Which player are you most worried about leaving your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

So when does Jake Melksham go to North Melbourne and Chris Dawes to Geelong?

why are you wanting to start a fight? :D

No room at this inn…

GO Catters

I was a bit worried about Cameron leaving until boyd went to the dogs. Now I'm fairly certain he'll stay. Good to hear coniglio is staying too

Brad Hill and Angus Litherland.

Hill may be tempted to go to Freo and play with his brother (though hopefully it goes the other way) and I think Litherland will catch some attention from other clubs.

Hill may be tempted to go to Freo and play with his brother (though hopefully it goes the other way) and I think Litherland will catch some attention from other clubs.
Stephen has signed until the end of 2019. For the record I don't believe Brad will come home, looks settled at the Hawks.

Brendan Whitecross. Becomes a free agent next year and might look for a fresh start after being injury ravaged at Hawthorn.

Will be hard for him to get best 22 too.

Hope he doesn't leave
Lots of potential in that kid, you just want to see him out on the park...for whoever that may be

Stephen has signed until the end of 2019. For the record I don't believe Brad will come home, looks settled at the Hawks.

Okay, wasn't sure on Stephen's contract.

I hope you're right about Brad. I think he will stay but I fully expect that Freo will make a play for him when his contract is up.

Okay, wasn't sure on Stephen's contract.

I hope you're right about Brad. I think he will stay but I fully expect that Freo will make a play for him when his contract is up.

I think the Melbourne lifestyle suits Brad. He's far more outgoing than his brother.

As it stands, we have pretty decent outside runner/winger types on our list. There are the older guys in Pearce and Mzungu who play their role quite well but have only a few years left at the top level.

However, the younger brigade is well set-up. Stephen is just hitting his prime and is reaching an elite level. Crozier has shown a bit as a pacey HF rotating through the middle to suggest he could be an exciting prospect in coming years. Our latest first round pick in Weller seems to be being groomed for a wingman role in the future.

Losing Josh Simpson hurt us in this area but it's not exactly something we are crying out for as a team. To land brad we'd have to give up too much to the Hawks and probably a decent salary as well.

Hill signed a 2-year extension in May just last year

Written in May 2014
Hawthorn have re-signed premiership star Brad Hill for an additional two seasons.
Hill was due to come out of contract at the end of next year but the contract extension means he will now be a Hawk until 2017 at least.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...ension-that-will-tie-him-to-hawks-until-2017/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill signed a 2-year extension in May just last year

Written in May 2014

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...ension-that-will-tie-him-to-hawks-until-2017/
I think one thing the last trade period taught us is that contracts really don't mean a great deal anymore. If a player wants to move on the it is in the clubs best interest to do so and in most cases the club will first state that they are required player and wont be trading them but then when push comes to shove it will happen. I'm not speaking purely on Brad Hill as someone said before hand that he seems very happy in Melbourne, more of a broad picture statement.

I think one thing the last trade period taught us is that contracts really don't mean a great deal anymore. If a player wants to move on the it is in the clubs best interest to do so and in most cases the club will first state that they are required player and wont be trading them but then when push comes to shove it will happen. I'm not speaking purely on Brad Hill as someone said before hand that he seems very happy in Melbourne, more of a broad picture statement.
I agree, to be honest. I guess I see players on contracts more likely to leave when they've been on a long-term one for a while and perhaps the environment around them has changed, things have become stale etc rather than a bloke who just recently signed an extension, that's all.

Dahlhaus. Unsigned, was reportedly unhappy at the end of 2014, the club obviously has to win him back

Tim Broomhead.

Think he will be Adelaide (either club but most likely Port) bound in 2 years.

Why is that? There was talk late last year he was Considering going Home but decided to stay and I think in 2 years he could be 1 of our Better Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back