Podcast The Geelong Board PodCast - Episode 9 now available - Trade Period Wrap + Review

Remove this Banner Ad

If all goes according to plan there will be a podcast recorded in the coming days which will be a bit of a season review of the H&A season...

What we would love is some listener involvement... so if anyone has any questions that they would like us to look at shoot them through to me

I can assure you we have a couple of the elite elite from the board involved and will be well worth it

Did Guthrie play better in guts or down back?
Is Blicavs becoming insignificant?
Was Kersten's year a success?
Is Menegola our 3rd best midfielder?
Should we draft from our VFL list this year?

Who was a bigger disappointment this year?
Gregson or Lang
Murdoch or GHS
Vardy

Who was better this year?
Bews v Ruggles
Cockatoo v McCarthy
Caddy v Guthrie
Stanley v Smith
Taylor v Henderson
Duncan v Motlop
Bartel v Mackie

Who was the most IMPACTFUL 2016 player that arrived at the club.
Clearly PFD was the most talked out. But Impactful - has added the most to the 22 this season?
Smith - ruck work increasing CP at the bounces? Menegola adding 26 touches a game?
Hendo - freeing HT up and taking pressure of Domsy?
Scooter - Making Joel happier?

Discuss amongst you ELITE Podcasters... :p

Go Catters

You might want to update the OP with episodes 5 & 6, to help people find the gold :)

Looking forward to next installment!

You might want to update the OP with episodes 5 & 6, to help people find the gold :)

Looking forward to next installment!
I'll do that tonight when on my laptop

And glad someone knew how many eps had been done! :D

Draft or trade in ..after the successful reboot in 2016 (considering Menegola and Ruggles are bother draft)
Expectations for finals , just how critical is the first final for our hopes this year.
Game plan for the finals v certain clubs...especially the Hawks.
Kersten was given huge credit for his role R1 V Hawks yet he will probably not play V them in finals... so tactically how do we take care of Gibson. Does Henderson play , and if so does he play forward.

Considering the time gap since last time , I challenge you to do this one in 30 minutes Willo ;) Be doing well to get under 60.

Did Guthrie play better in guts or down back?
Is Blicavs becoming insignificant? Average 2016. Needs to find old form or become useful forward or back with his height. Can't win the footy.
Was Kersten's year a success? No
Is Menegola our 3rd best midfielder? Yes - If by 'midfielder' you mean ball winner, there's no argument here. Knows how to find the goals too, good offensive temperament.
Should we draft from our VFL list this year? Who has time to watch VFL? ;)

Who was a bigger disappointment this year?
Gregson or Lang
Murdoch or GHS
Vardy

Gregson, Lang and Vardy will struggle to get a game while we have a full side - doubt they're in the clubs long term plans (Lang maybe), Murdoch and GHS to be moved on?

Who was better this year?
Bews v Ruggles Ruggles
Cockatoo v McCarthy McCarthy
Caddy v Guthrie Draw - Both expected to improve on 2015, didn't for mine / both at peak age and fitness / both disappointing / both upstaged by a 6 gamer in Menegola / both contributed to our midfield woes before Menegola and SS came on board.
Stanley v Smith Draw - Stanley outstanding but incosistent, Smith the big body we've needed for a long time.
Taylor v Henderson Taylor - both brilliant, hard to pick
Duncan v Motlop Duncan
Bartel v Mackie Bartel

If all goes according to plan there will be a podcast recorded in the coming days

So, IS all going according to plan?

Don't mean to pressure you (though it is finals time), it's just that I am really looking forward to the insights (no joke) in the lead-up to the QF.

So, IS all going according to plan?

Don't mean to pressure you (though it is finals time), it's just that I am really looking forward to the insights (no joke) in the lead-up to the QF.
All DID go according to plan :D

I will have something uploaded when I get home from work tonight... have it all ready.. just need to upload it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE POST SEASON PRE FINALS REVIEW

After a long and challenging break the Geelong Board podcast is back!
Joining me this week are board ELITE (that's right dazbroncos ) SJ and Partridge

While there is no footy on this weekend sit back, grab a drink and listen as we take a look briefly back at the home and away season, answer some listener questions, look at our 2016 All Australians and briefly touch on next weeks final

SoundCloud link if it works is HERE
Should be available on iTunes soon

and here is the youtube version for those that use that

ENJOY!!

PS UNDER AN HOUR Turbocat

Last edited:
Great effort again willo SJ Partridge
Special mention to partridge for being able to get his contribution on from the bottom of Bass Strait aboard HMAS tincan...

Great work by all involved.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Great effort again willo SJ Partridge
Special mention to partridge for being able to get his contribution on from the bottom of Bass Strait aboard HMAS tincan...

Great work by all involved.

Go Catters

I thought he was using one of those CIA voice altering devices , certainly had a bit of echo

Listened to it driving to work the other day, good job guys :)
If I had the money I'd buy you some really good mics and preamps. Was Partridge on the phone? Doesn't matter, just pull a bit of bass out of the speakers and it clears up enough anyway.
It's as good as Podcats content wise and way better than the 2 guys 1 cup podcast, which I used to listen to until it dawned that it is just two dudes fake-laughing their way through a bunch of stupid crap, same goes for JunkTime.
Keep it up :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back