'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading over to Adelaide for the game on Thursday and want to know if there are any good pubs with good craft beer for a few pre game frothies within walking distance of Adelaide oval.

Also if the nba finals goes to game 6 is there anywhere in town that will show the game on Sunday morning?

Cheers in advance.

Heading over to Adelaide for the game on Thursday and want to know if there are any good pubs with good craft beer for a few pre game frothies within walking distance of Adelaide oval.

Also if the nba finals goes to game 6 is there anywhere in town that will show the game on Sunday morning?

Cheers in advance.

How do they make beer from Clag and paper cutouts?:eek:

Cheers in advance.
Not a huge craft beer person, but the Metropolitan on Grote St would definitely be showing the NBA final on Sunday. I think the Rosemont on Hindley St would be too.

Was wondering if you guys could settle a conversation I had with a Hawthorn supporter mate and perhaps tell me I am crazy. I could have sworn I saw footage of a Hawthorn side from the 70's or 80's including Rodney Eade etc singing Sons of the Sea (a sea chanty that our Sons of the West/Scray is based on). They were even doing the "bobbing up and down like this" actions along with the lyrics. Did I see a one off, did this happen often or am I crazy?

Thanks guys

You're not crazy. It's in the film "The Club" (based on the David Williamson play) after Hawthorn beat Collingwood.

Hi Guys
I would love some friendly advice. I don't go to many games due to anxiety.. but I am going to take my (recently discovered existing) half brother & sister to the game on Saturday Vs Essendon. My half sis is 14 and half bro is 16.

Funds are pretty tight - is it best to just get a basic general admission ticket? Or will they sell out before the game? What are the chances of that happening? Can I bring some snacks :D Its late so I hope this makes sense...

Hi Guys
I would love some friendly advice. I don't go to many games due to anxiety.. but I am going to take my (recently discovered existing) half brother & sister to the game on Saturday Vs Essendon. My half sis is 14 and half bro is 16.

Funds are pretty tight - is it best to just get a basic general admission ticket? Or will they sell out before the game? What are the chances of that happening? Can I bring some snacks :D Its late so I hope this makes sense...

General admission won't sell out before the game but get there early to get a good seat as all GA areas are up on level 4. Yes you can bring food in no problem :)

Hi Guys

Not advice but I hope that the '2 halves' become just your brother & sister.

Hi Guys

good on you

Just saw that Spud Frawley is working at the Saints. I could have sworn he was doing work at Hawthorn?
Heard he waz a Spud anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not advice but I hope that the '2 halves' become just your brother & sister.

Yep, I have only met them once, but already love them hence taking them to the footy. Little bro (16) goes for Dons (but wants to change to West Coast because he likes the new theme song lol. Maybe I can convince him to choose the Hawks instead ;)

I don't suppose anyone knows of any fancy free tickets that would be up for grabs to make the day a bit more special? Never hurts to ask :D

Yep, I have only met them once, but already love them hence taking them to the footy. Little bro (16) goes for Dons (but wants to change to West Coast because he likes the new theme song lol. Maybe I can convince him to choose the Hawks instead ;)

I don't suppose anyone knows of any fancy free tickets that would be up for grabs to make the day a bit more special? Never hurts to ask :D

They are giving them away on SEN to some callers but that is all I've heard of. Probably be hard to find too many freebies for this game as it should be fairly well attended. I think there is one more 'bring a friend' match to come though so you might be able to get a free ticket for that later in the season (can't remember which one it is but they will advertise it).

They are giving them away on SEN to some callers but that is all I've heard of. Probably be hard to find too many freebies for this game as it should be fairly well attended. I think there is one more 'bring a friend' match to come though so you might be able to get a free ticket for that later in the season (can't remember which one it is but they will advertise it).

Heya :) Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought it would be pretty much impossible as this will be a big game. Rather excited myself to go - last 3 games I went to were Hawks (thrash Saints last year) and 2 x Hawks Vs WBS @ Aurora last 2 years so it will be the biggest crowd I have experienced in a while - a bit nervous and excited at the same time. We better win... :D

How is it, that a Sydney s**t-stain by the name of CaptainChardonnay , is allowed to come onto our board & insult both our players & our posters- things for which we would cop an automatic 5 point infraction for on the $wines board-in dancing it up a storm over bullshit MRP decisions.... & be allowed to get away with it Scott-free?

Why has that thread been closed, other than as a means to protect that poster from what's coming to them?

How can our Mods allow a flog from another club to derail & close a thread on our board which is directly relevant to our club's history involving an former player, whose current suspension warrants discussion in light of those he received while wearing a Hawks jumper?

Are we now operating under AFL jurisdiction also?

How is it, that a Sydney s**t-stain by the name of CaptainChardonnay , is allowed to come onto our board & insult both our players & our posters- things for which we would cop an automatic 5 point infraction for on the $wines board-in dancing it up a storm over bullshit MRP decisions.... & be allowed to get away with it Scott-free?

Why has that thread been closed, other than as a means to protect that poster from what's coming to them?

How can our Mods allow a flog from another club to derail & close a thread on our board which is directly relevant to our club's history involving an former player, whose current suspension warrants discussion in light of those he received while wearing a Hawks jumper?

Are we now operating under AFL jurisdiction also?

The explanation as to why it was closed is right there on the thread.

The explanation as to why it was closed is right there on the thread.

YEP, saw that....And don't buy it!

Thread would have been fine if that poster was either removed or banned....IT's topical & directly relevant to our club in light of both Buddy's previous suspensions while with us & by comparison with the Lewis/Hodge suspensions.

For the IT gurus on the board, I need to understand what the data transfer rates would be between 232 and 485.
Is there a maximum transfer rate?

How much faster is IP?

For the IT gurus on the board, I need to understand what the data transfer rates would be between 232 and 485.
Is there a maximum transfer rate?

How much faster is IP?
o_O Rephrase?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back