Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At half time of the Elimination Final I bumped into someone I knew, we were 69 points up at that time and we were discussing the absolute thing of beauty we had been witnessing and I said that if we kept it up we would be looking at a 120-130 point win. Richmond should be kissing our asses that we took our foot off.
89 to 20 points at half time .. biggest ever half time score:) we got that record against Richmond .. love it:)

If we won that game I know people would have been hating me.
Losing is losing....but they were such tools throughout the game that I wanted to kick the crap out of them :).

It was the teasing of Port fans then dobbing them in when they responded in kind that grated....grrr.

Losing is losing....but they were such tools throughout the game that I wanted to kick the crap out of them :).

It was the teasing of Port fans then dobbing them in when they responded in kind that grated....grrr.

See that's crap, if your gonna give it you've got to take it as well.Hawthorn fans are notorious sooks like that.

In the last quarter of that Preliminary Final when we came back hard and frightened the life out of Hawthorn, their fans were dead frozen and wouldn't even look at us. Then when the siren goes they're all jumping out of their seats giving it to us, and I'm just like "Where have you been for the past 15 minutes!? "
I made sure they were looking when I kissed the Power logo on my scarf! Great club, have every right to enjoy and be proud of their back to back flags, but...they know what's coming in 2015! #weareportadelaide

Like the logic.I highly doubt Freo hold any fears for our playing group after the semi final win.A game I will be attending and expecting a win.

Out of curiosity, what gives in Perth re the Dockers and Eagles. Is it laced with anger and hate like here
or just good natured rivalry and roughly the % split of support for each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, what gives in Perth re the Dockers and Eagles. Is it laced with anger and hate like here
or just good natured rivalry and roughly the % split of support for each.
It's a strange one.They hate each other's guts, not to the us/Crows level, but then it gets weird.If one is in the finals and the other isn't ya get a lot of "Cos the Eagles aren't in the finals, I hope the Dockers win so a West Aussie team wins it." Me personally I hate that crap.

It's a strange one.They hate each other's guts, not to the us/Crows level, but then it gets weird.If one is in the finals and the other isn't ya get a lot of "Cos the Eagles aren't in the finals, I hope the Dockers win so a West Aussie team wins it." Me personally I hate that crap.

You reckon...

I don't know what West Coast and Fremantle supporters you know, I reckon it's the exact opposite.

You reckon...

I don't know what West Coast and Fremantle supporters you know, I reckon it's the exact opposite.
I know prob 60/40 of the mix.It's more the older mates who have the whole go WA mentality,the younger ones are the more f.. the one I don't go for and everything about them type of thing.But they do hate each other,I've noticed lately the Eagles fans get more into barracking against the Dockers every week rather then Freo fans doing the same

West Coast weren't formed out of spite to deny Fremantle entry to the AFL. They got in first, so like the Crows here they captured the waiting market on those ready for 'the big league'. Of course they'd be rivals, but there hasn't been the off-field animosity we have here to drive it to sometimes idiotic heights.

As an outsider reading non-WA fans views on them the Eagles are like the Crows (if not worse :eek: ) in regards to having captured those fans who know nothing about football and demand the most inane frees in home games, or boo legitimate ones for the opposition. Strangely Sydney and Brisbane in capturing (albeit smaller numbers) of fans in their respective states first up don't seem to have so many nuff-nuff's. It must be the unique combination of coming from a football state and having just that smidge of football knowledge to think you know it all, when you just know that tiny bit.

I know prob 60/40 of the mix.It's more the older mates who have the whole go WA mentality,the younger ones are the more f.. the one I don't go for and everything about them type of thing.But they do hate each other,I've noticed lately the Eagles fans get more into barracking against the Dockers every week rather then Freo fans doing the same

Bumped into a WCE fan at our open training session last week. Over from Perth and thought he'd have a nosey at us.
He told me that the highlight of 2014 for him was us beating Freo in 1st semi. Reckons the Eagles are good things this
year(Nic Nat full pre-season and another season under Simpson to cement game plan). Reckons WCE will keep crows
out of finals. Said to him "now that would be a highlight for me, get it done and you have paid us back for knocking over Freo"
I said to him "what do you think of us?"
"best team to watch in the AFL doesn't miss any of our games on TV."
Sweet for our sponsors. Be interesting to see our nationwide TV ratings last year.

At the end of the day they are about to go for a three peat , nothing to loose everything to gain.

I'd like US to be in their shoes.

We've already spoiled a four-peat, one step further ;)

The look on Roughhead's face explains it all

The priority #2 pick they got for finishing with 4 wins in 2004, the same year they got barely 11,000 to the MCG to watch the Premiers Elect on their flag journey.

#neverforget

I must admit, I deeply wanted to hate every Hawthorn fan as I walked out of the MCG after that Prelim. But the bastards were so ******* nice and gracious in victory it was ridiculous.

i found this too.

I must admit, I deeply wanted to hate every Hawthorn fan as I walked out of the MCG after that Prelim. But the bastards were so ******* nice and gracious in victory it was ridiculous.
I don't care how nice they are this year - given the same circumstances, I want a different result. If Port finishes a kick short of a grand final again, I'll kick my cat so hard, I'll be in trouble with the RSPCA.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back