Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not what I meant. The AFLPA may take a broader view about a club using a player to gain advantage in future deals. The AFLPA is charged with the player's interests and could not be happy about a player being forced to go to a club for for 12 months against his wishes so that the club can swing subsequent deals. They would pressure the AFL to prevent the practice. In any case I am not that sure the AFL would sanction a deal that could be construed as neglection in their 'duty of care'. It has nothing to do with Dangerfield or Geelong. It has everything to do with Melbourne exploiting an AFL player.

if a player is happy with a 10 million offer and is happy to go to Melbourne there is no problem. The problem occurs if he is forced there against his wishes and Melbourne only intend to keep him on their books to do a deal in twelve months time.

What Phhht and Demon inda sack said + it's Dangerfield that's manipulating the draft. His manager sent a message to all clubs that finished below Geelong saying if you pick him he'll only play for a year.

If Geelong and Dangerfield want to be together so badly, the draft would be the last resort, not a threat as Geelong seem to be using it as

How do you spell hypocrite? R-I-C-C-I-U-T-O.
It's getting a bit crazy for the hypocrisy over there. It's so blatant now they've stopped even pretending.

That is not what I meant. The AFLPA may take a broader view about a club using a player to gain advantage in future deals. The AFLPA is charged with the player's interests and could not be happy about a player being forced to go to a club for for 12 months against his wishes so that the club can swing subsequent deals. They would pressure the AFL to prevent the practice. In any case I am not that sure the AFL would sanction a deal that could be construed as neglection in their 'duty of care'. It has nothing to do with Dangerfield or Geelong. It has everything to do with Melbourne exploiting an AFL player.

if a player is happy with a 10 million offer and is happy to go to Melbourne there is no problem. The problem occurs if he is forced there against his wishes and Melbourne only intend to keep him on their books to do a deal in twelve months time.
The AFLPA can jam it up their arse as far as I am concerned - the game is bigger than the individual - all this rhetoric about the players putting on the show, rah, rah, is over the top. Players are well compensated for their efforts, every year they want to screw the game a bit more & together with the AFL they will eventually * community footy over for good.

Player Agents are in the main a disease and a blight on the game. I dare Comnors to stick Dangerfield into the PSD and see what happens.

Free Agency has created an enormous disparity between the have and have nots - equalisation only works through a fair an equitable draft - lose that and it becomes the Premier League

Free agency good
paying at least 95% of the cap bad restricted free agent good
Unrestricted bad
Compensation bad
Development pathways for juniors bad
Players salary being hidden bad
Academies for northerners good
Father son rules for interstate clubs deplorable
Afl and equalization does not exist sorry to inform you and will not exist while the game is controlled by the existing gentry there are to many sycophantic media people and executives in afl house with too many ties to the old vfl clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free agency good
paying at least 95% of the cap bad restricted free agent good
Unrestricted bad
Compensation bad
Development pathways for juniors bad
Players salary being hidden bad
Academies for northerners good
Father son rules for interstate clubs deplorable
Afl and equalization does not exist sorry to inform you and will not exist while the game is controlled by the existing gentry there are to many sycophantic media people and executives in afl house with too many ties to the old vfl clubs.

You remind me of this guy atm

The-Simpsons-Season-4-Episode-5-3-d061.jpg

Pyke may turn out to be a good coach for all I know but at this stage the excitement his name generates would be on par with a new hemorrhoid cream hitting the shelves.

Feel a bit sorry for Jed Adcock getting delisted because he was told by Brisbane they are going down a youth path and now they have confirmed their interest in Stevie J.
Hands up all those who would buy a used car from Justin Leppitsch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back