Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong offer up $500k for Scott Selwood, that should net bad 2 compo. End of 1st round pick, early 20's. Trade that for Redden.

S.Selwood for Redden sounds like a pretty fair deal to an outsider.

That would be a good get for the Eagles. I would love to substitute Redden for Suban at Freo, but we have plenty of Midfield depth developing now. I personally hope he changes his mind and stays at the Lions.

Agree. Going a youth policy & starting a rebuild before you win a flag is a little premature. ;)
It would be revolutionary. Would trump even the Pies effort of doing it after a flag while they were still top 4!

Disagree completely.

Strengthening our midfield with a big bodied mid who win contested possessions both on the ground and in the air would help us a lot.
Don't mean to come across as a smart ass,but I watch a lot of Brisbane games and Redden offers next to nothing in the air. I also think the whole big bodied mid thing with Redden doesn't really represent the way he plays. One of my biggest gripes with Redden is that he lacks intensity. He does get a lot of tackles,but they're not what I'd often call ferocious. Comes across as a bit "aloof" or something.

Don't mean to come across as a smart ass,but I watch a lot of Brisbane games and Redden offers next to nothing in the air. I also think the whole big bodied mid thing with Redden doesn't really represent the way he plays. One of my biggest gripes with Redden is that he lacks intensity. He does get a lot of tackles,but they're not what I'd often call ferocious. Comes across as a bit "aloof" or something.
now your just underselling him.

Recruit of the year? Crisp has been a really good recruit, but was hardly a world beater at the Lions. Maybe it's your fantastic development at the Pies that have made him so good this season?

Everyone in the entire AFL would have rated Jack Redden above Jack Crisp at the end of last year. You must be Nostradamus if you thought otherwise.

You are blinded by ignorance on your evaluation of Jack Redden. During the 4 years from 2010-2013 he finished inside the Lions top 5 in the B&F.

Trying sarcasm to validate your point, makes you seem clueless. I look forward to your uneducated response. Note, i'm not a Lions supporter.

Ok I''m bored so I'll reply.

Of course I was being sarcastic, but I wasn't to validate anything. It's an opinion, no more no less. Last I heard this was called a "F.O.R.U.M."
On the other hand trying to curry favour in order to harvest likes from Lions supporters indicates a need for personal validation. Good for you. Did you enjoy your reward? (note, that last comment was sarcasm.)

Well you're asking a pretty stupid question because until its trade period and the club/Redden publicly says WE ARE TRADING REDDEN/TRADE ME NOW PLEASE the Media can state whatever the hell they want.
Does this count as Redden saying 'TRADE ME NOW PLEASE'?

The 24-year-old told News Ltd on Wednesday that he needed a new environment, as he believed his football had stagnated over the last two seasons.

"I just feel like my football has gone stale over the past two years and I need a fresh start," Redden said. "I feel like a fresh environment will help me get back to playing to my potential."

Redden spoke to coach Justin Leppitsch on Tuesday and he said it was a hard conversation to have.

"It was one of the toughest things I've had to do," Redden said. "I've got so many great friends at Brisbane and have built up a lot of great relationships over the years. I respect the footy club so much. That's why this is so hard."
I know you're an expert on these things so I just wanted to get your take on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why West Coast & not SA?

Too much competition for spots at Port & Adelaide? WA girlfriend?

He would rank 5th best mid at Eagles I would hazard a guess after Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Sheed?

Why West Coast & not SA?

He would rank 5th best mid at Eagles I would hazard a guess after Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Sheed?

Gaff?

For me Redden if on moderate coin as someone to replace Selwood and be in our 16-22 range - then sure

The lions would get band 2 compo next year, so they aren't going to let him go less than that

If we lose Selwood - then that compo should be the deal.

Gaff outside, Redden more inside, why I didn't include Gaff.

There seems to be the assumption by some Collingwood supporters that every player wants to be traded to them at all times. Redden re-signed with us mid last year. What makes you think he wanted to play for Collingwood at that stage? (let alone now).

This presumed assumption of yours doesn't have much substance. What the irony that most Collingwood bigfooty supporters on here agree on, is that Leppa actually went out of his way to tweet stating Reddo going no-where. There's about three ironies in that tweet and that's for you to work out, I can PM you one of those.

Truth is, Redden perhaps grew up hating Collingwood, given your obsessive dislike for our club I'm sure you could emphasize with such players. Truth is most Collingwood supporters are talking about 2 guys who want to come to our club this trade period, Treloar and Aish'O. He wants to play with his best mate Scharenberg'O;)

I reckon he's a pretty good player. If inside an inside mid was something we needed I'd be happy to pay pick 15-20 for him.

If I was Richmond I'd be going for him. Get him in there with Miles, then Martin/Cotchin can play more outside/up forward. Between that and the natural development of Lennon they won't rely on Deledio so much.

Why West Coast & not SA?

There's not usually speculation about a specific team if there hasn't been some contact there (though there's definitely plenty of cases to the contrary). I'd lean towards West Coast has contacted him, and probably offered him more money than Brisbane is - hence the discussions currently. That may change now that he's put himself on the market.

Gaff outside, Redden more inside, why I didn't include Gaff.
Yeah but Gaffs outside game has been taken to another level, like every game his getting 30+ touches and actually damaging teams with his skill. He would be ahead of Yeo in regards to midfield right now, and is a lot better player then Reddon, I shouldn't even be having this discussion. Yeo is still unproven there and been playing back all year because of our injuries.
Not sure I'd put him in the midfield yet.
Reddon would be far far down the peaking order.
Even Hutchings could be better.

Yeah coz you still owe us for Yeo.
That would mean Port Adelaide still owes us for Ebert. We will take ah chee for third rounder thanks.

That would mean that Carlton still owes us for Judd ... Um ... Wait there ... Forget I mentioned this one. Jedi mind tricks now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back