Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

one of the many lame E3 round up videos I watched summed up how I think so many people view Nintendo for reasons I personally don't get, I think they are just stuck in the past. They spent 10 out of 11 minutes frothing over everything to do with Tomb Raider and Rainbow Six and Xbox and Halo and all this stuff that's been around forever, nothing cool in any of these returning franchises, just the standard FPS action, Tomb Raider just looked like a movie, I mean there's no actual gaming. Then they get to Nintendo and say "nothing new here you know, Mario, Zelda, the same old but the fans love it" etc.... like the agenda here is just so noticeable, isn't it? or are people just that stupid? Mario Maker is the most original thing at E3 isn't it? not to say it's awesome but I mean it's not just a Mario game and Mario games are never just that anyway, not when you treat them as their own games like a gamer should. when it becomes about fashion and what's cool like music has, the opinion of the idiot takes over which is pretty sad.
Nintendo isn't cool for most people. It's as simple as that.

I'd be more than willing to bet that if Nintendo games had COD, Halo type looks to them they'd be much more popular. They look kiddy so people ignore or look down on them despite the generally superior gameplay.

one of the many lame E3 round up videos I watched summed up how I think so many people view Nintendo for reasons I personally don't get, I think they are just stuck in the past. They spent 10 out of 11 minutes frothing over everything to do with Tomb Raider and Rainbow Six and Xbox and Halo and all this stuff that's been around forever, nothing cool in any of these returning franchises, just the standard FPS action, Tomb Raider just looked like a movie, I mean there's no actual gaming. Then they get to Nintendo and say "nothing new here you know, Mario, Zelda, the same old but the fans love it" etc.... like the agenda here is just so noticeable, isn't it? or are people just that stupid? Mario Maker is the most original thing at E3 isn't it? not to say it's awesome but I mean it's not just a Mario game and Mario games are never just that anyway, not when you treat them as their own games like a gamer should. when it becomes about fashion and what's cool like music has, the opinion of the idiot takes over which is pretty sad.

Top ten things to do at E3

7. Being condescending about Nintendo

I think people are just sick of Nintendo not pushing graphics to the limits and taking massive shortcuts time after time.

I think people are just sick of Nintendo not pushing graphics to the limits and taking massive shortcuts time after time.

What part of Mario Kart 8 seems like a shortcut, other than the parts on the track that are quite literally such things?

Huh? How does that prove that the Mario games for Wii U weren't?

Please. The only time people seriously thought 3D World was an up-ressed 3D Land was when it was revealed.

Complaining that the NSMB series contains similar points is being a bit too obvious.

The only thing 'pushing graphics to the limit' will do is cause Nintendo to run at a loss. Does that seem like good business to you?

By not doing so, Nintendo actually gets the time to squeeze everything out of what they have - the exact opposite of a shortcut.

Please. The only time people seriously thought 3D World was an up-ressed 3D Land was when it was revealed.

Complaining that the NSMB series contains similar points is being a bit too obvious.

The only thing 'pushing graphics to the limit' will do is cause Nintendo to run at a loss. Does that seem like good business to you?

By not doing so, Nintendo actually gets the time to squeeze everything out of what they have - the exact opposite of a shortcut.

It disappointed a lot of people. It may have pleased some. That's nice for them.

I personally think they've taken too many shortcuts. I can't be bothered explaining all the reasons why. But this year was disappointed even though expectations were low. That's saying something.

It disappointed a lot of people. It may have pleased some. That's nice for them.

I personally think they've taken too many shortcuts. I can't be bothered explaining all the reasons why. But this year was disappointed even though expectations were low. That's saying something.

Look, they cannot compete with Sony in technological terms. Sony is willing to take a loss on hardware, has other arms of their company that can back this investment. and has a well established base for their console. This is why both Microsoft and Nintendo are shifting the ways their consoles work.

If you played 3D World and were still disappointed with the game you got, that is your fault. It is a fantastic game.

Look, they cannot compete with Sony in technological terms. Sony is willing to take a loss on hardware, has other arms of their company that can back this investment. and has a well established base for their console. This is why both Microsoft and Nintendo are shifting the ways their consoles work.

If you played 3D World and were still disappointed with the game you got, that is your fault. It is a fantastic game.
Yes it was a fantastic game all mario games are but it was slightly disappointing after playing the 3ds 3d mario land, just felt like a bigger version with cats which is fine I guess I just expected better.

Nintendo biggest poison is Miyamoto, the sooner him and Iwata are gone the better.

Yes it was a fantastic game all mario games are but it was slightly disappointing after playing the 3ds 3d mario land, just felt like a bigger version with cats which is fine I guess I just expected better.

Nintendo biggest poison is Miyamoto, the sooner him and Iwata are gone the better.

Iwata is leading the way towards NX, which, if it is what they have been suggesting it is, looks like another good move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iwata is leading the way towards NX, which, if it is what they have been suggesting it is, looks like another good move.
I'm not as critical of Iwata as others are, he has over seen a very successful period for Nintendo. I just feel Nintendo need a complete over haul to how they think, too many old heads like Sony had with the Kutaragi era.

Yep, can never forget what he's done for the industry and Nintendo but it's painful to see his opinion and narrowed mind sets towards modern gaming.

I'm not as critical of Iwata as others are, he has over seen a very successful period for Nintendo. I just feel Nintendo need a complete over haul to how they think, too many old heads like Sony had with the Kutaragi era.

What point would there be in sacking Iwata just as he's about to launch something that is likely to change the industry or, at the very least, the company?

I just pointed out the major reason he'll be staying. Please answer my question.
Thats hardly a reason or him to stay, they will just make the same mistakes again and have another failed console. The need a whole new mind set if they want to get back third parties and draw in a new audience, for that to happen the new to get rid of the old heads at the company. If they stuff up here its gonna be a decade of hell for Nintendo.

Thats hardly a reason or him to stay, they will just make the same mistakes again and have another failed console. The need a whole new mind set if they want to get back third parties and draw in a new audience, for that to happen the new to get rid of the old heads at the company. If they stuff up here its gonna be a decade of hell for Nintendo.

How can you say this before you even see what NX is? It is entirely nonsensical.

"Sorry Mr Miyamoto but we're letting you go. You just made too many good games, your track record is phenomenal but if we are to go forward we dont need your amazing games"

lol surely a joke.

Miyamoto doesnt run Nintendo. Iwata I agree with though.

"Sorry Mr Miyamoto but we're letting you go. You just made too many good games, your track record is phenomenal but if we are to go forward we dont need your amazing games"

lol surely a joke.

Miyamoto doesnt run Nintendo. Iwata I agree with though.

You know Miyamoto, he is a superstar at the cracker factory.

7 years since the last Rainbow Six game.

2 years after the reboot of Tomb Raider, in which that was 5 years after the last Tomb Raider game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back