NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Share yours giggly denny crane and we can compare at years end

Settle petal. I actually have no idea and think it's going to be a classic year in Div 2. I will have a crack though I suppose, look forward to the exciting share at the end of the year to see who wins.....:sleeping::

Demons
Eagles
Burra
Lions
Bears from Main Rd
Bears from Para Rd
Saints
Redbacks
Cougers
Power

Seymour 106 Northcote Park 46
Seymour played Nagambie in the 2’s
Any one from the Cougars now why there 2’s didn’t play
Whittlesea beat Old Carey 6-21-57 to 5-7-37
NP in serious trouble,
Only 36 confirmed players at this stage and worries they won’t be able to field a reserves. If that’s the case they will fold and can’t see a way back from that after a year off. Sad

Ladder predictions

1. Diamond Creek
2. Sth Morang
3. Whittlesea
4. St Marys
5. Thomastown
6. Laurimar
7. Watsonia
8. Panton Hill
9. Lower Plenty
10. Northcote Park

Similar to division 1 I think top 3 have a bit of a margin over 4th in St Marys

5th will be out of Thomastown, Lauirmar and Watsonia, have Thomastown just in 5th but as Sth Morang showed last year, Lauimar could be a surprise packet. Watsonia will slip with some significant losses especially in the front half

Panton Hill in 8th, not sure they have made any improvement.

9th and 10th could easily swap but will go with Lower Plenty in 9th, only due to lack of depth at Northcote Park

Grand final:: Diamond Creek vs Whittlesea
Premiers: Whittlesea
Relegated: Northcote Park

30 players short, Thats obscene. Did the Nfnl change the bench to 15 players in the reserves and seniors or did you fail maths?
You want around 60-65 players for 2 sides.

Go look at team lists most have that.

1. Diamond Creek
2. Whittlesea
3. South Morang
4. Thomastown
5. St Mary's
6. Laurimar
7. Lower Plenty
8. Watsonia
9. Panton Hill
10. Northcote Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a very open 2024 coming. I can’t go past Whittlesea, as they just seem to do it every few years.
South Morang look to have recruited very well and wouldn’t surprise me if they play off in a Grand Final.

Whittlesea - premiers
South Morang
Diamond Creek
St Marys
Thomastown

Panton Hill
Lower Plenty
Laurimar
Northcote Park
Watsonia

If the eagles did Salute for the flag, which many have tipped, surely they have to put a stack more planning/process when going again into Div 1? Seems a pattern of win it/drop down. Someone said to me last year, “some clubs just enjoy being div 2 clubs”

Theres no shame in that either. For a some what borderline regional club, Players , sponsors, and supporters want to come to games with a 50/50 chance of a win. Not blown apart by half time week to week. Thoughts eagles fans?

Prime Train to play for the Red Backs round 2. Would anyone go out of their way to watch this bloke?
He has an audience which is not blokes sitting on bigfooty discussing NFNL - it's kids on TikTok.

If he can make a few bucks, and the club make a few bucks, then it's a good result for everyone. Had a mate on Phillip Island yesterday and reckons there was definitely plenty of people there to see him.

He has an audience which is not blokes sitting on bigfooty discussing NFNL - it's kids on TikTok.

If he can make a few bucks, and the club make a few bucks, then it's a good result for everyone. Had a mate on Phillip Island yesterday and reckons there was definitely plenty of people there to see him.
Waste of space this bloke small ground will find him wanting he needs a big ground so he can hide in the open spaces

Remove this Banner Ad

Back