Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to get Danger, but it's going to be difficult.

If Adelaide proactively trade Danger - the only reason will be because they think they are no chance over the next few years and want ealry draft picks who will be ready to dominate in a few years time. I reckon they'll be asking for two top 10 draft picks.

If Adelaide proactively trade Danger - the only reason will be because they think they are no chance over the next few years and want ealry draft picks who will be ready to dominate in a few years time. I reckon they'll be asking for two top 10 draft picks.
Well that won't be the reason. The whole point of sacking Sanderson was because they don't believe he is the coach that can get them into the top 4 and winning finals as they believe their list is currently capable of.

Unless danger is money hungry and willing to play for Melbourne, adelaide won't be getting two top pen picks.

All clubs have to beat is the likely compo pick + the opportunity cost of danger missing a season.

Well that won't be the reason. The whole point of sacking Sanderson was because they don't believe he is the coach that can get them into the top 4 and winning finals as they believe their list is currently capable of.

I heard someone suggest that it was the opposite. He felt that they were top 4 capable, but others wanted to do a rebuild - this is the only reason that they'd entertain the thought of trading Dangerfield.

I heard someone suggest that it was the opposite. He felt that they were top 4 capable, but others wanted to do a rebuild - this is the only reason that they'd entertain the thought of trading Dangerfield.
I haven't heard a single person suggest that. Adelaide FC (Roo in particular) have been quite clear on where they stand on the whole thing. Go ask the lovely people on the Adelaide board for a more in depth explanation.

Danger at Hawthorn? Well that is quite possible if the Hawks are willing to part with first round + Jed Anderson + Luke Breust + Isaac Smith .......so and so forth.

From what I understand they're looking at Grimley to fill Hale's role eventually. 2nd ruck/forward. Don't forget, the small exposure that Grimley had at AFL level (2013, I think) he looked quite ok too.
Have you seen this guy play recently?

If Hawthorn get offered anything for him they should take it and run.

Danger at Hawthorn? Well that is quite possible if the Hawks are willing to part with first round + Jed Anderson + Luke Breust + Isaac Smith .......so and so forth.
We wouldn't need to go that far.

Remember Judd, who was a once in a lifetime mid when he moved was pretty much traded for pick 3 and Kennedy who'd played 22 games at that point.

Remember Judd, who was a once in a lifetime mid when he moved was pretty much traded for pick 3 and Kennedy who'd played 22 games at that point.
Remember Judd when he moved also had OP and shoulder issues, while Kennedy was a pick #4 with two years in the system who looked just fine. But nah, pick 18, a fringe player and a bag of chips should suffice.

All clubs have to beat is the likely compo pick + the opportunity cost of danger missing a season.
...and each other.

Last edited:
Hawthorn like any other Victorian football club would have to trade big to get Danger this year. To wait and hope to get him next year is also wishful thinking, a lot changes in 12 months.

Hardly!...In fact the odds are that he will most likely be returning to Victoria & Adelaide will only receive a first round compo for him....Get use to it!

While Jed Anderson is hugely talent, He is comming off being put in an induced coma, I don't think anyone could be a lower value of what they are worth as a player then Jed Currently is

Pure bidding war, We would lose out. We don;t have a lot of what Adelaide want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3AW mentioned today that their rumour was Lake to retire and Frawley to be his replacement.

From what I understand they're looking at Grimley to fill Hale's role eventually. 2nd ruck/forward. Don't forget, the small exposure that Grimley had at AFL level (2013, I think) he looked quite ok too.

I'd prefer Lowden in that role.

Incorrect .

Hardly!...In fact the odds are that he will most likely be returning to Victoria & Adelaide will only receive a first round compo for him....Get use to it!

The vast majority of free agents re-sign. Maybe 1 in 20 don't.

Danger has large financial and personal investments in Adelaide. No reason to think he's more that 10% chance to leave, like all free agents.

Unless danger is money hungry and willing to play for Melbourne, adelaide won't be getting two top pen picks.

He is a RESTRICTED free agent. Be very interesting if Adelaide choose to match any free agent offers and Dangerfield only has the option of going to GWS in the draft or staying.

In the meantime, the only version that makes any sense is 2, 3 and Toumpas for Danger and 9, or 5 and Aish in the Beams trade.

He is a RESTRICTED free agent. Be very interesting if Adelaide choose to match any free agent offers and Dangerfield only has the option of going to GWS in the draft or staying.

In the meantime, the only version that makes any sense is 2, 3 and Toumpas for Danger and 9, or 5 and Aish in the Beams trade.
No club has ever matched a restricted free agent offer
You don't force players to stay!
Trade versions talked about on Bigfooty arnt exactly reliable either

No club has ever matched a restricted free agent offer
You don't force players to stay!
Trade versions talked about on Bigfooty arnt exactly reliable either

No one has matched a restricted YET. They do it all the time in the NBA.

What's the point of having restricted free agency if it's just free agency but a few years earlier?

Someone will eventually match. Considering Dangerfield will be one of the most valuable players in the comp, why do you assume they won't for him?

And risk passing him off? Didn't seem to damage the Swans and ROK.

No one has matched a restricted YET. They do it all the time in the NBA.

What's the point of having restricted free agency if it's just free agency but a few years earlier?

Someone will eventually match. Considering Dangerfield will be one of the most valuable players in the comp, why do you assume they won't for him?

And risk passing him off? Didn't seem to damage the Swans and ROK.
The Swans convinced ROK to stay
That's different to simply matching a free agency offer IMHO

If you convince Dangerfield to re-sign (and I can't see why you cant) then he'll stay

Well this comes from the club President. He may well be in talks about next year but the idea of retirement has been floated.

Nevertheless, that particular club is gonna be hiss home when he does retire.
Of course Caroline Springs FC would be chatting to him, he is there with his golf buggy most weeks, and he is the suburbs biggest known resident
Great promotion for the local side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back