Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Amidoingitrite?

No.

I think raptalia has a fair point. It is not completely beyond the realms of possibility that Dangerfield could nominate for the draft. Sure, there is the risk that he wouldn't last until Geelong's pick but in truth he probably would. Do you think our recruiting staff would gamble on a player who was determined to play for another club? If not, why would other clubs? What if Dangerfield sets his terms as 1 year at $1 million. How many clubs are biting at that? The Luke Ball situation was somewhat similar IIRC.

The Crows need to get what they can while they can because losing Dangerfield for nothing would be a total disaster.

Melbourne reportedly ready to snap him up and prepared to pay 1.6 mil per year. If danger then asks for a trade they would get full trade value. It's going to be a fun trade to watch

Melbourne reportedly ready to snap him up and prepared to pay 1.6 mil per year. If danger then asks for a trade they would get full trade value. It's going to be a fun trade to watch
I would love to see a Player Manager get completely rogered by doing something like this - bring it on

Fun fact: Brian Lake, David Hale, Jared Rivers, Beau Waters and Andrew Raines have all retired this year. Think about it.

Could have something to do with the expected El Nino. I'm hoping their respective clubs experience a drought of premierships as a result.

Any team that can pick up Danger should, then trade him a year later to the cats for whatever terms they want. It would be foolish not to. It is a free swing at another first round pick.

Would the AFL approve two separate deals involving one player in the same season? I thought there were rules about multiple dealing.

I cannot recall a high profile player ever going to a club he did not want to be at. Nick Stevens finished at Carlton not Collingwood but he appeared happy enough to be there so one assumes he was sounded out by Carlton before the Draft.

Geelong are not the only ones who are looking to sign players. We are probably in a tougher situation with Charlie Dixon as The Suns have an earlier pick than us and Charlie is not a restricted free agent. I sure hope we are not planning to offer the Suns our two first round picks 2015-16 for him. Ken has indicated he would not be in favour of doing this and I hope we listen to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just find Clarkson the most disrespectful coach. He makes excuses when the Hawks lose to someone and he never actually gives the other team any credit. He is an angry, disrespectful ******. I want us to smash his team into oblivion. I want the Hawks to get a twitch at the thought of playing Port Adelaide.
Although he did say after they lost to us in round 21 that he couldn't understand how a team as talented as Port could be 10-10. I reckon the Hawks respect us more than most other teams - with good reason.

Fun fact: Brian Lake, David Hale, Jared Rivers, Beau Waters and Andrew Raines have all retired this year. Think about it.
On top of all the tears at West Lakes: that's a lot of water.....

Would the AFL approve two separate deals involving one player in the same season? I thought there were rules about multiple dealing.

No I think Melbournes idea would be get one season out of Danger, and if he wants to leave, Geelong have to pay top dollar trade wise fore him.

Bring it on - I'd love to see a player challenge the whole trade/draft system in the courts. Because that's where it would end up if Melbourne tried to pull that stunt. They are just posturing and telling everyone (and by everyone I mean guys like Wines and his manager) that they've got money to spend on top players if they want to join their basketcase of a club.

Bring it on - I'd love to see a player challenge the whole trade/draft system in the courts. Because that's where it would end up if Melbourne tried to pull that stunt. They are just posturing and telling everyone (and by everyone I mean guys like Wines and his manager) that they've got money to spend on top players if they want to join their basketcase of a club.
Why would you want to see that?

I cannot recall a high profile player ever going to a club he did not want to be at. Nick Stevens finished at Carlton not Collingwood but he appeared happy enough to be there so one assumes he was sounded out by Carlton before the Draft.

Geelong are not the only ones who are looking to sign players. We are probably in a tougher situation with Charlie Dixon as The Suns have an earlier pick than us and Charlie is not a restricted free agent. I sure hope we are not planning to offer the Suns our two first round picks 2015-16 for him. Ken has indicated he would not be in favour of doing this and I hope we listen to him.

No, Melbourne's plans would be to keep him, and if he still wanted out, trade him next year.

Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it won't happen.

I think we are trying to be fair with our trades. I think if Geelong offered a 1st rd pick and a player, crow's would be stupid to knock it back. If they offered anything less, it will probably get very messy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back