Autopsy Post game. Close but not quite. Pies down by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

No not better, offensive to the females on this board!
Why is that offensive? Some teenage girls could get games with Carlton ...... Couldn't they? ;)

So watched the replay, lots of if and buts! In the final qtr a few critical points.

Cloke handball to Degoey, fumbles ball ends in Hawks goal
Hawks kick from defence to wing, three Pies players fly over the pack lose ball all Hawks, became a three on one contest, Hawks player seen running towards goal with Toovey chasing him, Gunston trips up but kicks up with two pies players approaching, the third Toovey decides to compete as well leaving the Hawks player with a simple tap in for goal.
1:36 left 9 pts down, ball out of centre to Pies CHF pack flys, White get jump scragged but ump doesn't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great that Maynard and Moore got a taste - only upwards from here.
Having said that, whilst a case could be made for the inclusion of Maynard on his output in recent games, the decision to include Darcy only a few weeks back from a hammy was strange - I think Marsh's form warranted a call up and he could have played forward in my opinion.
What a shame we don't have Reid available to play forward / back - a fit Reid would make us so much better / more dangerous.

JDG - as others have said - already seems so mature and watching this kid develop is going to be exciting.

Loving Marley's year.

Hate "honourable" loses but what an exciting core coming through - with a few waiting in the wings

The matchups all over the ground seemed in line except Varcoe, this really shits me because he is not a bloody defender that should be exposed inside defensive 50 for prolonged periods, yet there he was again! getting lost, out marked and out positioned numerous times.

Perhaps if Scharon, Sinclair or Ramsey were fit/ready, or Seedsman was in form we may be able to use him elsewhere. Overall I thought he was amongst our best.

I'm still ridiculously frustrated after last night. Bad kicking cost us the game, pure and simple.
Playing with one man down for 3 quarters had a bigger impact. Just a woeful selection blunder bordering on arrogance.
And against the side that owned for years and were there for the taking even before Roughy's bad news. Last week I was proud, today I'm angry and gutted.
Our boys deserved a reward for their great effort against Freo instead they were handicapped by our selection panel.
Thanks * Darcey isn't a fairy like Watts and will take no damage from this.
Really hope Bucks was having a laugh when he said Scharenberg isn't far away....

Also blind Freddy could see that Marsh would have been a far more suitable replacement for the Sack than Maynard.
Brayden wasn't disgraced despite a few iffy moments and will clearly learn from it but seeing him line up on Gunston at times was just horrible.

And why Marley wasn't on that ducking prick Cyril after doing so well on him in the past is beyond me.
Our main culprits in regards to kicking for goal still managed to have handy games which can not be said about Elliott.
He's been in very questionable form all year and a shocker like this was just a matter of time.

Now for the positives.
We play like a team possessed and look very united, the boys are clearly playing for Bucks.
Bucks' coaching is improving rapidly, not before time I might add, we're making inroads in stopping other side's momentum and working on strategies to combat game plans that have been giving us trouble for years.
We're also turning into a very hard side, mentally and physically.
We've clearly turned it around since ANZAC Day and continue to amaze the glass half empty merchants like me.
There's a slight possibility we're playing above ourselves and might suffer Port's fate but right now the future does look bright.

Not sure if I'll get red carded..but for what its worth..was a really good game last night...we got outta jail for sure, if you had kicked straighter who knows...?75k+ crowd doesn't happen every week in the AFL..great spectacle followed by a touching tribute at the end by both teams...Congrats to Bucks, Clarko , Pendles, Hodgey for organising and agreeing to such a moving show of unity....Pies are definitely coming...Love Pendles absolute gun..Swanny too...Great group of youngsters rising quickly..Backline really gelling..hope Browne can finally get some luck and Frost just keeps gettn better...Bucks has them inspired atm..see you in the finals......

Thanks for the kind words mate but "Yabby" and Pies fans don't mix after the Johnny Greening assasination attempt at Moorabbin. You're obviously a discerning football officionado so I'd encourage you to become a "Kennedy's Commando" perhaps. Old Jeansey sent Jimmy O'Dea out to kill our boy...we never forget!
Ps. Good luck to the Hawks for the year too.

I know it does not mean much when you go down, but great game pies you blokes are going places and are going to be hard to beat for the next decade... great game of footy and good luck for the rest of the year.

Lol...that's dangerous. The last time people praised us as a side the AFL brought in the sub rule to stop Swanny and then they brought in free agency to cost us half our midfield....I'm guessing now it will be something like : AFL brings in the anti black and white rule!

Come on. Elliott had 10 disposals but Moore only had 4. I bet you noticed everyone of Moore's.

How is it that you have made excuses for Moore but not Elliott? On disposals Elliott had at least twice as good a game as Moore.

Moore debut and Elliot is a AA calibar player.

You expect much more from Elliot.

Disposal don't tell the Whole Story

Snore, I apologise.

Ill find another comparison, i'm sure
Playing like a one legged guide dog.
I reckon that should offend some tiny minority.

From page 55 of the laws - http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2015-Laws-Of-Aust-Football.pdf
5el6yeB.png
wYIOAvp.png

As you say, 'H' used to stand 1mm behind the player on the mark and it's used as a tactic by all. You are not allowed to stand directly next to or forward of the mark.
The Hawks did it a few times and were not called for it.
Thank you for going to the trouble of posting explanation.

To many on here still talking finals. 2015 was never about that. It's about developing the young players for 2016-2020.

Have we improved - yes for sure, so we are ahead of schedule, but don't focus on the short term stuff. It's the long game that's important.

To me too much emphasis is being given to the short term. While on one level playing finals would be good and valuable experience, I would rather we make choices like playing Moore and Maynard in games like this and lose because of it. For the rest of the year I would like to see Marsh, Scharon, Freeman and BenKen all get a taste of the big time.

If that results in us losing games and missing the finals so be it. Our kids will gain valuable experience which is really needed. Both Moore and Maynard were like fish out of water often last night but will be better for the run. And by missing the finals we get a better first round draft pick and an easier draw.

Think of the big picture people. For me there have only been positives out of the last two weeks. We are showing that we will be a premiership threat sooner than expected, but winning right now against the top teams is nothing to be concerned about, or get in any way upset about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing with one man down for 3 quarters had a bigger impact. Just a woeful selection blunder bordering on arrogance.
And against the side that owned for years and were there for the taking even before Roughy's bad news. Last week I was proud, today I'm angry and gutted.
Our boys deserved a reward for their great effort against Freo instead they were handicapped by our selection panel.
Thanks **** Darcey isn't a fairy like Watts and will take no damage from this.
Really hope Bucks was having a laugh when he said Scharenberg isn't far away....

Also blind Freddy could see that Marsh would have been a far more suitable replacement for the Sack than Maynard.
Brayden wasn't disgraced despite a few iffy moments and will clearly learn from it but seeing him line up on Gunston at times was just horrible.

And why Marley wasn't on that ducking prick Cyril after doing so well on him in the past is beyond me.
Our main culprits in regards to kicking for goal still managed to have handy games which can not be said about Elliott.
He's been in very questionable form all year and a shocker like this was just a matter of time.

Now for the positives.
We play like a team possessed and look very united, the boys are clearly playing for Bucks.
Bucks' coaching is improving rapidly, not before time I might add, we're making inroads in stopping other side's momentum and working on strategies to combat game plans that have been giving us trouble for years.
We're also turning into a very hard side, mentally and physically.
We've clearly turned it around since ANZAC Day and continue to amaze the glass half empty merchants like me.
There's a slight possibility we're playing above ourselves and might suffer Port's fate but right now the future does look bright.

Nice summary PB. It hurts to lose but we are seeing clear evidence of improvement. Really need to back it up with a win next week.

Was impressed with the effort last night...Maynard will be a gun as well. There was one kick he weighted perfectly to Toovs that had class written all over it. Toovs just couldnt take the grab

My point was Moore was poor and you are happy to overlook all of his sins with excuse such as quality of delivery, but quite happy to criticise someone else who got more disposal that you didn't notice.
Mother Of Gawd, can't you see that you're comparing apples and oranges???

Moore was always bound to be poor being named in the side so early in his career while Elliott can and must do significantly better.

So watched the replay, lots of if and buts! In the final qtr a few critical points.

Cloke handball to Degoey, fumbles ball ends in Hawks goal
Hawks kick from defence to wing, three Pies players fly over the pack lose ball all Hawks, became a three on one contest, Hawks player seen running towards goal with Toovey chasing him, Gunston trips up but kicks up with two pies players approaching, the third Toovey decides to compete as well leaving the Hawks player with a simple tap in for goal.
1:36 left 9 pts down, ball out of centre to Pies CHF pack flys, White get jump scragged but ump doesn't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cloke's handball was ridiculously overhit.

My point was Moore was poor and you are happy to overlook all of his sins with excuse such as quality of delivery, but quite happy to criticise someone else who got more disposal that you didn't notice.

Moore competed well for a 1st game Tall. I think give a few more games at AFL level. Way more Upside the White. Help having both Witts and Grundy in the Ruck

Mother Of Gawd, can't you see that you're comparing apples and oranges???

Moore was always bound to be poor being named in the side so early in his career while Elliott can and must do significantly better.

The original comment was that he did notice Elliott get a kick, when in fact Elliott had 2.5 times as many disposals as Moore. Perhaps he was looking through rose coloured glasses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back