World Cup Semi Final 2 Thursday July 11; England v Australia @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cummins has a solid odi record coming in and bowled well in the first 4 games, worry was how quickly teams figured out if you get through his first 3-4 overs you can really target him, he was a liability after his first spell.
He was putrid, asked no questions what so ever, I don't think we can play him in the ashes ahead of Pattinson (massive favorite of mine) or the Dorf, then we have Stanlake.

Commiserations. We played better on the day. Your side isn't as good as it was in the last WC, ours has improved significantly. It's just way things go in sport. No doubt will be different again in four years.

Cummins has never been a good ODI player. Great Test cricketer but very ordinary in the short form game.

Anyone who says he doesn't play Ashes due to ODI form simply has no clue about cricket. The single most idiotic statement I've read for a long time.
You mustn't proof read your own work then.

Cummins has been worked out, even lesser nations took to him, he couldn't adapt, McGrath did, Pattinson is a nasty 'I want to hurt' you bowler, would push off the fence against his Nana in the Xmas back yard test match, that's what will win us the Ashes, not Cummins lol.

In case you guys are blind the Poms pace attack makes ours look like pop guns.

He was putrid, asked no questions what so ever, I don't think we can play him in the ashes ahead of Pattinson (massive favorite of mine) or the Dorf, then we have Stanlake.
It would be suicidal not playing Cummins in the Ashes. Of course he’ll play. He’s just about our most destructive fast bowler in tests.

The Ashes is a different kettle altogether. By all accounts, Pattinson has been lethal on the A tour. It's not likely we'll pick the same pace battery for every test so Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, Pattinson, Bird and Siddle all may get an outing. There's even talk that J. Richardson is looking very promising in his recovery. Really though, it's stupid batting collapses that have cost us in recent overseas Ashes tours.

The Australian All Rounder is overrated, done.
There’s no need for them. Have a batsman that’s either average and as a bowler not enough power. We overrely on such types .
Time to play a batter in his place and a bowler replacing say a Maxwell. Had the wrong spread of batters tonight.
Mitch marsh isn’t enough and Stoinis is awful. Cancel them out and add Hazlewood, who we desperately needed at times. Maxwell then gets replaced by a batter in form- Say Wade.

You mustn't proof read your own work then.

Cummins has been worked out, even lesser nations took to him, he couldn't adapt, McGrath did, Pattinson is a nasty 'I want to hurt' you bowler, would push off the fence against his Nana in the Xmas back yard test match, that's what will win us the Ashes, not Cummins lol.

In case you guys are blind the Poms pace attack makes ours look like pop guns.

Great points, all the fan boys can STFU about Cummings being better than McGrath. He may get there but not in the same class now.

Cummins is the first quick picked for the tests you might as well say bring in finch over ussie for the ashes because he had a better wc.
Mate, Cummins won't even play the first test IMO, Stark and Hazlewood are no brainers, if Pattinson gets through the next A game he comes in, not sure what Stanlake's up to but if fit he'll be considered as well.

Balance is key as well, Cummins and Hazlewood are very similar.

Mate, Cummins won't even play the first test IMO, Stark and Hazlewood are no brainers, if Pattinson gets through the next A game he comes in, not sure what Stanlake's up to but if fit he'll be considered as well.

Balance is key as well, Cummins and Hazlewood are very similar.

Stanlake hasn't played a match of any description since mid-March and only four FC games in total. He's way too far down the pecking order at present.

Cracks me up when people say 'he isn't a ODI bowler' 'he's a test bowler', if you can bowl you bowl, sometimes a bowler needs to stop runs, sometimes he needs mix things up, sometimes he needs to keep someone on strike, sometimes he needs to forget about taking a wicket etc etc.

Cummins did none of that, may as well had a bowling machine out their called Pat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracks me up when people say 'he isn't a ODI bowler' 'he's a test bowler', if you can bowl you bowl, sometimes a bowler needs to stop runs, sometimes he needs mix things up, sometimes he needs to keep someone on strike, sometimes he needs to forget about taking a wicket etc etc.

Cummins did none of that, may as well had a bowling machine out their called Pat.
I think you’re trying too hard and making a fool of yourself in the process. Of course Cummins plays. I sincerely hope the selectors aren’t insane enough to leave him out of the Ashes.

Finch's speech was like he was happy he won a participation award for being in the world cup. We make a semi final of a world cup you need to do everything possible to win it. You dont play handscomb who soils himself against pace bowling when you already have maxwell and Stoiness who need to wear nappys when they bat. You dont choose to bat on a wicket that has been covered for three days and will have moisture in the pitch knowing when it dries out will be easier to bat on. You make a 1st ball duck when it counts. Time to be honest apologise for embarrassing Australian cricket and take the gnome who pretends to be a coach with you. Maxwell is all the characters of the wizard of oz in one no heart, no brain and no courage. Stoiness is the same but without the talent.
The weirdest part about Handscombs innings is he didn't go out sooner.

Nothing to feel bad my Aussie fans, you guys are five times world champions. You are the Brazil of Cricket. There is no Germany or Italy yet. We are Argentina, West Indies is France. Sirlanka & Porkis are England & Spain. But Now England will be England, they will get their cup.

The best coaches are insane, just saying....

He gets nowhere near my Ashes 11 especially if Pattinson is fit.
Cummins definitely plays, but I wouldn't be opposed to Pattinson if someone gets injured or completely loses their form in the nets. I remember liking Pattinson once upon a time. I thought he'd be one of our main bowlers for sure. And then he disappeared and never came back. Now I'm kinda suspicicious.

This game was lost before the first ball.

Competitive sport is not about walking around the ground with no shoes on to “feel the energy of the ground” and WC semi finals are not “just a game of cricket”.

Holistic hippie mantras have no place in competitive sport.

New coach please

poms way too good. I didn't like the chances of beating them twice on their home deck. Wouldn't have mattered even if e beat SA and avoided them until the final ( provided we beat NZ ) Poms would have won it regardless.

NZ will lose a final against a host nation in their backyard two world cups running.

This game was lost before the first ball.

Competitive sport is not about walking around the ground with no shoes on to “feel the energy of the ground” and WC semi finals are not “just a game of cricket”.

Holistic hippie mantras have no place in competitive sport.

New coach please
yeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

:drunk:

The weirdest part about Handscombs innings is he didn't go out sooner.
He was batting one spot too high. A top 4 batsmen really needs to be able to bat against the new ball whereas Handscomb was picked for the middle overs (25-35). The batting lineup would have been much more balanced with Wade at 3 or 4 and an out of form Stoinis omitted.

In general I'm a fan of consistency of selection and backing guys in, but feel the chickens came home to roost with the continued selection of Stoinis and Lyon.

But the reality is England are a superior team and their best far outperformed Australia's keys on the day.

How good is Woakes? I remember having an argument with someone on here after the first Aus-Eng match who was trying to claim he was a hack... hope you enjoyed that one mate :thumbsu: :p Delicious swing bowling and pace was impressive.

Back