Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Easter Monday MCG (3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake, geelong are capable of rolling us.

Not that I think they will, and therell be less easy games this year all round

Agree. Geelong still have what it takes. Clark is the wildcard, and if they keep Dawson Simpson on the ground I reckon they can reek havoc.

Dare I say "danger game"?

Agree. Geelong still have what it takes. Clark is the wildcard, and if they keep Dawson Simpson on the ground I reckon they can reek havoc.

Dare I say "danger game"?

It's "the old enemy", always a danger game.

BTW, Bruce, hope we get to catch-up b4 the game tomorrow.

The anticipation is delicious. Jumping on the train, getting off at Richmond. Scarf and membership card around my neck. Family around me, all barracking for the Hawks. Vendors flogging the record. The strangled sound of that girl playing our theme song on the bagpipes. Doughnuts and dimmies. A beer or three. The raising of the flag!!! What a magnificent day. Go HAWKS!

Nic Nat would struggle to get a game. He would be 4th in line for ruck. He should stay at west coast where he is overpaid and overrated

What a load of crock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we think starts sub?

Out of Jed & Dureya I believe
Fresh midfield legs will be more valuable than fresh defensive legs at 3/4 time; also, having Doc in defence to start means Hodge has to spend less time back there, giving us extra midfield rotations. It's just numbers to me - Jedi starts as Sub.

*I'd rather it the other way, that we have more mids for more of the game - I just don't think Clarko will roll that way.

Fresh midfield legs will be more valuable than fresh defensive legs at 3/4 time; also, having Doc in defence to start means Hodge has to spend less time back there, giving us extra midfield rotations. It's just numbers to me - Jedi starts as Sub.

*I'd rather it the other way, that we have more mids for more of the game - I just don't think Clarko will roll that way.
Duryea can play midfield. Has lined up for centre clearances plenty of times.

Jed is the better midfielder so would be better to have him out there for longer. Hodge would be of great value down back. Particularly early for added leadership and direction if the game is hot early which I'm sure it will be.

The anticipation is delicious. Jumping on the train, getting off at Richmond. Scarf and membership card around my neck. Family around me, all barracking for the Hawks. Vendors flogging the record. The strangled sound of that girl playing our theme song on the bagpipes. Doughnuts and dimmies. A beer or three. The raising of the flag!!! What a magnificent day. Go HAWKS!
Don't forget the guy in the super mario costume playing enter sandman on electric guitar on the way home. Often the highlight of my day at the footy.

Who here is confident that the Kennett curse is behind us? I still have emotional scars from the dirty dozen losses between 2009-13. On paper we should smash this mob. Let's get this ledger back on track!

Early 2009 head-to-head:
Hawthorn wins: 67
Draws: 1
Geelong wins: 72

Current head-to-head:

Hawthorn wins: 70
Geelong wins: 85

Last edited:
Who here is confident that the Kennett curse is behind us? I still have emotional scars from the dirty dozen losses between 2009-13. On paper we should smash this mob. Let's get this ledger back on track!

Early 2009 head-to-head:
Hawthorn wins: 67
Geelong wins: 72

Current head-to-head:

Hawthorn wins: 70
Geelong wins: 85
How's the H2H finals record?

How's the H2H finals record?

Finals head-to-head:
Hawthorn wins: 6
Draws: 0
Geelong wins: 3

An Interesting side note is that they have kicked more total points than us in those 9 finals despite being 3 wins in deficit.

Points for Hawthorn: 861
Points for Geelong: 876

Last edited:
filepicker%2FjFtHWtQuKxKftdRV2VQu_clobberin_time.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back