'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha!! That would make Essendon's year :)

This is the thing about naming rites that annoys me. Yes, Coleman was the full forward in the Team of the Century but his career was incomplete. He was selected on how people assume his career would have ended rather than what he actually achieved, and IMHO, this is wrong.

Hudson was, and still is, the greatest full forward to ever play the game, a career tally of over 2,100 goals, most of them with a bung knee, and the highest goals per game in AFL/VFL history. The only other FF who comes close is SA's Ken Farmer who averaged over 6 goals per game and topped the 100 goal mark for 11 straight seasons.

Coleman was obviously a great player but should never have been the FF in the Team of the Century. They completed the joke with their selection of full back. Silvagni's not even the best full back for Carlton, let alone best of all time. Couldn't get a game at FB for Victoria because Langford was better. I wonder if these selection panels were sober when they selected the team.

For the life of me, I will never know how SS was voted full back in the team of the century. I could list a few Carlton full backs I would take before him, Lofts and Southby come to mind.

As for Coleman, well as I have said before on BF, I saw him kick 12 goals against is in his first season. He was brilliant to watch. (And he was born in Port Fairy.)

I call Huddo the Bradman of the AFL. He has a record that IMO will never be broken. Maybe the Coleman/Hudson has a good ring to it?

For the life of me, I will never know how SS was voted full back in the team of the century. I could list a few Carlton full backs I would take before him, Lofts and Southby come to mind.

As for Coleman, well as I have said before on BF, I saw him kick 12 goals against is in his first season. He was brilliant to watch. (And he was born in Port Fairy.)

I call Huddo the Bradman of the AFL. He has a record that IMO will never be broken. Maybe the Coleman/Hudson has a good ring to it?

Yep, Southby was a superior ful back. No scragging and hanging on with Southby, his read of the game was so good he would often beat his opponent to the ball and mark ahead of him. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a player fancied by the media because of their female partner.

I once went to the footy with the guy who stood Coleman in that match. His first name was Lionel, can't recall his surname. He said he was sick of looking up and seeing Coleman's spriggs. :)

Doesn't actually stop someone else from tweeting your post though (just stops you from tweeting theirs).

Correct and that annoys me and maybe grizzlym or Echols could tell us where we legally stand with that. At the end of the day I suppose it's no different in how we bring in tweets, photos and media articles on these boards

Yep, Southby was a superior ful back. No scragging and hanging on with Southby, his read of the game was so good he would often beat his opponent to the ball and mark ahead of him. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a player fancied by the media because of their female partner.

I once went to the footy with the guy who stood Coleman in that match. His first name was Lionel, can't recall his surname. He said he was sick of looking up and seeing Coleman's spriggs. :)

Adelaide Hawk, I think you'll find his name was Len Crane. An ex Swan, if I remember correctly.

Correct and that annoys me and maybe grizzlym or Echols could tell us where we legally stand with that. At the end of the day I suppose it's no different in how we bring in tweets, photos and media articles on these boards
I honestly have no idea.

Lionel Johnston was the name I was thinking of. Crane wasn't with the Hawks when Coleman made his debut.

Right, sorry mate, and should say sorry to Len Crane, as for years I have been he was Colaman's opponent, when he wasn't yet at the club. Can't remember Lionel Johnston, the only other full back I can remember from my early days was Jim Robinson.
Thanks for straightening me out AH.

So who wants to tell me the BF definition of a "campaigner"? I understand it's derogatory, but that's about it.
It rhymes with stunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who wants to tell me the BF definition of a "campaigner"? I understand it's derogatory, but that's about it.
A young bloke taking a punt
At a daringly fabulous stunt
He turned someones jeep
Into a heap
Geeze that guy is a campaigner.

Yep. Social media... I believe you can take exception, in certain cases, but really it's the thing that underpins social media: sharing.

Isaac Smith. He has been a jet for the past couple of years. Hill on one wing, Smith on the other. Is he still likely to hold a spot in the team til he hits retirement age or do you guys see someone like Hartung coming up and possibly displacing him before then?

Hey guys

Dogs fan here. What's the general rub on lukey beveridge?? He's doing well through our coaching process as i understand it.

Didn't know Luke was on Dogs radar - he went to the Saints with HFC blessing.
Luke was a very well respected Assistant Coach whilst with us.
Maybe playing with fire if he gets the nod at scragger land.

Didn't know Luke was on Dogs radar - he went to the Saints with HFC blessing.
Luke was a very well respected Assistant Coach whilst with us.
Maybe playing with fire if he gets the nod at scragger land.
St kilda would be filthy you'd imagine. He's firmed in to $4 (wasn't even on the price list when betting opened.

St kilda would be filthy you'd imagine. He's firmed in to $4 (wasn't even on the price list when betting opened.

Probably not filthy as Beverage is was appointed Assistant Coach of Saints. But the Saints would be annoyed knowing they were in a position to get a quality Line coach and that option fell through.

Have just spoken to a friend of LB and he also believes LB is odds on fav for doggies Coach - I am stunned but very happy for LB.

Okay, another (former) Hawthorn assistant coach, rumoured to be the favourite for the vacant senior coaching position for the dogs.

Luke Beveridge.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Because frankly we don't have much of an idea about him - apart from his linkendin account :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back