WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly none of you WRFL fanboys know anything about football. Some of the rubbish you are posting is beyond me. I suggest you all go watch a few games from different leagues like I do and broaden your knowledge of football. Doutta stars are playing St Albans in a practise match this friday so we will see which league is better. I really don't know why I'm trying to have a reasonable conversation about football with all you blokes that clearly can't see beyond your own club or league.
Go Jets 2013

Since when has anyone taken into account what happens in practise matches prediction, shows how little you know about footy. I'm not a one eyed EDFL supporter I guarantee I know more about footy than you. Geelong league would get no where near EDFL. Only side that could match it with top 3 in EDFL is Yarrawonga. I'm talking facts your talking the sh*t!!
Go Jets 2013
Clearly none of you WRFL fanboys know anything about football. Some of the rubbish you are posting is beyond me. I suggest you all go watch a few games from different leagues like I do and broaden your knowledge of football. Doutta stars are playing St Albans in a practise match this friday so we will see which league is better. I really don't know why I'm trying to have a reasonable conversation about football with all you blokes that clearly can't see beyond your own club or league.
Go Jets 2013
From both an EDFL and Greenvale person, stop it, you're making the rest of us look bad. I don't think anyone is arguing that the EDFL is a higher standard so I'm not quite sure what your point is?

On another subject, was out at Point Cook yesterday and couldn't believe the new set-up they have there. Best local footy facilities probably in Melbourne. Some on the VAFA board are saying they have spent $26M on the complex - how does the rest of the teams feel that they have spent that much on one club?
Surely, there would be a push from the WRFL to get them across.

On another subject, was out at Point Cook yesterday and couldn't believe the new set-up they have there. Best local footy facilities probably in Melbourne. Some on the VAFA board are saying they have spent $26M on the complex - how does the rest of the teams feel that they have spent that much on one club?
Surely, there would be a push from the WRFL to get them across.

Just to clarify, the money mentioned is for the FULL complex which includes 2 footy/cricket grassed ovals, a synthetic footy/cricket oval (controlled by council to hire out), 3 soccer pitches and 8 tennis courts, it is not just for the footy club. I do agree, it is a fantastic facility and probably the best sporting complex in the west

Anyone get down to watch St Albans and Doutta Stars ? Was it last night ?

Deer Park playing an intra club tonight im lead to believe.

Yarraville Seddon played Mulwala last weekend and got up by a couple of goals.

Anyone have any praccy games on this weekend ?

Anyone got any updates on clubs like North Footscray and Albion.. very quiet on here at the moment.

North struggling! picked up some good players but the depth is not there and lost far to many for the new recruits to replace and strengthen the side. Could lose their under 18's aswell.

Albion last i heard where at a better spot then they were at pre xmas but still not gaining much in talent a couple of good players but wont be any better from what is being said.

Anyone get down to watch St Albans and Doutta Stars ? Was it last night ?

Deer Park playing an intra club tonight im lead to believe.

Yarraville Seddon played Mulwala last weekend and got up by a couple of goals.

Anyone have any praccy games on this weekend ?

I watched St Albans V Doutta Stars. They played 3 quarters in the twos and 3 quarters in the ones. St Albans won the seniors by a couple of points. The game could have gone either way. Both teams seemed to have a few players out. St Albans won the contested football yet Douttas showed they were well drilled and spread and ran when they got the ball.

I watched St Albans V Doutta Stars. They played 3 quarters in the twos and 3 quarters in the ones. St Albans won the seniors by a couple of points. The game could have gone either way. Both teams seemed to have a few players out. St Albans won the contested football yet Douttas showed they were well drilled and spread and ran when they got the ball.
Spot on John, I wasn't there but heard exactly the same thing about the games styles.

Anyone got any updates on clubs like North Footscray and Albion.. very quiet on here at the moment.
North may have picked up a couple of recruits but there is not one clearance in for a player to go to North. A lot of clearances going out? I do know for a fact that if Barnes doesnt get more support he wont be staying.

Down at my local having a few cold ones and over heard a few boys talking about the lack of numbers and quality recruits down at Albion.They were also talking about some meeting the club had in regards to its future .

Yeah I watched the game. Both teams had a few out. Doutta stars had quick runners and moved the ball quickly from halfback. Their skills will be the big test for them with this quick game style. St. Albans did win the contested footy and will only have speed added as their two main halfbacks were both out injured. Plus Aaron Henneman will straighten them up down forward when he plays. Pretty scrappy match but both teams were quite even and could definitely shake their respective competitions when they are up and about.

Stalbans won't bother many clubs this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoppers def Grovedale by a few goals (Hoppers missing 4-5 from starting 22)
St. Albans got rolled by Mulwala up there by a few (Apparently had 5-6 out)
Yarraville def Templestowe by a few goals (was told they had up 15 out)

All praccy matches, you don't know how much truth is in it. Another teams?

Hoppers def Grovedale by a few goals (Hoppers missing 4-5 from starting 22)
St. Albans got rolled by Mulwala up there by a few (Apparently had 5-6 out)
Yarraville def Templestowe by a few goals (was told they had up 15 out)

All praccy matches, you don't know how much truth is in it. Another teams?

St.Albans won by 4 goals, they are also playing tomorrow night against weeribee Centrals.

Does anyone know why there has been an extra ordinary meeting called by the WRFL for Tuesday night??

I have no idea but this is Big Footy so why dont we just make stuff up and see if we guess right? I'll kick things off:

A - North Footscray have fallen in a complete hole and cant field a side

B- Bob has a new proposal for a 6 division competition with a max of 4 teams per division.

C- Deer Park has purchased the Western Bulldogs (whole club including facilities and playing list) and will run as a joint venture
this year with Deer park selecting the best 22 across both clubs to play in the WRFL this season and the rest being sent down to play for the Bulldogs

D- WRFL has banned the sale of woodstock at all games and the meeting has been called by Weapons who is outraged

Anyone else want to have a stab at it?

Does anyone know why there has been an extra ordinary meeting called by the WRFL for Tuesday night??

North Footscray Folding 3-1
North Footscray Relegated & Another Divy 2 Team Replacing them 9-1
Friday Night/Sunday Games for all of Glenordens Games 12-1
Werribee Centrals/Point Cook Seniors introduction in 2014 25-1
Cuttin the A Grade Comp to just 5 teams this year 50-1
WRFL/EDFL Merger 100-1

:thumbsu:

Maybe because quite a few clubs will struggle to field an Under 18 side ???
This could be one option. Especially when the WRFL allows West Footscray to rape North Footscray of a whole team. All Devils under 16 team from last year that should progressively be their 18s this year has put clearances in to go to West Footscray. A coach who can't get his own way spat it and manipulated the team into going with him to West. He came from there a few years ago when West couldn't field any juniors, North took him in and some of the kids and now cos he can't get his own way he has taken his bat and ball and gone home. Disgusting. Immature and small local clubs won't recover from stuff like this.
Typical WRFL no friggin support to help the smaller clubs survive.

I have no idea but this is Big Footy so why dont we just make stuff up and see if we guess right? I'll kick things off:

A - North Footscray have fallen in a complete hole and cant field a side

B- Bob has a new proposal for a 6 division competition with a max of 4 teams per division.

C- Deer Park has purchased the Western Bulldogs (whole club including facilities and playing list) and will run as a joint venture
this year with Deer park selecting the best 22 across both clubs to play in the WRFL this season and the rest being sent down to play for the Bulldogs

D- WRFL has banned the sale of woodstock at all games and the meeting has been called by Weapons who is outraged

Anyone else want to have a stab at it?
wrfl forgot to mention they are having a new award for club coaches at snr presentation night...the 'i think i can award' ......last year it wasnt announced due to both coaches getting the arse .....on the grapevine it was awarded to michael grima aka gbf50 who just pipped justin moran aka laveton magpies for the title....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back