Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Carlton's fans continue to give the club the cold shoulder, it has turned to the AFL for help with its 2015 membership drive – a campaign the new CEO concedes was mismanaged around Christmas and has since been partly outsourced.

Unwilling – just four weeks from the Blues' season-opening blockbuster against Richmond – to set a member target for this year, club boss Steven Trigg said his concern about what was "clearly a major challenge for us" led him to seek AFL assistance in January.

This followed Trigg learning that for a period last December Carlton did not have enough people working on membership – a scenario that saw the club miss phone calls and lose renewals through a problematic website.

After setting a club record two years ago in exceeding 50,000 members, the Blues' membership tally was 36,744 as of Wednesday.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...-membership-drive-stalls-20150304-13v99e.html

yeah but this isn't about women.. I agree homophobia has no place in sport but does that mean we need to stage a gay pride match? like I said neither really have a place in footy, it's just a platform to promote this.

Carlton's drop in membership numbers isn't really a surprise, even if it is funny that it's happening on Trigg's watch. The wave of optimism that Malthouse brought has now been replaced by the grim reality that their team is s**t. Good players have left/been booted out, Judd is on his last legs, Kreuzer is always injured. There's not much to look forward to.

I never understood Carlton myself, they are like Richmond always "almost" between 12-6

But never quite getting there and like the Crows they have some insane fear of playing the kids and rebuilding like the second they do its club folding time.

I never understood Carlton myself, they are like Richmond always "almost" between 12-6

But never quite getting there and like the Crows they have some insane fear of playing the kids and rebuilding like the second they do its club folding time.

Malthouse is particularly at fault here. He's on record as being a subscriber to the idea of not exposing young players too soon. He likes to blood them, give them a little taste, then send them back down for the rest of the year. Graham Cornes goes on and on about this being the right way to do it also. Dinosaurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I post on the Bay a bit (I probably rib Port more than any other team on there tbh) so I'm not going to act like I'm better then it (I like dribbling nonsense) but probably the key criticism I have with the Bay is the insults about homosexuality n s**t. Its sometimes hard to tell if people are dropping insults about being gay in jest or if they're genuinely homophobic, and even if I can't distinguish between the two, I still think its pretty tactless.
It's hard to distinguish between insult and fun on text (any medium) which is one of the reasons I don't post on the bay anymore.

good lord...KISS could be playing at the AFL Grand Final, hopefully their set is the worst thing we endure that day :p

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rform-at-afl-grand-final-20150305-13vph3.html

Seriously?

There's no pleasing some people.

We get international acts, and they have an off day, all of sudden we have to put a mark through anything not from Australia.

We get local acts, it's ******* boring triple J style that really isn't appropriate in the build up to a huge sporting event.

We go back to international, one of the most iconic groups of the since colour TV, and then they still cop it?

What do you people want? Honestly?

I don't think anyone on the bay is seriously homophobic. The GD however... I don't know how Stratton gun hasn't been banned. I took him to task a few nights ago, checked the next morning and it was all deleted, but still no suspensions.

I think Kiss would put on a good show. Let's not forget the snore fest of temper trap and meatloaf over these last few years
Temper trap were ok.Not really heavy stuff though.As for mealtloaf.Demetriou was the only one that loved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back