NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

South Morang look super strong today ! Some key players out ! Playing with minimal points and looking the goods ! Can they take it all the way ?

Brutal what was the melee like at the game. Heard nothing here until at a cafe this morning I have heard a whisper the NFNL have decided it is too hard to make a decision on who was in there and handed out a yellow card to nearly every player in the vicinity of the melee, including the semi-conscious player who could not move and the reason it started?

Does anyone know the record number of yellow cards handed out in a game? If this is true it could be a record.

Also, if true is this going to be the way forward live? Can anyone imagine an Ump standing there pointing to the bench and sending off 20 players? It could stop future melees I suppose but I am sure we need a minimum on the ground to play so raises a conundrum.

Melees are not great but in the heat of a game a scuffle happens, yellows should be for those coming in and joining from afar (thus creating the melee) and those that go overboard (other reportable incidents). A blanket yellowfest will be an interesting move ahead.

Brutal what was the melee like at the game. Heard nothing here until at a cafe this morning I have heard a whisper the NFNL have decided it is too hard to make a decision on who was in there and handed out a yellow card to nearly every player in the vicinity of the melee, including the semi-conscious player who could not move and the reason it started?

Does anyone know the record number of yellow cards handed out in a game? If this is true it could be a record.

Also, if true is this going to be the way forward live? Can anyone imagine an Ump standing there pointing to the bench and sending off 20 players? It could stop future melees I suppose but I am sure we need a minimum on the ground to play so raises a conundrum.

Melees are not great but in the heat of a game a scuffle happens, yellows should be for those coming in and joining from afar (thus creating the melee) and those that go overboard (other reportable incidents). A blanket yellowfest will be an interesting move ahead.
Any footage?

this must be the reason why the clowns cant get the junior fixture out for this weekend.
Seriously, even Fuhrer Macdougall was more organised than this!

this must be the reason why the clowns cant get the junior fixture out for this weekend.
Seriously, even Fuhrer Macdougall was more organised than this!
Apparently a bunch of teams withdrawing across the comp has caused the delay in the release of the junior fixture. Ridiculous that at 3:30 on a Tuesday the fixture for the coming Sunday is not available

It’s not that ridiculous if a bunch of teams have withdrawn?
Yeah, not meant to be a criticism of the league, their hands are obviously tied on this one, I'm more meaning its ridiculous that we aren't able to have a fixture by now as teams are withdrawing after just 2 rounds!

To provide some context, I know there were a couple of junior clubs who pushed and entered extra teams in a couple of age groups, knowing they had little margin for error with player numbers (or not quite enough numbers in the first place) but were hoping they would be ok come the start of games. Im assuming these are the teams that are being withdrawn and causing the fixture issues?

It’s not that ridiculous if a bunch of teams have withdrawn?
Absolute rubbish.
Name the teams that have pulled out!
I’ve looked at a lot of divisions and not many have changed.
It’s supposed to be grading, it’s more like woke crap🤦🏼‍♂️.At least it used to be grading. Have a look at the amount of 1 sided games. The removal of the % column has really fixed that hasn’t it.

Absolute rubbish.
It’s supposed to be grading, it’s more like woke crap🤦🏼‍♂️.At least it used to be grading. Have a look at the amount of 1 sided games. The removal of the % column has really fixed that hasn’t it.
They should get you to do it then seeing you know everything!

Absolute rubbish.
In relation to the fixture, I heard it from someone connected to the umpires. They got told in an email from the umps boss that they wouldn't find out which junior games they were umpiring until late in the week (they usually get told on Tuesdays) due to the "rearranging and regrading" of junior fixtures because teams had dropped out in some comps

Back