World Cup Semi Final 2 Thursday July 11; England v Australia @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel a bit for Handscomb, can't be easy called up into the cauldron like that but looked out of his depth.

Just atrociously unlucky to lose two consistent and reliable ODI performers like Khawaja and Marsh at the same time.

Welll that was comprehensive. Sadly we could've really used Khawaja last night at first or second drop to steady the ship. Mind you I doubt we could've put on the 320+ it would've required to win that one. Full credit to England: They really lifted when it mattered.

Now, onto the Ashes!

Meh, we shot ourselves in the foot with that. Why would we pick Handscomb over Wade. What was Stoinis doing there full stop. Gg England.

On a side note how embarrassing is that ad for the Ashes about smashing the poms on their own turf? It’s like the broadcasters haven’t got a clue that we haven’t won there since 2001 and always play dismally there. All we can hope for is a tight contest and maybe pull off a close win but we won’t be smashing anyone.

Disgraceful selections lost us that game before it even began. Stoinis and Maxwell should never, ever play for Australia again. Some serious questions need to be asked of Langer and Ponting. Morons.

Mind you, in all honesty we over performed in the group stages this WC. 4th is about where we are. Doesn't stop our selections being poor though.

Finch's speech was like he was happy he won a participation award for being in the world cup. We make a semi final of a world cup you need to do everything possible to win it. You dont play handscomb who soils himself against pace bowling when you already have maxwell and Stoiness who need to wear nappys when they bat. You dont choose to bat on a wicket that has been covered for three days and will have moisture in the pitch knowing when it dries out will be easier to bat on. You make a 1st ball duck when it counts. Time to be honest apologise for embarrassing Australian cricket and take the gnome who pretends to be a coach with you. Maxwell is all the characters of the wizard of oz in one no heart, no brain and no courage. Stoiness is the same but without the talent.
Batting first was absolutely the right thing to do. Especially in a World Cup Semi Final.

Look at India. They couldn't chase down 240.

Suggesting Cummins doesn’t play in the Ashes is hilarious toys out of the cot stuff. Nothing more.

I suspect England will beat them, but come on New Zealand. Them winning would make me smile.

Why does everyone hate Clarke as a commentator so much? He’s far less unbearable than Slater and actually stays on topic most of the time. Occasionally makes some insightful comments too.

His voice is extremely annoying. Bit like ricciuto. And he has that subtle twinge of bogan accent

In general I'm a fan of consistency of selection and backing guys in, but feel the chickens came home to roost with the continued selection of Stoinis and Lyon.

But the reality is England are a superior team and their best far outperformed Australia's keys on the day.

How good is Woakes? I remember having an argument with someone on here after the first Aus-Eng match who was trying to claim he was a hack... hope you enjoyed that one mate :thumbsu: :p Delicious swing bowling and pace was impressive.

Just coming along Euston Road and saw a massive poster for the World Cup. They've got a team full of stars and bloody Mark Wood is the only one on the poster. Who chose that? Woakes and Archer are way better than that chancer.

The game will be on Free to Air on Sunday in England so I hope that fans who don't know the game exists see a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, Cummins won't even play the first test IMO, Stark and Hazlewood are no brainers, if Pattinson gets through the next A game he comes in, not sure what Stanlake's up to but if fit he'll be considered as well.

Balance is key as well, Cummins and Hazlewood are very similar.

Cummins is the best bowler in Australia, he is playing. Starc is completely useless in England and I really hope Richardson is fit and they leave him out, if Starc plays all 5 Tests we are not going to win, he's just not effective out there for the most part and even in form I'd only like to see him on a flat wicket at Lords.

Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson and then Richardson should be our main pace options with Starc next in line.

Well what a s**t show that was. If anyone would like to read my upcoming thread on our Players this tournament feel free to.

Well Frank can never show his face on 'Indian Cricket Fans.Com' again after rubbing copious amounts of salt into Indian wounds last night.

Reckon I'd have 10,000 alerts by now.
I’ve copped far more grief from Indians than poms over this result, for similar reasons.

Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and congratulate the opposition. This wasn't a lucky win by England - they bullied us from ball one, and executed their game plan ruthlessly. If they play like that in the final, they'll be bloody hard to beat.

Extremely happy with the win, didnt even think the other week we were even going to make the Semis
Unlucky guys, been pretty good this tournament but just wasn't your day.
I'm sure you will all be supporting us againt the Kiwis :D
Was on the cards. We kept selecting Stoinis who is not good enough against top class bowling on different surfaces - flat track bully and if you can't pick a wrongun at international level you shouldn't be playing.

Maxwell - as Athers said - often plays shot of the day, rarely plays innings of the day. Another really poor dismissal - loss of concentration when we could least afford it.

Handscomb does not have a technique for international cricket in England.

All that said, high quality bowling (and batting) from your guys exploited the weaknesses.

Perhaps wont be supporting you against the Kiwis though 🤔. However, can't see you losing.

All that said, high quality bowling (and batting) from your guys exploited the weaknesses.

Perhaps wont be supporting you against the Kiwis though 🤔. However, can't see you losing.
I haven't seen us bowl like that for a very long time

Back