Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd dynamic going on here for a political concession speech

Looks like she has been nailing the martinis all afternoon

Abbort addressing the National Press Club Monday

Could be interesting

What blows me away is that the ALP had the worst electoral defeat in Qld in 2009 and had gone from being in Government to having only 7 seats in the Qld parliament. ONLY 7! Now it looks like they'll be returned to Government with a small majority. Looks like the Australian people are finally learning to stop voting for parties like they're supporting a football team, and actually use their vote to send a message.

In times past the ALP would have needed at least two elections to come back from a position like that.
Yeah but you need to remember that political parties in this day and age of transparent media are so scrutinized that people get sick of parties easy and the vote swings every which way from one to another, who would've thought Abbott could've won a federal election so people are changing their minds and not just sticking to the same "footy team".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prentice talking about a fair world. Staggering. What part does she not get that Newman lied.

I am unable to understand what it is that the LNP commentators do not get. Every one I have talked to about this election either ALP or LNP have mentioned his lies. They keep talking about not getting the message across. They not even sent out mixed messages, they lied full freaking stop. Those that voted for them for the 1st time ever got burnt by lies. When questioned by the non Murdoch press the LNP kept sloganeering with sheer and utter nonsense like "strong choices" that came across as semi authoritarian sloganeering that some minor functionary in an Italian province under Mussolini nwould have been proud of.

As to the Murdoch press, via the only newspaper in Brisbane available, what sheer unadulterated trash they served up day in day out that was so biased one way they became a joke. For example one writer called Tony Fitzgerald, and I quote a "moralizing moron". Seriously. This one braggers belief and there is not much more to add.

I am now watching Newman concession speech and again the lack of humility is palpable. "We had to make hard choices" blah blah blah. What lie? FFS what part so you not get about it. You lied! and did ot often. Yes the loving is all very nice but guess what mate when you sacked 1000's who voted for you and them lied that you did not and then said that you could not sleep at night about their job loss and then compared them to dog s**t you have no sympathy from me and obviously those that turfed you out. Sorry no sympathy for a liar.

Anyway Prentice just said that history will be kind to him. How out of touch.

Yep,thats great, well done to the young fella. I'll catch a replay.

This election is far more exciting. It looks like the most incredible election in history, well nearly:rolleyes:

In fairness it was a ripping goal. Don't know which outcome I'm more surprised at, the goal or the ALP overturning such a swing.

Odd dynamic going on here for a political concession speech

Looks like she has been nailing the martinis all afternoon
My Mrs just said that. Tell you now Newman himself is a bit of Vat 69 drinker and can get a bit, how shall i say this.....? boisterous when others disagree with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back