Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Take the jizzfest to the st Kilda board

you have read about Jed Anderson right…:rolleyes:

Everyone does it. Don't claim immunity. Please.

Go Catters

you have read about Jed Anderson right…:rolleyes:

Everyone does it. Don't claim immunity. Please.

Go Catters

Spot On - Everyone on here has Gone on how Great there Picks have been in the Last Draft.

So @daniel32 don’t take the High Route

Spot On - Everyone on here has Gone on how Great there Picks have been in the Last Draft.

and while im at it.

all the Cats recruits suck and will be delisted in 2 years :D

But seriously, NC5 looks as good as the hype so far.

Dean Gore looking a bit slower but could be very good for us.

Corey Gregson a livewire. Follow him with interest and although GFC have not been ones to play their year 1 rookies very often, these are three that could definitely see AFL games this year.

Go Catters

Did you see him today, bloody hell! :eek: It seemed like he had a direct hand in every one of our goals! (Actually registered 4 goal assists- no-one else in the game had more than 1). He is one of those who just makes things happen with pretty much every touch and who has a precision instrument on the end of his left leg. So smart and crafty it's not funny. Ended up with 17 possies (at 82% efficiency, with no clangers), 5 inside 50's, 4 GA's and a goal. Goes in really hard too.

As well as what he did in the finals last year, he averaged the highest number of Supercoach points per game of anyone in Division 1 at the champs last year, more than the likes of Petracca, Daniel and co., with an average of 129 per game, also winning the MVP award for Vic Country. Yet another to slide due to being sub-175cm.

Really liked what I saw from Hugh Goddard down back today as well, he didn't look out of place at all against the likes of McKernan and Giles and just kept on getting his fist to everything (had a game-high 10 1%-ers- next best had just 5). Could play immediately by the looks of it as he is already a big unit. Super-competitive.

Also really impressed with a few of the things Jack Sinclair (pick 1 in the rookie draft) did. Kicked a goal from a snap in a pack within about a minute of being subbed on and then looked like Sam Mitchell with a play late in the game, when he worked his way through traffic really well, evaded a tackle and then made a last moment switch to his (non-preferred) left foot, to put the ball out to our advantage on the wing. Looked very natural doing it, just like Mitchell does. Expecting to see him sometime this year as well.

ARR , anyone you think playing above expected? I will be interested to see the teams when they start playing each other in real games. Always nice to see a kid surprise you.

Saw Lonie playing in the champs last year and know how good he was over two years in the TAC Cup, so I knew how good he was, but I wasn't expecting to see him do so well for us so soon, given how small he is (not just 174cm, but very light as well) and also given that he missed a month or so of training in January. He's been a very pleasant surprise and McCartin and Goddard have apparently barely missed a beat this preseason and are meant to be very professional and dedicated, so that has helped them to be able to look good at the level immediately.

Goddard yesterday looked like he'd been playing for 5 years already I thought. Is big, strong, agile and athletic and competed extremely well, so I see no reason why he couldn't play a fair bit this year if needed. Could even free Fisher up to play the Enright type role again. He's going to be some sort of unit in a couple of years time, once he fills out that ample frame even more!

Sinclair is another one that could surprise a bit, but he impressed Ayres and co. at Port Melbourne so much in the VFL last year as the "23rd man" that they tried to get him to stay there for the rest of the year, so he is probably slightly more advanced than many who have come through the TAC Cup, being that year older. Given how many long term injuries we have already, he could be elevated pretty early on if needed.

Looking forward to seeing Cockatoo for you guys this year. Had we traded for pick 7 he is one that I would have been very excited had we drafted with that pick, as he brings so much to the table that we could really do with.

Goddard yesterday looked like he'd been playing for 5 years already I thought. Is big, strong, agile and athletic and competed extremely well, so I see no reason why he couldn't play a fair bit this year if needed. Could even free Fisher up to play the Enright type role again. He's going to be some sort of unit in a couple of years time, once he fills out that ample frame even more!

Did look good vs the Bombers yesterday.

De Goey looked similar when he played vs the Hawks. Looked like he been playing AFL for a Few Years already as he did not look Intimidated at all

Yeah De Goey is strongly built and ought to be able to play up forward in particular this year without too many troubles. Really liked the look of him at the champs last year and hear we rated him extremely highly at the draft.

De Goey is sounding like the Type that was Rated lot Higher by Clubs. Then Media and Fans did.

I heard a Rumour night before the draft it was Posted that the Cats had De Goey as number 1 on there Draft Board. Don’t know IF true but there was bit of talk of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey is sounding like the Type that was Rated lot Higher by Clubs. Then Media and Fans did.

I heard a Rumour night before the draft it was Posted that the Cats had De Goey as number 1 on there Draft Board. Don’t know IF true but there was bit of talk of that

It would have been Geelong had 4 or 5 they knew would gone not on there list. No way in hell did anyone rate De Goey higher than McCartin Brayshaw or Pettracca.

It would have been Geelong had 4 or 5 they knew would gone not on there list. No way in hell did anyone rate De Goey higher than McCartin Brayshaw or Pettracca.

How can you know that for 100% Sure?

Stephen Wells does thing bit Different - Though you could be right saying that De Goey was the Highest on there Board who they thought could get to them so Rating in the 4-5 Area could be right

Wells has openly come out and said he had Menzel as #1 on there draft board.
He did tear it up in the games he played at champs.
Wells does seems to really rate the Menzel the Clans footballing abilities.
He certainly does things differently. Has worked well for him tho.

I don't think Wells rated the 14 draft in some ways. To swap 25 for Stanley when they where not in that bad shape in the Ruck. Is strange when there list is already in need some more young talent.
He was also very keen to get higher up in the Order of the draft.
Something very un wells like. He usually backs himself from which ever pick.

I don't think Wells rated the 14 draft in some ways. To swap 25 for Stanley when they where not in that bad shape in the Ruck. Is strange when there list is already in need some more young talent.

Given the players they lost in the trade period, Geelong traded up for Pickett but it didn't work out. Cockatoo is speculative but it could work out.

We what? Have you actually watched Geelong play football recently? A luck of rucks, and relying on makeshift rucks has been a large part of ruining our last 2 year's finals campaigns, and McIntosh, Simpson and Vardy all have significant injury problems and are among the least durable rucks in the afl. We needed a quality ruckman as a high priority, now whether Stanley is a quality ruckman is a bigger question that will be answered this year, but if we were going to trade a pick for anything, it was always going to be a ruckman.

As for Cockatoo I think you will find that was more tactical as they knew WC were very keen at 11, so they knew they needed a pick ahead of that if they were to get him.

My feelings on this last draft were that we may not see the absolute top end A-Grade talent come from it but that there will be many players forging 100-200 game careers from it .

A good deep draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back