Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Fletcher won't be getting a send off game this weekend for Essendon.

in before T Watson labels him as #selfish.
I think not.

Glad to see Polly using the anti Gravity machine, can't wait to see him in 2016.

Wingard is our only lock for AA. What are the chances of Gray and Boak making it? I don't think they will although may make the squad.

Nah I do actually feel sorry for the lions. They're in a bit of strife.

Yep - expect some AFL intervention at some point.

Glad to see Polly using the anti Gravity machine, can't wait to see him in 2016.

Wingard is our only lock for AA. What are the chances of Gray and Boak making it? I don't think they will although may make the squad.
I wouldn't be surprised if Boak doesn't make the squad

Gray would be top 30, let alone 40

Port's gravity training 2016 pre-season:

for those interested, the cornes boys open mike episode is on youtube

Yep - expect some AFL intervention at some point.

I've always kept a keen eye on how Brisbane are travelling, because they and us were at the height of their powers at the same time. We were tracking the same for many years, the gap has only recently been obvious. It's easy to see how badly teams can fall, and just how difficult it is to come back up. Brisbane have been their own worst enemies since 2004, letting their elderly premiership players run the show in a time of great change from a professional sport, to an elite sport. Training loads increased, meetings increased, technology and analysis increased.

Brisbane had no idea, didn't innovate and effectively ran themselves as a club from 2004, in 2015. They're so far off the pace regarding elite procedures and standards on and off the field, it's not funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then the annual sook from Eddie McGuire about it.
The man has an air of such incredible hypocrisy around him. Quiet as a mouse when his team blatantly tanked to get a priority draft pick and now that his and other Victorian teams are getting all their talent on a come-home basis from the Lions he thinks they're not deserving of any help. Was also less than apologetic to Adam Goodes and the King Kong remark.

whoops - sorry, great episode.

I find myself trying to work out why Choco was never appointed as Head Coach of another team...

whoops - sorry, great episode.

I find myself trying to work out why Choco was never appointed as Head Coach of another team...

Choco and Eade are both 57. It's not out of the question just yet - especially with the talent running so thin in regards to coaching, and so many teams looking for a coach.

He won't be a head coach again after his cancer scare though, I wouldn't think.

Choco and Eade are both 57. It's not out of the question just yet - especially with the talent running so thin in regards to coaching, and so many teams looking for a coach.

He won't be a head coach again after his cancer scare though, I wouldn't think.

you hear various reasons why he has never been appointed, I suspect that he is too much of a control freak?

in any case, 55% win record over 274 games is pretty impressive.

Suddenly pick 10 comes into play....
If they got a pick in the teens they'd take it and run. He's a battler, his whole game is basically just tackling.

I'd say Wingard and Gray should be in, and Hartlett and Hombsch should be in the extended squad.

In reality it'll probably be just Wingard in and Gray in the squad.

Didn't Choco completely stuff his St Kilda interview and was a polar opposite to Richo?

Also, the way he left GWS probably didn't leave a great impression. Don't blame him though.

Didn't Choco completely stuff his St Kilda interview and was a polar opposite to Richo?

Also, the way he left GWS probably didn't leave a great impression. Don't blame him though.

He got ****ed over with the GWS job didn't he?

Nah I do actually feel sorry for the lions. They're in a bit of strife.

Nah, * 'em. When a club in desperate need of as many experienced heads as possible delists Jed Adcock at 29 after he was their captain last year, they deserve everything they get. Loyalty is a two way street.

Watching Rd 2 2002 Coll v WCE on Chooseday night football. Judd's debut game. * he was good in that game. And a bum like Broadie Holland kicks 8. That WCE mid field was pretty young but you could see they were very good.

Both sides had some big solid boys and WCE were pretty young but had good size. Its compulsory contract clause to bulk up if you play for the WCE. One day I like us to have a Glen Jacovich type play for the club. A Goliath and a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back