'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Smith. He has been a jet for the past couple of years. Hill on one wing, Smith on the other. Is he still likely to hold a spot in the team til he hits retirement age or do you guys see someone like Hartung coming up and possibly displacing him before then?
He'll hold his spot for as long as the game stays the way it is & with the interchange cap in place, he's even safer.

Very different in the way he plays the wing when compared to Hill & probably different again to Hartung.

Didn't know Luke was on Dogs radar - he went to the Saints with HFC blessing.
Luke was a very well respected Assistant Coach whilst with us.
Maybe playing with fire if he gets the nod at scragger land.
Did he even get to St Kilda yet?

Probably not filthy as Beverage is was appointed Assistant Coach of Saints. But the Saints would be annoyed knowing they were in a position to get a quality Line coach and that option fell through.

Have just spoken to a friend of LB and he also believes LB is odds on fav for doggies Coach - I am stunned but very happy for LB.
Stunned because he's not very good or just because he wasn't really mentioned publicly as a candidate? Can the man coach? How do you think he'll go with our young core?

Stunned because he's not very good or just because he wasn't really mentioned publicly as a candidate? Can the man coach? How do you think he'll go with our young core?

Do your research in Luke - success everywhere:thumbsu:

Bevo will be a gun.

Gday all. I have a question.

I have been slowly compiling Hawks memories on DVD - all the premierships, '89 and '13 Victory Packs, '96 Merger game, '99 record comeback against St Kilda, some other big finals from the 80s, and documentary stuff like Birds of Prey.

I obviously have lots of good footage of the behemoths of the club in the 70s and 80s, and from the current crop '07-onwards... But there is a glaring omission:

Crawf.

The bloke soldiered through some pretty lean Hawthorn years, so he doesn't feature in much at all of what I have.

Here is the question: what should I be getting (any DVDs or games) to make sure the champ holds his rightful place in my collection? Perhaps there were particular games that he played a blinder in his brownlow year?

get his 300th game the goal he kicked and all players including our backman getting to him for a huge hug i will never forget that it was awesome and 08 gf when we won and his celebration with willo at the end and there was a goal celebration where he did the hank bolger [spelling] look sideways was funny as forgot what game though that was , there are a few goal celebrations i can picture but dont know games etc plenty to see of crawf magic

Last edited:
Something I've been thinking about for a while.
In Rd 7 1992 Jason Dunstall kicked 17 5 against Richmond
In Rd 22 The same year against the same opponent he kicked 12 6
His total against a single opponent over two home and away games in the one season was 29 11.
Now richmond scored in total over those two games 27 18. Dunstall outscored Richmond over the two games.

Now I am certain that this is the highest tally of goals against the one opponent in league history in a single home and away season.
What I am not so sure about is - Is this the only instance of a single player outscoring an opponent for the seasonacross two home and away games?

If so LOL @ Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back