STAND TALL - 2015 Membership Final Figure - 13,480

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we tracking compared to this time last year in terms of member numbers? Anyone know?

Using the old BF thread on 2014 membership as a reference point, we are significantly down:

April 9, 2013 - 11,537
April 9, 2014 - 11,174
May 19, 2014 - 12,000
April 30, 2015 - 10,361

One GIANT difference of course is we haven't played a single home game in Sydney yet so it isn't really an apples and apples comparison. Given the first home game is May 9 against the Hawks, if we show at least a competitive effort against the Weagles, you would expect that the gap to 2014 should close pretty quickly. I really do hope that we do start to see a turn around in memberships and crowds as the players are really putting on something worth watching.

I receive a phone call yesterday from a girl in our membership department.

She asked if she could've my single seat at Spotless as a member in the same row wanted to purchase a further 7 seats all along the same row, encompassing my seat.

Sounds like this blokes family are all getting on board which is nice to hear.

Obviously I said yes. Always happy to help out a fellow Giants member.
And, I've never sat in my seat yet anyway, not like I know what I'm missing out on.

I receive a phone call yesterday from a girl in our membership department.

She asked if she could've my single seat at Spotless as a member in the same row wanted to purchase a further 7 seats all along the same row, encompassing my seat.

Sounds like this blokes family are all getting on board which is nice to hear.

Obviously I said yes. Always happy to help out a fellow Giants member.
And, I've never sat in my seat yet anyway, not like I know what I'm missing out on.

Haha I was going to ask the last line there as well ;)

Best atmosphere at the ground. Wouldn't have a clue where my actual seat is and this is my fourth year.

Hate when those opposition supporters get in though.

Great place though. Just have to get there a bit earlier

That's my main problem - sometimes we only get there shortly before game time, so no hope. 30 mins early and we're good. Our seats are pretty much right there anyway so the view is the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a foundation member and never been to the members bar, especially for a game.

Call me crazy but I'd rather the boys see my bum on the seat and hear my voice rather than crowd into a bar and end up watching most of the game on the TV....

I'm a foundation member and never been to the members bar, especially for a game.

Call me crazy but I'd rather the boys see my bum on the seat and hear my voice rather than crowd into a bar and end up watching most of the game on the TV....

Can tell you haven't been to the members bar. :)

The whole external wall is glass and other than a few occasionally inconvenient columns you can watch all the action directly, hence the comments about it getting crowded - if you're not at the wall, you're better off in your seat.

The whole external wall is glass and other than a few occasionally inconvenient columns you can watch all the action directly, hence the comments about it getting crowded - if you're not at the wall, you're better off in your seat.
Windows open too, so believe me when I say the boys can hear us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members reserve seats are right in front of the bar area so the window works both ways.;)
Whenever I walk by, my observation is that there's a few precious window seats that are occupied, a few members standing and watching through the window, then a few watching the screens and having a chat.

If that's how you prefer to experience the game, that's cool. My preference is to experience the game from the seats because I feel more part of the action. Silly as it sounds.

Is it full strength

Nope.

I don't actually know what he's talking about - I thought the beer was the same as everywhere else in the stadium, but it could be tongue in cheek.

Members reserve seats are right in front of the bar area so the window works both ways.;)
Whenever I walk by, my observation is that there's a few precious window seats that are occupied, a few members standing and watching through the window, then a few watching the screens and having a chat.

If that's how you prefer to experience the game, that's cool. My preference is to experience the game from the seats because I feel more part of the action. Silly as it sounds.

I have a suspicion we're talking about different locations. I'm guessing most of us are talking about the members bar which is up on the wing and most games last year it was hard to find a free window seat at all. You might be talking about the Hordern Bar which is more in the pocket and behind the member's reserve. I haven't been to that one during the game but it probably would be emptier because it's in a crappier location and worse viewing from it.

Dont feel too bad Barry, I havnt been to the bar either but I always have the two terrors with me. Call me an old fart but I prefer a cuppa tea (always take a thermos) with a biscuit at the quarters and a pie at half time and sitting in my seat. What ever works I suppose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back