List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to start stringing a few sentences together before he gets a leadership role.
Exactly..but remember how awkward and blushy Gablett was in his younger days? Boys grow into men.

Emac has grown & matured this year , hes deffinately in AA contention . That interview shows how level headed he is.
imagine how good he will be in 2-3 years time.

Why obvious? Specifically in relation to his superiority over Emac.

Personality for one, Hurn is more verbally literate and has some decent gravitas, something we've missed since Cousins/ Judd. Plus Mackenzie is a lock down player more than anything else. He's got a limited role, Hurn gets up the ground further and more involved in decisive plays.

We need someone with a violent streak.

427655-patrick-mcginnity.jpg

??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I think of Hurn I think of a bloke in a checkered shirt and thongs chopping wood in the country pausing to skull a horrible beer maybe a VB in about 1.5 seconds flat......thats right he drinks it flat and warm. 2 border collies run past barking. He tells them to shut the $%*^ up. He wipes the sweat of his forehead and looks up.....a wedge tailed eagle soars overhead and he mutters under his breath "its my time. Its BUNGA time" A captain is born. He would fit the Eagles well I feel reminds me of an 85-95 type captain which I like.

When I think of Hurn I think of a bloke in a checkered shirt and thongs chopping wood in the country pausing to skull a horrible beer maybe a VB in about 1.5 seconds flat......thats right he drinks it flat and warm. 2 border collies run past barking. He tells them to shut the $%*^ up. He wipes the sweat of his forehead and looks up.....a wedge tailed eagle soars overhead and he mutters under his breath "its my time. Its BUNGA time" A captain is born. He would fit the Eagles well I feel reminds me of an 85-95 type captain which I like.

Had a genuine lol :thumbsu:

I've been saying Hurn since 2008.

I'd be happy to listen to other alternatives but I don't believe Scott Selwood is one.
Selwood is way too negative and pessimistic to be a captain. He always seems down on himself. We need a man with aura to captain our club. For me there's only two on the list: Beau Waters and Naitanui. Nic Nat Probably needed another solid year or two under his belt to get it by next season. But Waters has a presence. Who cares if he's injured next year. Our team always plays bigger and better when he's on the ground. He's great in front of the media. He's great with fans. If he's injured next year so be it, rotate it again so our leaders can grow further until there's another standout Captain.

I'd be content to happy with Hurn as he's the next best after Waters.

that was beautiful :cry:. I vote Bunga

Hurn is the stand out contender for me. If he was able to play more regularly than Beau Waters would have been my first choice.

If it was a midfielder I'd say Priddis.

Darling is a future captain if he can keep away from trouble I think.

Back