NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly but his intercept and tap work was crucial imo.

Mont are definitely going to feel it without LWB. Was there any chance that he was actually going to return to Mont? saw that “rumour “ a few posts back.
I asked on the MPFNL chat and they said he played in a praccy?

Be nice if the league updated clearances

Marquee player with probably a busier schedule than most, country players don’t even train always same thing
Busier based on?
Country players certainly do train.
He's put his hand out for pretty good coin, the least he can do is show up a couple of nights a week.
Credit to the club for making the tough call.

No doubt his presence was huge but we would have won both those first two finals without him. Assume you’re with the tigers to salute?
Nope, I've got North finishing top of ladder, but predicted Mont to win the flag.

If you're referring to round 1 then I have NFI now with Daw out and that's what will make it a great first up game to watch.

I think no Buxton will hurt, but with Gilmore, Shep and now Daw out I'm not sure of the impact against Mont. Although I don't know who Mont's ruck will be, so that's a wait and see. Honeychurch out, but replaced with Holmes is decent.

Heidelberg lost a couple, as you've said.

Hopefully makes for a competitive and fun season.

I think it’s a good decision by North in regard to setting the right standards for their club. Takes big balls to do that in my opinion. Good on them.

Big losses for NH and Heidelberg but still have them 1 and 2. Seemed to play a good system last season and have retained their coaches - I think that holds up better than star power (though they have that too.)

I absolutely agree with the decision by North. For many a year some big name players at clubs have run there own race.

But surely North supporters have to agree it’s a huge loss. It’s 60 goals a year out the door. If it wasn’t for him against Bundoora in the prelim they would have lost by 150 points.

I still have them top 5, but not as bullish when you lose that much quality.

That Eltham side is alot weaker than last year.
No Maley, Goodwin, Horsefield, Woods, Owen, Weatherald, Merkel and obviously Bongetti isn't playing anymore.
Greensborough should take care of business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Eltham side is alot weaker than last year.
No Maley, Goodwin, Horsefield, Woods, Owen, Weatherald, Merkel and obviously Bongetti isn't playing anymore.
Greensborough should take care of business.
Collins, Quaynor, Marchbank, Glasgow look to all come in who didn’t play last year.

While arguably not as strong it’s probably provided some opportunities for their younger players

Certainly haven’t forgotten our outs. Think we’ve got them covered that’s all. Robust discussion good to see!

And yes, it’s going to be a great year for top 5 battles.
From what I saw in your reserves last year, you want to hope you recruited well because that's some massive talent that has walked from the Doggies.

SWOOPINGTIME

Unfortunately couldn’t get things together which happens. Minimal training. If he gets sorted, that’s the main thing and maybe kicks a few snags at ** **. ( I’ll leave the new club to post their announcement 😏Players move on. Clubs move on. All the best to him. He’s a decent person regardless of footy stuff.

I’ll tip Greensborough but early rounds could be a lottery . Good luck to all for season ahead. 🐶
joining his brothers club ?

Had a look at Eltham vs Boro.

Eltham took a bit to adjust to the level and basically shell shocked before they steadied with a 50 meter penalty and goal from Bryon.

Eltham far from disgraced and Boro far from this years premiers.

I’d have thought Eltham would be happy with the effort especially for many playing their first D1 game. Boro is a tough ground to play, Panther place may have seen a closer result. Jack Johnson would genuinely have leather poisoning? Would have taken 20+ marks.

Pretty uneventful game really.

Eltham took a bit to adjust to the level and basically shell shocked before they steadied with a 50 meter penalty and goal from Bryon.

I’d have thought Eltham would be happy with the effort especially for many playing their first D1 game. Boro is a tough ground to play, Panther place may have seen a closer result. Jack Johnson would genuinely have leather poisoning? Would have taken 20+ marks.

If boro kicked straight would have been 75+

Panther are lucky Macleod are in trouble.

Yeah after the first 10 minutes Eltham were competitive and had some purple patches when they looked quite good.
They ran out of legs about halfway through the third quarter as brave as they were.
Boro looked in control without being great

Really? 34 scoring shots to 15 ....totally dominated ask anyone there including Eltham coaching staff
Not sure what you were looking at?

By the way who said Boro were premiers material ?

5th to 7th is what you experts think . Lets see what happens

Eltham are ok...will go ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back