Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
11813486_10153086347981417_3433992764791010663_n.jpg

Robbie Gray's 37 disposals and a goal misses out.

What's the big deal, really? Only one demographic is represented in terms of AFL players, coaches and administration. If it enables groups outside of this to feel a bit more included, isn't an easily-ignorable themed round a pretty easy way of doing it?

If that's the biggest thing that gets you fired up, we must have it pretty good.

Easily ignorable lol I'd say 90% of people go to the football to watch football not get a soviet era re-education on the issue of the week.

Easily ignorable lol I'd say 90% of people go to the football to watch football not get a soviet era re-education on the issue of the week.
Ah, the faux outrage has arrived.

where's the outrage? How many people do you think go to the football each weekend and are happy to be told the correct way to think on a new topic each week? Most couldn't give a flying **** and just want to watch football.
Exactly, then why is it an issue? That's what makes it 'faux'.

where's the outrage? How many people do you think go to the football each weekend and are happy to be told the correct way to think on a new topic each week? Most couldn't give a flying **** and just want to watch football.
If most couldn't give a flying * why are we discussing it? Shouldn't be an issue if nobody cares.

If most couldn't give a flying **** why are we discussing it? Shouldn't be an issue if nobody cares.

No but the thing is some of the topics and people / cultures represented should be cared about and should be talked about. byut the fact the AFL has so many 'special rounds' makes them so less special and people going meh about them and not giving a s**t. its the reverse of whats trying to be done.

Instead of a once in a few years and not a round every week for something different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dunno but is it just me or is footy trying or getting to political these days? Its just a sport for entertainment keep it that way!
Over aboriginal round, gay round, women round every year etc etc etc Sick of hearing and seeing the goodes thing now. its done lets move on and play football
Just play football!
Sells more jumpers. We have the aboriginal ones already, the clubs could do a different one for every themed round. They'd want to do a limited edition to make it seem more attractive and also because there would be a finite number of people who'd buy a new jumper to celebrate one round. I'd buy that multicultural one if they were selling it; although I just rang the Port store and they don't think it is being sold but the girl will ring me back. I expect they'll auction off the match-worn jumpers.

Yep, because everyone's just been of their seat with distress during these rounds. Do we even have them at Port games? Aren't they more standalone? Such a non-issue for adult humans to throw a tanty about.

No but the thing is some of the topics and people / cultures represented should be cared about and should be talked about. byut the fact the AFL has so many 'special rounds' makes them so less special and people going meh about them and not giving a s**t. its the reverse of whats trying to be done.

Instead of a once in a few years and not a round every week for something different
Why does it matter though? How does it affect your viewing experience?

Why does it matter though? How does it affect your viewing experience?

Only because i feel that some of the issues are issues and its good to be addressed but there is so many different things every roiund that people just dont care about it any more.

Even to the stage of last weekend at the game. having Wangas, pickett and Winmar should have been a huge deal. but you could hear people saying things like is this still going on. let it die already etc etc etc

You missed the bit about the soviet re-education that the AFL runs, it is not appreciated.
So are you ignoring it or does it matter? I can't tell.

Soviet re-education? LOL!

Only because i feel that some of the issues are issues and its good to be addressed but there is so many different things every roiund that people just dont care about it any more.

Even to the stage of last weekend at the game. having Wangas, pickett and Winmar should have been a huge deal. but you could hear people saying things like is this still going on. let it die already etc etc etc
If people don't care that is their problem. However these rounds are there to give them recognition, to let them know that they are part of the footballing community. 4 or 5 rounds recognising a particular demographic in a 23 round season isn't going to do any harm to anyone.

That's exactly why it's needed.
White middle class males don't like being told that they need to think of others occasionally.

What the afl are doing is the equivilant of spoiling your misses. Give her flowers all the time and it loses impact, but give her flowers once a year at the right time and it effects them greatly.

Too much of a good thing is still too much, and i fear the messages are being lost. Especially when one round you have indigenous round, then the next you have ******* "red round" for red heads. It just makes the whole "x round" thing seem like a token thing.

What the afl are doing is the equivilant of spoiling your misses. Give her flowers all the time and it loses impact, but give her flowers once a year at the right time and it effects them greatly.

Too much of a good thing is still too much, and i fear the messages are being lost. Especially when one round you have indigenous round, then the next you have ******* "red round" for red heads. It just makes the whole "x round" thing seem like a token thing.

this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back