Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2015 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small issue, but you have Jock Cornell being bid on in the 20's by Geelong and in the 30's by Hawthorn, and he is then selcted in the 60's.

Out of interest, has he climbed the rankings or dropped and for what reasons.

Small issue, but you have Jock Cornell being bid on in the 20's by Geelong and in the 30's by Hawthorn, and he is then selcted in the 60's.

Out of interest, has he climbed the rankings or dropped and for what reasons.

You're right and next update due to the bidding order I'll need to switch Himmelberg and Cornell.

Those GWS talents will receive some big bids with - Hopper, Kennedy, Cornell, Himmelberg. Flynn if nominated.

You're right and next update due to the bidding order I'll need to switch Himmelberg and Cornell.

Those GWS talents will receive some big bids with - Hopper, Kennedy, Cornell, Himmelberg. Flynn if nominated.

Flynn definitely nominated Knightmare.

Jock Cornell (Mangoplah), Nicholas Coughlan (Albury Tigers), Matthew Flynn (Narrandera), Harrison Himmelberg (Mangoplah), Jacob Hobber (North Ballarat Rebels), Jack Irvine (Temora), Matthew Kennedy (Collingullie) and Lachlan Tiziani (Albury) were all nominated under the provisions of the Club Academies Rule. - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-01/giants-academy-nominations-lodged#sthash.LCJgRUwu.dpuf

Flynn definitely nominated Knightmare.

Jock Cornell (Mangoplah), Nicholas Coughlan (Albury Tigers), Matthew Flynn (Narrandera), Harrison Himmelberg (Mangoplah), Jacob Hobber (North Ballarat Rebels), Jack Irvine (Temora), Matthew Kennedy (Collingullie) and Lachlan Tiziani (Albury) were all nominated under the provisions of the Club Academies Rule. - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-01/giants-academy-nominations-lodged#sthash.LCJgRUwu.dpuf

I'm talking more in terms of being selected by GWS.

GWS may only take Hopper, Kennedy, Himmelberg and Cornell. Flynn may/may not be selected on draft day by GWS.

Km when does the talent start to drop away in this draft? Around the 30 mark?
Also does it become tedious answering questions from people or do you enjoy it?

Km when does the talent start to drop away in this draft? Around the 30 mark?
Also does it become tedious answering questions from people or do you enjoy it?

After pick 10 there is a dip. After pick 20 a further dip. After pick 30 this draft is not appealing at all.

KM do you see Yestin Eades getting drafted in the main draft, or if not the rookie draft??

Eades is a chance but no guarantee in either draft.

Has terrific acceleration and can really take on the game with ball in hand.

Up to AFL clubs to decide if they like his talent and where they rate him v other alternatives.

After that first 30 selected. Consider the rest up in the air and in the mix without being certain to get selected.

Love your work Knighta! Are you heading to the combine at all? Or will you just look up the results?

I rate Eades higher than most and believe he will get drafted top 40.
He has a tendency to bomb away with his kicking when he needs to lower his eyes. His speed and lateral movement in first class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love your work Knighta! Are you heading to the combine at all? Or will you just look up the results?

I'll look at the results when they become available but not put a great deal of stock into it with my interest more in what they produce in game.

I'd love to be in clubland interviewing the prospective draftees. That and watching them interact would for me be the most valuable and insightful part.

Clubs will already known from past testings what these guys can all do. So there other than general improvements should be nothing particularly surprising.

I rate Eades higher than most and believe he will get drafted top 40.
He has a tendency to bomb away with his kicking when he needs to lower his eyes. His speed and lateral movement in first class

You're right on his pace and lateral movement. Even last season I loved the signs he showed with ball in hand and that sheer ability to take on the game and that's only continued this season.

Do you see Eades as having the ability in a forward pocket as a crumber/pressure forward? He likely has played there at times but have only personally seen him up the field. So I'd be interested to hear your take of what he can do closer to goal.

The other option with Eades I see is he could play up the field as a linebreaker. Maybe as something like a Nathan Wilson off half back.

You're right though, like so many at full pace. He just doesn't take that time to slow down to gain his balance and take the time to find or execute to the best target.

KM

What's your thought's on Harry McKay?

Appealing height, athleticism and late year birthday. Has shown signs of promise. Just yet to see him dominate to be convinced beyond doubt that I'd want to select him in the early portion of the draft.

Likely to go somewhere around the late first round range.

I'll look at the results when they become available but not put a great deal of stock into it with my interest more in what they produce in game.

I'd love to be in clubland interviewing the prospective draftees. That and watching them interact would for me be the most valuable and insightful part.

Clubs will already known from past testings what these guys can all do. So there other than general improvements should be nothing particularly surprising.

You're right on his pace and lateral movement. Even last season I loved the signs he showed with ball in hand and that sheer ability to take on the game and that's only continued this season.

Do you see Eades as having the ability in a forward pocket as a crumber/pressure forward? He likely has played there at times but have only personally seen him up the field. So I'd be interested to hear your take of what he can do closer to goal.

The other option with Eades I see is he could play up the field as a linebreaker. Maybe as something like a Nathan Wilson off half back.

You're right though, like so many at full pace. He just doesn't take that time to slow down to gain his balance and take the time to find or execute to the best target.
I haven't seen Eades play closer to goal more the high half forward role. Rioli had that role for the rebels this year. Eades strength is his line breaking runs from wing to. 60 metres out from goal. I haven't seen Eades play at half back either. Though he is pretty brave and a decent tackler so I don't see why he could not do it but it comes back to his kicking.
On another note how exciting did you think franks looked this year?
He plays rebels win i reckon.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Eades play closer to goal more the high half forward role. Rioli had that role for the rebels this year. Eades strength is his line breaking runs from wing to. 60 metres out from goal. I haven't seen Eades play at half back either. Though he is pretty brave and a decent tackler so I don't see why he could not do it but it comes back to his kicking.
On another note how exciting did you think franks looked this year?
He plays rebels win i reckon.

That's the role I've seen of Eades this year also as well as pushing through the midfield - not that he is suitable as an onballer at the next level. I'm looking at him the same way where it's all about finding a position where you can feed him and get him running with the ball. HF/Wing/HB all possibles.

I'm assuming you're talking about Ezekiel Frank? He looks good for next year. Long arms. Has that front half talent. Very draftable for next year. Like him early days.

Hey Knightmare,

Is there any reason for Jade Gresham progressively falling in your power rankings? I can recall a period when he was around the 15 mark, and now he's at 32. Is this because he hasn't impressed you or does it just have to do with others improving more? Especially in the last few rounds of the TAC Cup he was sensational and a real inspiration to his Knights team, getting them some handy wins towards the back end of the season.

Knightmare; any chance Callum Ah Chee slips to North Melb pick (say 15 or 16)? seems like the exact type of player we need in terms of pace and skills and all round flair.. what are your thoughts on this?
Cheers

Snoop Dog Skippos Chris25 Knightmare

After attending the WAFL GF and sitting near some scouts they were mainly interested in Yarran. Just wondering what your thoughts are on him? Where you see him going (team and pick round?)

Only got a state combine invite so maybe some not overly interested but 3/4 different team scouts were on saturday.

Also Boland from Subi what do you know about him sneaky late pick? Kicked 7 probably BOG i dont know who the award. Has had 3-4 big games in the back half of this season. I expect clubs may want to wait a year to see how he goes in a full season. Thoughts?

Apologies for not coming back earlier. I think in the right side Yarran would be an ideal pick. The right club would be in contention phase and looking for depth in a specific spot in much the same way Tigers went after someone like Lloyd. I think clubs would probably look at him as a 4 year prospect and hence any selection they use on him will be a low end and more likely rookie.

As you well know he has talent to burn and plays well in big game and am sure he would have no issue stepping up but it has to be in a strong side i think.

Boland no.

Hey Knightmare,

Is there any reason for Jade Gresham progressively falling in your power rankings? I can recall a period when he was around the 15 mark, and now he's at 32. Is this because he hasn't impressed you or does it just have to do with others improving more? Especially in the last few rounds of the TAC Cup he was sensational and a real inspiration to his Knights team, getting them some handy wins towards the back end of the season.

I've moved a large group of players down my power rankings with the view that basically that group I have in the top 15/16, I'm just not confident in the talents of those other projected first/second round types. I've since moved a group of overagers up who I have somewhat more confidence in based on standard of performance and what I feel are more AFL relevant games and that's mostly what has dragged Gresham down.

I agree that Gresham has been excellent for Northern. And that's exactly why I have him where I have him.

Knightmare; any chance Callum Ah Chee slips to North Melb pick (say 15 or 16)? seems like the exact type of player we need in terms of pace and skills and all round flair.. what are your thoughts on this?
Cheers

It's possible Ah Chee could be available at North Melbourne's first round selection. No certainty. But a 50/50 chance would be a reasonable guestimate.

He is a suitable positional and list fit. So he likely will be among those considered if available.

Just read last few pages and interesting read.

Few names not getting much of a mention that thought might have. Particularly those on the cusp of the 40 or so live selections that will take place this year. To be honest I reckon there might be fewer than 40 live selections (ie ex father son and Academy). The first 25 I reckon will be pretty obvious.....the last 15 a crap shoot.

Also predicting that PSD and rookie draft will probably have more selections than usual as well. Clubs wont want to clog senior lists this year. they will want as much flexibility goign into 2016 would be my thinking.

That's the role I've seen of Eades this year also as well as pushing through the midfield - not that he is suitable as an onballer at the next level. I'm looking at him the same way where it's all about finding a position where you can feed him and get him running with the ball. HF/Wing/HB all possibles.

I'm assuming you're talking about Ezekiel Frank? He looks good for next year. Long arms. Has that front half talent. Very draftable for next year. Like him early days.
Could be a very high pick next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back