NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting reading everyone's thoughts on the NFNL and struggling clubs.

Benny I'd love to see you head of the NFNL the competition would be strong and viable with some direction for the future.

Tips for this week.
Turtles by 225 points

Mernda 140 points

GOOD SIDES DONT LOSE AT HOME

Laurimar at home 26 points

South Morang at home 19 points

Benny I'd love to see you head of the NFNL the competition would be strong and viable with some direction for the future.

Tips for this week.
Turtles by 225 points

Mernda 140 points

Looks like Ryall is out again? Big loss. Any word on his injury

Works for some clubs. Doesn’t work for others.

Junior football certaintly needs a boost in all suburbs. Eltham Research and Yarrambat required a 3 way merge to get a 17s on the park the other season, I couldn’t fathom that 10 years ago.
I played with Panthers as a kid, unfathomable they wouldn't have enough players to field a 17s side!

Research has been stuffed for a long time but it's a smaller area with fewer schools/kids.

Tips for this week.
Turtles by 225 points

Mernda 140 points

South Morang at home 19

Tips for this week.
Turtles by 225 points

Mernda 140 points

The league needs someone who’s passionate about the competition and the people within… I’m not sure that’s high on the priority list (in the football department - Delwyn does an amazing job with Netball and SURPRISE SURPRISE she has been around the league as long as many of us have been)

Didn’t you start Auskick when you were involved? Still going or lost traction?

Maybe the AFL need to employ league ambassadors in areas of low numbers to actually run Auskick?
There was a complete plan surrounding growth, development, schools etc… Then COVID hit in 2020 (I left in 2019).

I’m not sure it’s been a focus since.

The AFL do employe Development Managers ……. Hmmm 🤔

They seriously just need to listen to people

Solid round of football coming up.

Lalor v Turtles - Turtles 200+ 4 in a row with reservoir to come next week they are having a good start as many expected.

Power v West - Power will look to bounce back to keep in touch with a top 2 finish. A loss here for West will put them quite a way behind the 8 ball. I expect Laurimar to win 13 points

South V Blues - South haven’t put a foot wrong but had a very easy start with Kilmore, Turtles and Laurimar to come. Kilmore can win this. Blues by 12

Mernda Vs Reservoir - a couple of wins on the trot will paper over the cracks for a while. Should win easily 100 points

Round 5 of Division 3 footy and a bit of a split in the ladder after 4 rounds.

Lalor (8th 0-4) vs Old Eltham (4th 3-1) Another tough day last week for the Bloods going down to previous winless Mernda by 130 points. Another 7 changes this week makes it hard to build consistency and they face a super confident Old Eltham who go to Sydney Cres on a high after beating Laurimar last week. The turtles will be looking for a % booster to try and move into 2nd spot and if games go their way, they could find themselves a game clear in 2nd as well. Turtles by 157 points.

Laurimar (2nd 3-1) vs Heidelberg West (5th 1-3) The power dropped first game last week after not scoring in the last quarter and will enjoy being back on their home deck. Andrews has been a great recruit and will look to use his class and ball use to help set up the Laurimar forwards. For the Hawks they lose Chiminello and Mozdzierz who are big outs. It’s an early season must win for the hawks as they drop this game, they will be 2 games out of top 4 and 3 games from top 2. Power at home by 19 points.

Match of the day see Sth Morang (1st 4-0) vs Kilmore (3rd 3-1). The lions have had 2 very easy wins over last 2 weeks so is it a good lead in to this game. They lose Failla and Stefanile while the blues welcome back Ryall but the big out is Taylor-Egan who is leading coaches award voting. Big test for both teams but can’t go past Lions at home by 29 points.

Mernda (6th 1-3) vs Reservoir (7th 1-3). The demons opened their account with a big 130 point win last week, while the Reservoir boys had a day to forget, not troubling the scorers against Sth Morang. The demons welcome back Delaney and Bongetti. Mernda to win, but let’s hope Reservoir hit the scoreboard and be competitive this week. Mernda by 109 points.

Enjoy the footy

Points ladder for this round
Old Eltham 40
Heidelberg West 37
Lalor 33
Reservoir 33
Laurimar 29
Mernda 29
Sth Morang 27
Kilmore 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid round of football coming up.

Lalor v Turtles - Turtles 200+ 4 in a row with reservoir to come next week they are having a good start as many expected.

Power v West - Power will look to bounce back to keep in touch with a top 2 finish. A loss here for West will put them quite a way behind the 8 ball. I expect Laurimar to win 13 points

South V Blues - South haven’t put a foot wrong but had a very easy start with Kilmore, Turtles and Laurimar to come. Kilmore can win this. Blues by 12

Mernda Vs Reservoir - a couple of wins on the trot will paper over the cracks for a while. Should win easily 100 points
4/4 South’s first real challenge and they fall over. Great win Kilmore (I know south we’re missing some like both side were)

4/4 South’s first real challenge and they fall over. Great win Kilmore (I know south we’re missing some like both side were)
Fair play to Kilmore, beating Morang at Morang, hasn't happened very often over the last few years. But give me a spell, fell over? At least 7 of their best 22 out. Looking forward to their next meeting, hopefully both full strength and we get a better picture.

Fair play to Kilmore, beating Morang at Morang, hasn't happened very often over the last few years. But give me a spell, fell over? At least 7 of their best 22 out. Looking forward to their next meeting, hopefully both full strength and we get a better picture.
Were they out injured or in iso?

Kilmore had a few out also. That’s 2022 though. All teams are going to miss key players

Players used
Lalor 40
Turtles 28
Laurimar 27
HW 35
Morang 30
Kilmore 28
Mernda 33
Reservoir 31

Keep your best players on the park

Turtles/Bloods reserves game called off at halftime. Lalor started with only 15 players then 2 injuries apparently. Turtles up 126-0.

Seniors game brought forward half an hour.
We are 5 games in and they’ve failed to finish 3 games. Feel for them but it’s not fair to the other blokes who have given up their Saturday expecting a game. League need to call it

Over the next 2 weeks , everyone will have played each other once.
Maybe after this time , going fwd, games against both Reza & Lalor are just for the 4 points & % isn’t counted.
The fear is one of these sides may not see the season out , with their current situation.
if things did go pear shaped & a club shuts the doors , at least the remaining ‘missed fixtured’ (Wether that be in 4-5-8 weeks time) games will just be 4 points given.
Terrible situation for both clubs atm & wish they both well.

Over the next 2 weeks , everyone will have played each other once.
Maybe after this time , going fwd, games against both Reza & Lalor are just for the 4 points & % isn’t counted.
The fear is one of these sides may not see the season out , with their current situation.
if things did go pear shaped & a club shuts the doors , at least the remaining ‘missed fixtured’ (Wether that be in 4-5-8 weeks time) games will just be 4 points given.
Terrible situation for both clubs atm & wish they both well.
Surely they’ll see senior football out?

The leagues made a huge mistake. Absolute nothing separating the best sides.

Kilmore have 2 games extra against Ressa and Lalor than South does.

That’s around 450 for, 20 against.

Should have been 14 games and that’s it especially post Covid when most sides are struggling with numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back