Traded Lachie Henderson [traded to Geelong for 2016 first round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps, but how certain are you?

Do you think Henderson (a player who was dropped in a poorly performed team such as Carlton) is worth pick 8?

Alright, my mail is that he's not part of it.. Guess we'll wait and see, hey?
Your mail is correct, in that they want pick 8... my mail suggests they won't get it, so we'll see what happens. :thumbsu:

I have no info either way, but I would find it difficult to believe that Geelong would be silly enough to offer a 1st round pick of any persuasion (let alone the top 10 pick it will be this year) for Lachie Henderson. They are generally a pretty well run footy club who have had some measure of success in recent times lets not forget. They are not exactly in a desperate position with regards to their KPD'ers either. I would be staggered.
I put this down to wishful thinking from Carlton fans.

PS. Just a general question: All those posters who are claiming to have 'inside info' from 'reliable sources', if that 'info' is proven to be incorrect post the exchange period, will you no longer be trusting 'info' from this source and posting it as fact going forward?
I've had no reason to doubt anything my source has told me in the past.. He told me that awesome Dale Thomas deal weeks before it was known, Waite was leaving before it came out, Robinson/Garlett to be sent packing and more recently that Malthouse would be sacked the week that he was (it was happening whether he came out in the Media basically asking to be sacked or not) and that Bolton would be appointed prior to those stories being released. It won't be proven incorrect.

Your mail is correct, in that they want pick 8... my mail suggests they won't get it, so we'll see what happens. :thumbsu:
My mail isn't that they want pick 8, it's that they'll get it. The only way they don't get pick 8 is if it ends up being pick 7. Can't you read?

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this trade will piss me off.

I could cope with pick 7 for Henderson + pick 23 (roughly what it will be after compo picks). That will also give Adelaide less incentive to match an offer for Dangerfield should he choose to sign with us.

Do you think Henderson (a player who was dropped in a poorly performed team such as Carlton) is worth pick 8?

As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter what I think. Doesn't matter what you think he's worth either.

Trades are driven by relative value not some inherent worth of pick 8 or a 25 year old KPD.

You may as well say he's on to his third club as if that has any bearing on things.

But then if you read threads rather than leap in being rude and abusive you'd be across the discussion already. But hey let's not bother with any of that s**t. Let's just crap on with nothing constructive to add.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this trade will piss me off.

I could cope with pick 7 for Henderson + pick 23 (roughly what it will be after compo picks). That will also give Adelaide less incentive to match an offer for Dangerfield should he choose to sign with us.

I think it'll end up as

Hendo & pick 22 ish for 8 & 28

Anyone want to tell me where that places Hendo if this was some sort of equation?

My mail isn't that they want pick 8, it's that they'll get it. The only way they don't get pick 8 is if it ends up being pick 7. Can't you read?
No they won't. :D

If you had decent mail at Carlton, he'd also have told you that Carlisle is heading there in 2016. :thumbsu:

As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter what I think. Doesn't matter what you think he's worth either.

I'm well aware that it doesn't matter what either of us think... there's a difference though, I've been told we won't be departing with pick 8. :thumbsu:

But then if you read threads rather than leap in being rude and abusive you'd be across the discussion already. But hey let's not bother with any of that s**t. Let's just crap on with nothing constructive to add.
Rude? Abusive?

That's your delusion... now please show me where I was either.

Also please explain why I need to read the thread in its entirety to give an opinion. :thumbsu:

You're merely another club supporter who overrates their players and expects the world in return.

I think it'll end up as

Anyone want to tell me where that places Hendo if this was some sort of equation?

Under that scenario, Henderson is valued at 1383 points (pick 10).
Under my scenario (which assumes we get pick 7, and Carlton Throw in pick 22) Henderson is worth 799 points (pick 23)

I think 10 is way too high, while 23 if a touch low. About 1000 points is the value for mine (between pick 17 and 18).
Unfortunately, I think your scenario is how it will play out.

No they won't. :D

If you had decent mail at Carlton, he'd also have told you that Carlisle is heading there in 2016. :thumbsu:

I'm well aware that it doesn't matter what either of us think... there's a difference though, I've been told we won't be departing with pick 8. :thumbsu:

Also please explain why I need to read the thread in its entirety to give an opinion. :thumbsu:
I have great mail, he said he's pretty sure Carlisle is gone but doesn't yet know if it'll be to them or where. I assume you've got a good source at Carlton too then?

You'll be 'departing' with pick 8.

So is it your opinion or is it inside info? Can't be both mate.

You keep mentioning that he was dropped and leaving at that, implying it's relevant and due to form. He was dropped because he asked for a trade with weeks to go in the season as I'm sure you're aware. Implying otherwise isn't going to make everyone else suddenly unaware of the circumstances and go "oh yeah, he was dropped because he's a crap player!"

You keep mentioning that he was dropped and leaving at that, implying it's relevant and due to form. He was dropped because he asked for a trade with weeks to go in the season as I'm sure you're aware. Implying otherwise isn't going to make everyone else suddenly unaware of the circumstances and go "oh yeah, he was dropped because he's a crap player!"
John Barker clearly stated that Henderson was to be dropped before he informed Carlton he was out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't need to read the thread champ. That there is a fact. :thumbsu:

Both taking into account we're on an opinion site called BigFooty. :thumbsu:

So it goes from a fact to an opinion in as little as a page worth of posts and then it becomes both..

fact
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

When was it known or proven to be true? It can't be both your opinion and a fact mate. You're just hoping that you're not parting with pick 8 and pretending you know that you're not.

So it goes from a fact to an opinion in as little as a page worth of posts and then it becomes both..

fact
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

When was it known or proven to be true? It can't be both your opinion and a fact mate. You're just hoping that you're not parting with pick 8 and pretending you know that you're not.
2 different contexts champ. :thumbsu:

I think it'll end up as

Instead of this year's pick 8 do you think Carlton would consider Geelong's 2016 first rounder? Whilst still swapping 2015 2nd round picks

As a neutral I question why Geelong would want Hendo enough to part with pick 8. They've got enough talls for the backline especially with Kolodasnij emerging, the forward line is ok. I've got no doubt that Geelong want Henderson, just wondering if 8 is too much for them.

Instead of this year's pick 8 do you think Carlton would consider Geelong's 2016 first rounder? Whilst still swapping 2015 2nd round picks

As a neutral I question why Geelong would want Hendo enough to part with pick 8. They've got enough talls for the backline especially with Kolodasnij emerging, the forward line is ok. I've got no doubt that Geelong want Henderson, just wondering if 8 is too much for them.

Forget pick 8. It won't be part of a trade for Henderson without perhaps some other exchanging of picks or players.

I believe that's a contingency. Should 8 look too juicy, next years 1st rounder may be on the table. Essentially the same deal but with part deferred.

Geelong would back themselves to shoot back up the ladder making the trade better value for them, ie they get 8, Henderson and 23 now. Give up 28 in this draft and say 16 next year.

May suit Carlton too if reports about 2016 draft are true.

Yep let's believe that.
So he did or didn't say it?

Henderson himself said his form wasn't good enough... hardly pick 8 worthy wouldn't you think.

Now this is what I think will happen. (note: this is purely opinion)

Geelong will split their round 8 pick into 2 late first rounders and hand one of those to Carlton.

I believe that's a contingency. Should 8 look too juicy, next years 1st rounder may be on the table. Essentially the same deal but with part deferred.

Geelong would back themselves to shoot back up the ladder making the trade better value for them, ie they get 8, Henderson and 23 now. Give up 28 in this draft and say 16 next year.

May suit Carlton too if reports about 2016 draft are true.

Exactly - I really don't think this years pick 8 would be considered by Geelong. And if the Cats stagnate in 2016 it'll be a double bonus for you. My other worry is that Henderson isn't as durable as I perceived he would be. I read somewhere that he hasn't played more than 20 games a year.

Henderson himself said his form wasn't good enough... hardly pick 8 worthy wouldn't you think.

Geelong will split their round 8 pick into 2 late first rounders and hand one of those to Carlton.

Yep let's believe every public utterance from a coach. (Provided it supports your view)

Yep let's believe every public utterance from a coach. (Provided it supports your view)
Let's ignore every public utterance from a coach provided it supports your view... works both ways.

We can only take Barker at his word, and that word indicates Henderson isn't worth pick 8 whether you like to believe he is or not. :thumbsu:

I'm still waiting for a response as to when I was 'rude and abusive.'

I remember when GAJ's form wasn't great also...

It's not about what you or I think as supporters, it's what the club believes will give them the ultimate success.

Geelong may have dropped off but they are not in rebuild mode. Especially if Danger, selwood and Hendo come across. I'd expect you to play finals next year if all goes well.

I remember when GAJ's form wasn't great also...

It's not about what you or I think as supporters, it's what the club believes will give them the ultimate success.

Geelong may have dropped off but they are not in rebuild mode. Especially if Danger, selwood and Hendo come across. I'd expect you to play finals next year if all goes well.
Did you just compare Henderson to the greatest midfielder of all time? :eek:

Ablett Jnr kicked 44 goals in his last year at Geelong... I'd say his form was pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back