Rumour Rumours and Scuttlebutt in the Media - Who to believe???

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Morris wrote an article earlier in the week all but saying it's done Brad Hill will request a trade.

Not even the carrot of Brad Hill — who will request a trade to Victoria after Round 23 — will be enough for the Demons to ship Brayshaw off to Perth to join his younger brother Andrew.

Now he specifically says at the end of round 23. Brad Hill came out today and said he wont be requesting a trade.

Tom Morris wrote an article earlier in the week all but saying it's done Brad Hill will request a trade.

Now he specifically says at the end of round 23. Brad Hill came out today and said he wont be requesting a trade.
A - Brad Hill is goneski
B - Tom Morris showing clueless he is. Brayshaw would be crumbs in a Hill trade.

Just wondering when it comes to player movement which journalists are pretty reliable & have a good track record?

Can you prove there track record?

So who should we take notice of when they say something & who should we stay clear of?

Help me get reporters predictions by tagging me & your proof of what they've said... Cheers,

REPORTERS Damien BarrettSam McClureMitch ClearyTom MorrisJon RalphTom BrowneMark StevensJay ClarkMatt BalmerPeter VlahosTony SheahanRicky NixonJake NiallRESULTS
PLAYERS
Stephen ConiglioGWS or BluesBluesHawks
Tim Kelly
Zak Jones
Jack MartinBlues
Adam TomlinsonDees, Dogs or Saints
Ed LangdonDees
Bradley HillHawks, Saints or Dees
Jack StevenCats
Karl Amon
Hugh GreenwoodSaints or HawksLions or Hawks
Jon PattonHawksHawksHawksHawksHawks
Todd GoldsteinRoos
Anthony TippaBombers or Dogs

I like the idea of keeping track...let's keep a running tally and we'll really see who actually might have some intel vs those who just throw darts

Just wondering when it comes to player movement which journalists are pretty reliable & have a good track record?

Can you prove there track record?

So who should we take notice of when they say something & who should we stay clear of?

Help me get reporters predictions by tagging me & your proof of what they've said... Cheers,

REPORTERS Damien BarrettSam McClureMitch ClearyTom MorrisJon RalphTom BrowneMark StevensJay ClarkMatt BalmerPeter VlahosTony SheahanRicky NixonJake NiallRESULTS
PLAYERS
Stephen ConiglioGWS or BluesBluesHawks
Tim Kelly
Zak Jones
Jack MartinBlues
Adam TomlinsonDees, Dogs or Saints
Ed LangdonDees
Bradley HillHawks, Saints or Dees
Jack StevenCats
Karl Amon
Hugh GreenwoodSaints or HawksLions or Hawks
Jon PattonHawksHawksHawksHawksHawks
Todd GoldsteinRoos
Anthony TippaBombers or Dogs
add the Burgoyne rumour to that list and Stephen Hill to GC

After the Pies rumours this week and Eddie's protests should all journos be accountable to AFL integrity unit? Including Eddie himself? Eddie not adverse to airing rumours himself.

My take on things.
1. Players managers leak non truths to the media to put pressure on clubs in negotiations.
2. Media read the tea leaves and make guesses. Sometimes right, sometimes right
3. Media people are paid to get the most clicks, ratings or sales. They need to say anything outlandish true or not.
4. Very rarely that get reliable information but it does happen.

So Stephen Hill re-signs for 2 more years. I can't seem to remember who, I'll have to look for it tonight, but I remember some media predicted he would sign with Gold Coast.

You cv j
Fact-checking rumours and predictions is a good concept for a thread, but please be careful when quoting "ITK" posts.

This thread is not exempt from the cross-quoting rule, so please do not quote them here unless they've posted in the DTFA.
Huh

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back