NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Should they have let him play all year without training and committing like the rest of the playing group?

If you want to have long term success, you have to make tough calls and Waz and the Executive/Coaches should be commended.
Dozens of volunteers put in countless hours to run clubs so it's reasonable to expect well remunerated players to meet at least minimum standards
It's annoying when people from the bleachers claim it only local stuff and thus paid players can frig around without consequences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, good to see the group won’t stand for posts like above.

Secondly, Footy related, something to ponder for bergs/Dogs Flag winner for those who think dogs might be on shaky ground.

Amount of times the name Smith , Wilson or Gilmore appeared in the best last year for bergs. 32!! 2 of them are no longer at the club.

Now maybe Wilson plays half the games for bergs subject to VFL, maybe even plays all games but please tell me how the other two thirds of that hole is filled or more to the point any better off than North being without Maj.

Don’t change those predictions too quickly ladies and gents. 🐶

Firstly, good to see the group won’t stand for posts like above.

Secondly, Footy related, something to ponder for bergs/Dogs Flag winner for those who think dogs might be on shaky ground.

Amount of times the name Smith , Wilson or Gilmore appeared in the best last year for bergs. 32!! 2 of them are no longer at the club.

Now maybe Wilson plays half the games for bergs subject to VFL, maybe even plays all games but please tell me how the other two thirds of that hole is filled or more to the point any better off than North being without Maj.

Don’t change those predictions too quickly ladies and gents. 🐶
Heidelberg won the grand final. North lost the prelim by 87 points.

Fair to say there is some ground to be made up

Heidelberg won the grand final. North lost the prelim by 87 points.

Fair to say there is some ground to be made u

Of course , but don’t let a really off day from the dogs sway you so much. You seem a bit hung up on that prelim. The best part is all the speculation goes away in two weeks and the predictions will either fall on their face or come true. I am happy to stay with the dogs.

Of course , but don’t let a really off day from the dogs sway you so much. You seem a bit hung up on that prelim. The best part is all the speculation goes away in two weeks and the predictions will either fall on their face or come true. I am happy to stay with the dogs.
I’ve not been swayed by anything. Heidelberg comfortably the best side last year and I can’t see that changing. Excellent depth from the twos holds them in great shape

I’ve not been swayed by anything. Heidelberg comfortably the best side last year and I can’t see that changing. Excellent depth from the twos holds them in great shape
You’ve obviously seen the replacements of Gilmore and smith that others haven’t. Must be some seriously undervalued reserve players filling those shoes..

Dogs additions have been more than handy. Look forward to seeing where it sits in 3 months time.

You’ve obviously seen the replacements of Gilmore and smith that others haven’t. Must be some seriously undervalued reserve players filling those shoes..

Dogs additions have been more than handy. Look forward to seeing where it sits in 3 months time.
Dogs lost three of their best five in Hogan and Baddley-Kelly and now Majak. You seem to conveniently forget that!

Anyway, we look like being in for a great season. Monty and Hurstbridge will be strong also

Last edited:
Dogs lost three of their best five in Hogan and Baddley-Kelly and now Majak. You seem to conveniently forget that!

Anyway, we look like being in for a great season. Monty and Hurstbridge will be strong also

Certainly haven’t forgotten our outs. Think we’ve got them covered that’s all. Robust discussion good to see!

And yes, it’s going to be a great year for top 5 battles.

Gilmores loss has be softened massively with Daw, Shepard and Wale Buxton departing.

Gilmores loss has be softened massively with Daw, Shepard and Wale Buxton departing.

Possibly but his intercept and tap work was crucial imo.

Mont are definitely going to feel it without LWB. Was there any chance that he was actually going to return to Mont? saw that “rumour “ a few posts back.

Should be interesting, as perceptually I'd think North's midfield would have had an advantage with those Heidelberg outs.

Daw was in the best for Norths finals against Hursty, Mont, then Bundy.

Kicked 4 against Hursty, 6 against Mont, and 2 out of their 6 against Bundy, who will honestly replace that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back