Preview Faceoff Round 22- Adelaide vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

as a crows supporter I worry most about gaff and shuey- 2 guys that are able to run on the outside and carve us up where we lack defensive spread ............I'd like to see knight spend some time on gaff- paying him close attention , danger to go head to head with shuey and crouch/ Thompson to matvh up at times on priddis but back themselves in
I think that is certainly a fair assessment. However, don't discount Priddis. When he gets on a roll, he is as dangerous as any of our players.

I think the only time nicnat has the advantage is at centre bounces. Jacobs should and will likley win the around the ground stoppages due to his superior height and body work. The centre bounce is the issue as he cant get body on nicnat hence he just jumps over jacobs.

Would love to still have a Rhett Biglands in the team. He was so good at just jumping into the opposition ruckman and take their spring out. Since we dont have that I dont know what the answer is. Do we have someone that has a leap like Nicnat? Even if they dont play ruck? Else our midfield will have to play defensive at centre bounces and hope that we can shark a few or at least cause another stoppage that will give Jacobs the option to body nicnat.
Nobody has a leap like Nic! I wouldn't bet on Jacobs clearly winning around the ground. He only has 1cm on Nic and gives up weight:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1798&tid2=19&pid2=3108&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

I think that is certainly a fair assessment. However, don't discount Priddis. When he gets on a roll, he is as dangerous as any of our players.

Nobody has a leap like Nic! I wouldn't bet on Jacobs clearly winning around the ground. He only has 1cm on Nic and gives up weight:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1798&tid2=19&pid2=3108&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S
Priddis is a gun no doubt but we can't tag him, he's not really someone you can stop and we need to back our inside mids in as they are our strength

Matt crouch is the sort of kid that is looking for a challenge and a chance to step up, he has high ambition and it's time we put some acid on him as I think he will respond , he needs chop outs thoug as not fit enough yet

If we 'blame' anyone I think it's Matty Clark. we started it when he became our main ruck and its continued with him as ruck coach.

Remember that game we lost to Melbourne I think in the last minute at AAMI due to an easy exit from a boundary line stoppage on the SW flank?
Andrew Leoncelli?

That was about 15 years ago

Because of our conversion we lost a couple we should have iced, and won a few by a lot less than we should have.

Freo - we had more scoring shots:mad: loss
first showdown - we had more scoring shots:mad: loss
Collingwood -should have won by 60+ - Win by 27
Brisbane (Gabba) should have won by 40+ -Win by 13
Richmond - should have won by 80+ -win by 36
Port - we had less scoring shots:) - win

Fun fact

Adelaide conversion rate so far 2015 - 54.4%
West coast conversion rate so far 2015 - 54.1%

Bring this game ON baby!!

Fun Fact.

Crows average 90 pts at AO in 2015.:)

Eagles average 96 pts when playing away.:(

What I am liking is some players who have been out of form like Tex and Smithers are back in form at the right end of the season. Think we can give this an almighty crack. We took it to both Freo and the Hawks and if not for some finishing in both could already be talking finals. We need speed in the middle in the first quarter and need to stick close to the Eagles mids in the middle. I'd be inclined to start Thommo out of the middle and play, Danger, Sloane and someone with some defensive nouce. Thommo as good as he is just lets players get past him too easily. We need to nullify NicNat or shark enough of his taps if we are to have any chance. Kick straight like we have been and we are a massive chance.

Fun Fact.

Crows average 90 pts at AO in 2015.:)

Eagles average 96 pts when playing away.:(

We've played North, Melbourne, Port twice, St Kilda, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Richmond and Brisbane at home

West Coast have played Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Port, St Kilda, North, Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast away

If we lose by 6 you need to hide

When I run the numbers I was hoping it was the Eagles home form which was major contributing factor to their overall average, scarily they average 116 at home.

Look at this way we actually led them at QT by 14 pts the last time we played. That fills me with confidence we can beat them. We are a basket case in the first quarter most weeks.

If Danger plays like he did in Perth and a few more follow...this group is galvanised by tragedy and playing as Phil wanted them to play. The Tigers game showed what could be done and think we have more players in form now. We have to play fast direct footy, get it down to Tex and company as fast as we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Danger plays like he did in Perth and a few more follow...this group is galvanised by tragedy and playing as Phil wanted them to play. The Tigers game showed what could be done and think we have more players in form now. We have to play fast direct footy, get it down to Tex and company as fast as we can.

We've also got less players named Wright and Mackay in the side!

come on Crows, do us a favour please! you guys should have had enough of the eagles beating you at vital times. Get physical (within the rules), eg rough up shuey (he could not get a kick against Crowley), let priddis kick the football and if all else fails get somebody to give Nic Nat the mother of all Sam Mitchell Corks

Yes but VB and Hendo are our wings.

Why would you bring me down like that?

tumblr_mtnibpFRjg1sqn4wyo1_400.gif

Will certainly take a top notch effort to knock the Eagles off, even if we are playing at home. I reckon they're capable of it, but not entirely convinced they'll win. We matched it with Freo and the Hawks at home and smothered Richmond, so we just need to show up and keep that manic pressure going in the forward line as well as stopping certain mids from the Eagles who always kill us.

We owe these Weagles a big win. Come on boys!!!
We certainly do Gets!
Imagine the confidence we would get out of such a payback:thumbsu:
Smart move resting Lever who will get 2 Brownlow Votes by wearing the cape once more and make superhero history in the process by thwarting the Weagle attack.

Im bussing it down for a night on the turps Saturday night and get a lift back after the game....cannot wait.

Danger must be BOG. Priddis and Gaff must be "cooled". If so Danger will win the brownlow.

Danger 3 votes.
Sloane 2 votes.
Tex 1 vote.

Andrew Leoncelli?

That was about 15 years ago
Stop. Stop. Just STTTOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP.

It happened 30 metres RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

Worse, I could see it unfolding before it happened…. and then…. in slow motion…. that ****er Leonbloodycelli sneaked forward of the pack, took an uncontested ball and….and… I can't even say it. Before the throw in I was screaming at our guys to get in that space Leonbloodycelli slipped into. <Insert FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU man pic>

I swear, to this day I still:mad::mad::cry: when ever it comes up in footy talk…which it does, often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back