports fans.

Being the pacifist I am I beat a hasty retreat on both occasions :)

Hey Guys, looks like we will be resting players this week, so you should get an easy win. I would like to congratulate you on your season so far. To be in the position your are given the shocking circumstances is a credit to your great club.

I feel like your team is currently 4th on my power rankings. I would not like to face you in a final this year. It's shame you guys won't finish fourth as you would have given the flag a shake. I would like to ask a question regarding your backline. Who in your opinion will be your starting back 6 next year? It seems to me that you have some inconsistent performers back there and would like to know from a fans perspective who your best back 6 are?

The arrogance of West Coast is downright astounding!
May it be their undoing!

Can I please ask how this is a post of an arrogant eagles supporter?

You don't own that house in Pt headland that was purchased for $1.2m a few years ago but is now worth $400k do you?

Ha ha no. The person who owned that probably would have made a fortune in rent in the years between and may well have owned other properties as well.

When I first moved to Pilbara my company house was rented at $2000pw. Now it is $500pw.

I have been to a shiteload of AFL games, never been or felt threatened.

However I was threatened by a Centrals fan at a SANFL grand final. Was also threatened at a Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United game. Neither of these would surprise many SA sports fans.

Being the pacifist I am I beat a hasty retreat on both occasions :)
The Adelaide United v Victory final we lost 6-0 was intense some woman threw a bottle of piss from the upper level of the Lockett end down onto all the united fans.... was disgraceful

The Adelaide United v Victory final we lost 6-0 was intense some woman threw a bottle of piss from the upper level of the Lockett end down onto all the united fans.... was disgraceful

Yeesh. Classy lass.

I just remembered also at the EJ Whitten SOO game I was sitting with the SA cheersquad. We got heaps of stuff thrown at us ... no piss tho. Security wouldnt do anything about it. One guy didnt see any of the game as he started punching on with a Vic fan before the game and got evicted.

Never have felt threatened at any away AFL games tho .... never went to Vic Park tho!!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...he-clubs-success/story-fni5f4l8-1227492998753

Gotta call it as I see it. Guess I could sit and visualise a win.
We could get up if we can maintain our concentrated effort and our best footy for four qs. We may be too young a side to do this against tough opposition such as WCE.
Hope I'm wrong and I'll be there in good voice whatever I think of the likely result.

I am feeling another win this week. In fact, getting the same vibe as before Richmond. The trade winds of the Pacific can apparently travel further then we think. :)

Can I please ask how this is a post of an arrogant eagles supporter?

Nothing arrogant about your post mate. I think he's referring to the club for resting players, not its supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back