Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea play everyone once then return bouts against the two biggest rivals for each club.. done, finals time

why cant the draw be:

1. play everyone once.
2. we play 2 showdowns.
3. the balance of games is a genuine lottery.

imagine if we had finished 5th with our draw and the Crows finished 4th with their draw and they get the double chance, how is that equitable? its not!

We got the draw we earned for our good 2014. We just lost the games we should of won.

but how is that equitable? we get a tough draw because we played well in 2014?

the only outcome from our 2014 performance should have been more prime time slots.

what sort of penalty would that likely entail? just loss of license?
If that. You don't get higher profile in SA than an Adelaide player, it SHOULD be exactly the sort of case to throw the book at him as a message to the community about drink driving. Instead we'll get he's an upstanding member of the community, beloved by his home
Town, he's suffered enough from the publicity, here have a token fine that you'll earn in a game or two.

Actually, I quite like JPod. Looks like like a genuine nice guy. A bit aged though.

At the time I wouldn't have minded to see him on a deal similar to what the crows ended up giving him with us. 2 year insurance KPF, what would've been the worst that could've happened? He forces his way in to the AFL with good form?

but how is that equitable? we get a tough draw because we played well in 2014?

the only outcome from our 2014 performance should have been more prime time slots.
I know I've oversimplified things and you're right we should of been given better times. Four Sunday twilights in a row was very disheartening, that so many losses happened in that period didn't help.
I'm from the anywhere anytime school. As long as everyone is playing with the same deck.
Our turning up to AO in 2014 gave the AFL the ok to serve up an inequitable roster.
Friday nights have been a shadow over the fixture this year but I don't expect anything different in '16.

It's not.

Pods has always been a second-tier master.

He won the VFL equivalent of the Magarey for goodness me

It's a little of column A and a little of column B. Key forwards can kick bags in the SANFL, maybe not consistent bags but podsiadly kicking 8 and Wundke last week kicking a bag on Clurey shows it can happen.

The things that get said on here trying to pump up our key forwards who struggle to impact games at SANFL level screams overrating of said players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a little of column A and a little of column B. Key forwards can kick bags in the SANFL, maybe not consistent bags but podsiadly kicking 8 and Wundke last week kicking a bag on Clurey shows it can happen.

The things that get said on here trying to pump up our key forwards who struggle to impact games at SANFL level screams overrating of said players.

Key forwards can kick a bag in any league.

They don't tend to in the SNAIL though. You can win the Ken Farmer averaging what, 2.2 goals a game?

What's JPlods output been prior to the last few games? might be a truer indication

Every JPod goal is a knife to the heart of the no ALF crowd ....
That's a thing now? If so decades too late.

5756246773_alf_answer_2_xlarge.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back