Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be something like that in the sanfl back in the early 1970s. The Coca Cola Cup IIRC. Port won it in 1973 after finishing 5th and getting knocked out of the first week in the finals (first year of the final 5). I don't think it lasted long, players weren't interested in playing a post-season cup.
Yes, Port played Torrens in the final, which was the curtain raiser to the Sturt-North preliminary final. It was John Cahill's last game for Port and the first game I saw at Adelaide Oval.

Why does Gerrard Whately like us so much?

He is a Geelong fan, and I think we remind him of Geelong circa 04-06. He's just getting on the train before it leaves the station.

It's rather difficult to work out, but what if Richmond-type run of wins occurs once the team is already ruled out of finals? Would it be fair that they get about the third pick, but actually finish 9th*.

*Lol Richmond finishing 9th.

Yes. It would be totally fair.

If a team is mathematically out of contention for finals, they shouldn't be punished for doing everything they can to win.

If you want to tank, you have to do it while the possibility of making finals is still on the cards.

Taperoo High did have Latin when I went there, but I chose to do German instead.

Seem to remember the school logo having some Latin phrase in it. Might have to dig out the old school bag and have a look.

Did Latin in Years 11 and 12 at Taperoo in mid-60's. Ugh!

"Contende ad Ultima"?, or was that some other school?

Yes. It would be totally fair.

If a team is mathematically out of contention for finals, they shouldn't be punished for doing everything they can to win.

If you want to tank, you have to do it while the possibility of making finals is still on the cards.
Fair enough. It wouldn't sit right with me.

I still like the idea though.

For us non twatter types....it was?

Looks like the tweet has been removed from Hammer's account, but his tweet said something along the lines that Baz should be careful as he would get a couple of weeks for that tap on Robbo's bicep the way the MRP works today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My gut feel is the crows will make the finals.

Richmond and collingwood won't beat the top two sides. West Coast will only just knock off the GC and the Saints will roll over for the spoon.

Got the camries at $5 to make the finals earlier this week. Not that I want to win that bet but if I have to put up with those cocky pricks all week........

Richmond and collingwood won't beat the top two sides. West Coast will only just knock off the GC and the Saints will roll over for the spoon.

Got the camries at $5 to make the finals earlier this week. Not that I want to win that bet but if I have to put up with those cocky pricks all week........
Look on the bright side. If they do happen to win this week, it'll mean they're due for a loss next week.

The answer is simple, Make the season like the NAB cup. Play one game a day until we have played all 198 games of the regular season. Then we ask everyone if they had a good time, make a fire, hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Simples
Stop smoking that sh!t mate :)

Saints will park the bus & go ultra defensive, there's no way they'll win but they will see the opportunity to affect the top 8 as a win for Hayes in his final match.

If they roll over & cop a 120+ loss then Richo clearly isn't the right man for the job because let's face it the Crows aren't good enough & shouldn't even be a chance to finish 8th, they showed last week they could be competitive against Richmond they can do it again.

St Kilda will be awarded their 27th spoon. Isn't that an average of roughly 1 spoon every four years for them? :eek:
Does St. Kilda deserve the spoon more than Melbourne? A Saints win is a win/win for everyone (well - except Crows and Dees fans :)), so I'm hoping for a miracle!!!!!

You've been a senior coach for three years, you absolute spud.

But I guess when you have a list with an A-grade midfield which you wouldn't trade for anyone (Brenton Sanderson, 2014), a forward line which is the envy of the competition (Brenton Sanderson, 2014), the 2014 AA ruckman (Brenton Sanderson, 2014) and the 2014 AA full back (Brenton Sanderson, 2014) and you're still sitting 10th, I guess the problem must be with the coach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back