Autopsy Rd 4 v Collingwood - Game Discussion and changes for Brisbane - Lurking Likers will be banned

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if lids comes back in the next couple he will play injured. Said this morning on gameday that he has lost his explosiveness from this injury. Lids of 2013 will not be seen again this year maybe not at all as archiles injuries are very hard to get over.

Time for someone else to put up hand.

Very saddening

That actually got me a bit upset. Not joking ... my guts sank like the titanic. I know its not as bad as what happened to Foley (which also hurts), but .... lids!!!! :(
Relax mate, he just stated that this will get better but its not quite there yet. He also said its more higher than the just above the heel area.

If lids injury is as bad as people are making it sound I hope we are extremely cautious and put him in cotton wool for as long as he needs.

who do we think could step up to fill the void a little? who has the class? Vlastuin or martin in the guts please

Seriously I can't find anywhere on the ground where we will get the upper hand... Very worrying indeed. The way Hawthorn took apart Gold Coast is ominous. Whereas Gold Coast made us look utterly shite
only redeeming thing about the 3 losses is we have been abysmal and margins have been relatively small. 18, 2 and 37.

if we persist playing houli on a wing, maybe we can blood him as that tall HBF'er we need and put martin back in the guts.
I'd prefer our best kicks ie Houli Newy & Dusty at half back.

Number of times the ball has butchered by the foot of Chaplin Grimes Thomas is beyond a joke.

Changes for next week post VFL game....

OUT;
Grigg
Edwards
Newman

IN;
Foley
Lennon
McDonough

I know these changes wont happen... but it seems fair, taking out a lot of experience with the named outs which is why I would bring in Foley. Could provide some leadership out on the ground. I know most of us think he is cooked but I think he will give us more than Edwards and so on.

If we play Matt Thomas on pre season form then what about McDonough, hasn't put a foot wrong since playing in the VFL, seemed a scapegoat for Hardwick.

Could really use precise ball movement which is why Lennon comes in.

DO IT HARDWICK!

Or get Lids right, 6-8, and upgrade Anthony. :)
I work with a friend of his family, says he's loving it at Tigerland, he's playing every game like it's his last.
His stats in the 2's seem to back this up.
Really keen to see what he's got.

I work with a friend of his family, says he's loving it at Tigerland, he's playing every game like it's his last.
His stats in the 2's seem to back this up.
Really keen to see what he's got.

Just to be clear, i liked this bit.

Or get Lids right, 6-8.

Farkin hated this bit :(

I've just got a bad feeling on Lids, and we should maybe face up to it.
We lost time on Ivy, because we stuffed around with a decision.
Would love Lids to be back in ASAP, but it won't do any good if he's a yo-yo.

If they are going to pick Foley (as they should - I don't think he should have been dropped in the first place) then FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE don't name him as the sub.
Here's an idea. Look at what the Dogs do with Gia. Sub Newman, step up.

Relax mate, he just stated that this will get better but its not quite there yet. He also said its more higher than the just above the heel area.
I think he is being more hopeful than cautious, that's the medico's job. After playing 140 straight he must be itching to get out there given our recent results. The last thing we need is for him to have a rupture and miss the rest of the season.

I wouldn't think we will see him before the bye and if we do I hope it's a decision the medics make not Lids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the news tonight and Cotchins tagging was mentioned then talk of jake king being needed to protect him. How bad does this look for us if we have to bring in a four foot bloke to scare the opposition from picking on our players.

Changes for me would be Vickery out (injured) and either Bean or Elton in for half a game. Newy is sub and comes on in the third for a tall.

If lids injury is as bad as people are making it sound I hope we are extremely cautious and put him in cotton wool for as long as he needs.

who do we think could step up to fill the void a little? who has the class? Vlastuin or martin in the guts please
Both please

How far off is Azza Edwards ? I can't see Vickery being dropped if there's no one to replace him. McBean was quiet, so the debut is postponed.

I'd inject some pace into the side.

Out - Grigg (omit), Edwards (omit)
In - Foley, Madonna

Sub - Newman

But he's playing back. So surely Batch could play that role? Or McDonough but we play on 4 days so he's out.
Wait we've got another Thursday game?

FFS

At least Carlton are guaranteed to play after us again

I reckon he'd come in for Grimes if anyone
Grimes plays 3rd tall, he should actually be taking Chaplins role when we get Rance back but he's not ready [read: good enough] yet and he'll probably be injured anyway

Batch probably could replace Newman, but I don't see Newman in the team any more anyway

With the short turnaround maybe Batch will get a game

In (whoever isn't injured any more from): Rance Deledio Maric
In: Batch
Out: Morris Thomas Newman

What I'm getting at is we aren't willing to play him as a back flanker. He's never going to make it as a KPD. Therefore go get something for him.

Wasn't he one of the ones rumoured to have been shopped trade week?

Even if lids comes back in the next couple he will play injured. Said this morning on gameday that he has lost his explosiveness from this injury. Lids of 2013 will not be seen again this year maybe not at all as archiles injuries are very hard to get over.

Time for someone else to put up hand.
R.I.P
A little bit of me just died inside. My favourite player. Who cares about his milestone games, I just want him to be better and free of injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back