Opinion K Mart: red hot special - (Bucks on AFL360: "Kyle Martin is being upgraded this week")

Remove this Banner Ad

opinion - Kyle WILL be promoted and play this weekend!
I agree. I think it will happen in the next day or so. A player surely can't keep dominating in the VFL as much as he has, and still not get elevated/selected when the senior team is going poorly.

Would love to see him get a chance, if only to convince him to sign on again so we can go through all this s**t again next year.
Except we can't go through this again. 2 years is the max time allowed on the rookie list. We either upgrade him at the draft, or lose him. Fingers crossed it's the former.

This forum's going to become quite funny for a while if Martin does get promoted to the seniors and then plays like sh@t and gets dropped.

This forum's going to become quite funny for a while if Martin does get promoted to the seniors and then plays like sh@t and gets dropped.
Yep, that may well happen. However, at least he gets his chance, if he doesn't take it, then we can all collectively say "I knew that would happen".

Except we can't go through this again. 2 years is the max time allowed on the rookie list. We either upgrade him at the draft, or lose him. Fingers crossed it's the former.
3 years is now the limit. e.g. All 4 players on the Bulldogs Rookie List are in their 3rd year. Wanganeen (Hawthorn) is in his 4th year, having served the maximum 3 years, been taken off the list, then picked up again.

I agree. I think it will happen in the next day or so. A player surely can't keep dominating in the VFL as much as he has, and still not get elevated/selected when the senior team is going poorly.
The club trains tomorrow morning. Then they have 48 hours to lodge their final team list (Sunday game).
Although I would expect them to name Martin in the 25 man squad on Thursday, hence they upgrade him on Thursday afternoon.

I've lost confidence in Martin playing this year but i agree with most, its this week or he's gone.

Martin's worst could not possibly be any worse than Blair's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this could be the final nail in Buckley's coffin if KMart isnt in the team......
Yeah because promoting one average footballer or not is the difference between a coach getting sacked or not, oh yeah.:drunk::oops:

Keep your Buckley hate to the Buckley hate threads please.

Yeah because promoting one average footballer or not is the difference between a coach getting sacked or not, oh yeah.:drunk::oops:

Here fishy fishy fishy...

Here fishy fishy fishy...
I know, shouldn't have responded, I'm just sick of the Buckley haters, he will be coaching us next year, nothing is more certain.

I understand what you're saying but I'm not a Buckley hater. He was a great player. I think we all can agree that if we could just wind back time and reverse that terrible decision to change coaches then the last 3 years would have been so much better. I'm the first to want to see Bucks turn it around but he has to start making the right decisions about player choice...while I know you were just making a point, I think we all can agree that KMart is much more than average. Lets hope Bucks sees the light...

I know, shouldn't have responded, I'm just sick of the Buckley haters, he will be coaching us next year, nothing is more certain.

Yeah, he's contracted for next year (and a couple after that) and so long as the president is there, he'll more likely than not serve that contract out.

You don't have to be a Buckley hater to question him, though. And I think some serious scrutiny needs to come on the coach for the way the 2nd half of the season has unfolded.

Not promoting a rookie who is tearing it up in the VFL is not "the final nail in the coffin", but it does add to a list of misjudgements which is starting to grow uncomfortably, for mine...

He will more than likely be here next year but saying nothing is more certain would be naive. If we don't make the finals and the club doesn't like the direction we're heading in, then he wont be here next year.

He will more than likely be here next year but saying nothing is more certain would be naive. If we don't make the finals and the club doesn't like the direction we're heading in, then he wont be here next year.
Why would we do that?

We've taken a bit of a risk and committed to Buckley. We've undergone some pretty heavy list changes and taken the club in a bit of a different direction. What would be the sense in abandoning ship as soon as things look a little shaky?

It's a long-term investment and he won't be going anywhere before next year at the very earliest.

I understand what you're saying but I'm not a Buckley hater. He was a great player. I think we all can agree that if we could just wind back time and reverse that terrible decision to change coaches then the last 3 years would have been so much better. I'm the first to want to see Bucks turn it around but he has to start making the right decisions about player choice...while I know you were just making a point, I think we all can agree that KMart is much more than average. Lets hope Bucks sees the light...
I disagree entirely. MM was finished & we had to rebuild. We didn't bottom out like dogs & saints.
We are about where we should be, with upside over next 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back