Opinion K Mart: red hot special - (Bucks on AFL360: "Kyle Martin is being upgraded this week")

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that PP. You know that nice big gap you left between the start of your post and the end of it. Well I thought there was going to be a picture there and I have been sitting here for the past 5min waiting for it to load.
Doh!
It was a picture, of Martin, suffering from over exposure.

So now with Maxwell retiring there can surely be no detrimental effect whatsoever is promoting him.

Unless another tall goes down a week later and we can't elevate Gault...

Not saying we shouldn't promote KMart, but I imagine this is the club's thinking.

Unless another tall goes down a week later and we can't elevate Gault...

Not saying we shouldn't promote KMart, but I imagine this is the club's thinking.

WIth respect Wooljay, that argument can no longer be relied upon. We had a free spot to elevate someone before Maxwell retired. Now we have 2 spots.

WIth respect Wooljay, that argument can no longer be relied upon. We had a free spot to elevate someone before Maxwell retired. Now we have 2 spots.

And there is still that mid-season upgrade slot still available as well. So, it's actually now 3 open slots.

But to entertain the argument, if we do somehow need the coverage, Gault can be elevated with room to spare for Martin (and Frost who will likely get one of these spots during the week, with Scharenberg due to commence in the VFL on Sunday)...

Don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't happen.

Spoke with my old coach who knows Kyle. His words "90% chance of being elevated and playing this week"

He also gave me the info on Kyle's debut last year before the teams were announced.

Hype level 9000 right now.

You've raised my hopes so high!

Hype level 9000 right now.

You've raised my hopes so high!
Excited-Buster-Bluth-Listening-to-George-Bluth-in-Prison.gif

Spoke with my old coach who knows Kyle. His words "90% chance of being elevated and playing this week"

He also gave me the info on Kyle's debut last year before the teams were announced.
We don't shoot messengers anymore (well, except for the Carlton coach, he still does).
We instead lock you in the basement of the Westpac Centre & only allow you out once your prediction comes true.
I actually 100% think you are on the money. It will happen.

And there is still that mid-season upgrade slot still available as well. So, it's actually now 3 open slots.

But to entertain the argument, if we do somehow need the coverage, Gault can be elevated with room to spare for Martin (and Frost who will likely get one of these spots during the week, with Scharenberg due to commence in the VFL on Sunday)...
Yes, we have 3 possible upgrades. Mid season plus Brown & Maxy.
Frost gets 1, with 2 open......until we upgrade Martin this week, then we still have 1 spare. :)

Blair needs to be dropped for Martin.
Ok, he was alright in 2010, but he has turned into a genuine disgrace:mad::mad::mad:.
The rest of the competition laugh at Blair for what he has become.
Surely now is a good time coming into the bye to drop Blair and give
Martin a crack.:):):):confused::):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the rookie update needs to be done by Tuesday evening or is it by Thursday evening. I remember reading somewhere that there is a cut of time during the week but can't remember when it was.

Well that settles it then. End of argument.
Next person who says he is leaving I am going to head them in your direction
I'm not going to say he's leaving because I have no idea but if he doesn't get a game soon then why wouldn't he leave. The guy's 24 and would need to impact somewhere soon otherwise career over. Another year on the Pies list and his worth to other clubs goes South. Starting to become the Rod Tidwell of AFL. Lets hope another Mcguire can help him.

Thanks for that PP. You know that nice big gap you left between the start of your post and the end of it. Well I thought there was going to be a picture there and I have been sitting here for the past 5min waiting for it to load.
Doh!

sorry mate lol

Does anyone know if the rookie update needs to be done by Tuesday evening or is it by Thursday evening. I remember reading somewhere that there is a cut of time during the week but can't remember when it was.
As long as they're elevated before the team is announced its fine afaik.

I'm not going to say he's leaving because I have no idea but if he doesn't get a game soon then why wouldn't he leave. The guy's 24 and would need to impact somewhere soon otherwise career over. Another year on the Pies list and his worth to other clubs goes South. Starting to become the Rod Tidwell of AFL. Lets hope another Mcguire can help him.
Absolutely. I wouldn't begrudge him leaving at all and wish him all the best and success at any club he did go to

Blair needs to be dropped for Martin.
Ok, he was alright in 2010, but he has turned into a genuine disgrace:mad::mad::mad:.
The rest of the competition laugh at Blair for what he has become.
Surely now is a good time coming into the bye to drop Blair and give
Martin a crack.:):):):confused::):)

No question that Blair has his limitations, but to suggest he is a genuine disgrace is shameful! You sir, are a disgrace for using such strong language to describe Blair. :mad::mad::mad:

I assume the paperwork should be lodged with the AFL prior to official team selection.
So assume by 5pm Thursday?
Technically our official team selection isn't till Friday this week, as the squad named on the Thursday can be changed at will before the Friday deadline.

As for Martin, I'll be genuinely shocked if he's promoted this week, I just think they had their chance the last few weeks and didn't pull the trigger, what's changed? Nothing really. In fact if anything the need for a half forward is even less this week with Elliott and Reid likely to return.

mccutchen.gif

No question that Blair has his limitations, but to suggest he is a genuine disgrace is shameful! You sir, are a disgrace for using such strong language to describe Blair. :mad::mad::mad:
Mate I would love it if Blair performed, but he has consistently let us down this year, what does
He add to the side? We are better off giving Martin a crack, Blair simply hasn't performed

Mate I would love it if Blair performed, but he has consistently let us down this year, what does
He add to the side? We are better off giving Martin a crack, Blair simply hasn't performed

I can't argue with anything you've written just now. In fact, I just about agree with you 100%. What I don't agree with is you calling Blair a disgrace, that's all. Martin comes into the team at the expense of Blair for mine. Blair will have to fight for his spot back via the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back