Review Winners and Losers of Trade Week

Remove this Banner Ad

It is probably better to rate them using grades:

Adelaide: B

Got Jacobs for a relatively good deal, but paid overs on Tambling

Brisbane: A

The Brennan deal is pretty complicated, but it isn't as bad as it could of been, got overs for Sherman

Carlton: B+

Grigg-Collins was a great deal considering the circumstances, the Jacobs deal was short of value unfortunately (not a lot), Laidler an absolute steal. Walker didn't get done, but will stay a Blue, so no real harm

Collingwood: B+

Krakeour and Ceglar are good pick ups though not sure if they were worth the price paid. Tarrant deal ended about par. The West Coast deal was weird

Essendon: C

Didn't offload Houli for anything, but earned some trading rep for not capitulating

Fremantle: A+

Got Faulks, Mzungu and Griffin cheap. Well done

Geelong: C+

Got some value out of Djerrkura, caught sleeping with Laidler, snagged 15 for this years draft which is better for them considering the ageing list

Gold Coast: A++

Owned this period for their long term benefit. Will get a great bit of use out of those compensation picks, and have more than enough to look into with this draft period

Hawthorn: C-

Hale deal was quite a bit over, Hill deal didn't get done. Cheney is a nice pick up, but it isn't enough

Melbourne: B

Only had the Cheney deal, did well enough there, offloading a fringe player. Dodged a bullet with Hale

North Melbourne: A-

Hale deal was a big win, got Mckinley for nothing, Richardson deal was overs but the Hale deal was a massive win

Port Adelaide: B+

Got a last minute deal that seems to favour them.

Richmond: A+

Did very well offloading Tambling, will get Houli for zilch. The Grigg-Collins trade may seem a blunder considering how much power they held, but will work out well for their future trading rep

Sydney: B

Got a fair swap for Veszpremi, couldn't get Sherman.

Western Bulldogs: B

Unsure on how the players they picked up will turn out. All of them need to be pulled into line, considering apparant attitude issues at previous clubs. Seems like it should benefit them in the short term though

West Coast: D-

Weren't seen all week then accepted an end of third round pick for their first third rounder. WHAT?

I was happy with our trade week.

Moved Hale on for a compensation pick and got Cam Richardson via GC for a second round pick and McKinley didn't cost us anything.

Collingwood are going to be near unbeatable next year.

Considering all of the Carlton players up for trade were the ones who requested the trade (not the club), I think we did OK.
Collins for Grigg will need time to work out the winner.
Jacobs for 33 and 67 is unders... but he was going to walk.
Think we did well to get Laidler.
Hope like hell Andrew Walker rips it up next year.

It was a break even trade week for the blues... which isnt bad considering 5 players requested a trade.

I was happy with our trade week.

Moved Hale on for a compensation pick and got Cam Richardson via GC for a second round pick and McKinley didn't cost us anything.

North had a great trade week. Got what you wanted and didnt lose anything you needed

Well played

Pies did quite well also

The Brennan deal is pretty complicated, but it isn't as bad as it could of been, got overs for Sherman

Grigg-Collins was a great deal considering the circumstances, the Jacobs deal was short of value unfortunately (not a lot), Laidler an absolute steal. Walker didn't get done, but will stay a Blue, so no real harm

Krakeour and Ceglar are good pick ups though not sure if they were worth the price paid. Tarrant deal ended about par. The West Coast deal was weird

Didn't offload Houli for anything, but earned some trading rep for not capitulating

Got some value out of Djerrkura, caught sleeping with Laidler, snagged 15 for this years draft which is better for them considering the ageing list

Owned this period for their long term benefit. Will get a great bit of use out of those compensation picks, and have more than enough to look into with this draft period

Hale deal was quite a bit over, Hill deal didn't get done. Cheney is a nice pick up, but it isn't enough

Only had the Cheney deal, did well enough there, offloading a fringe player. Dodged a bullet with Hale

Hale deal was a big win, got Mckinley for nothing, Richardson deal was overs but the Hale deal was a massive win

Did very well offloading Tambling, will get Houli for zilch. The Grigg-Collins trade may seem a blunder considering how much power they held, but will work out well for their future trading rep

Unsure on how the players they picked up will turn out. All of them need to be pulled into line, considering apparant attitude issues at previous clubs. Seems like it should benefit them in the short term though

Weren't seen all week then accepted an end of third round pick for their first third rounder. WHAT?

So the premiership team get stronger (on paper) and you rate them the same as Carlton who have no net gain! Carlton got nothing they need and could not trade 3 contracted players they wanted out, Sentana, Thornton and Walker.

Carlton D-, the fact they talked it up all week really makes it a FAIL!

I think Freo did well on everything except Tarrant (absolute lying scum).

As usual Freo got screwed on the "big name" trade. When will we learn to never ever take on a senior AFL established player that origianlly came from Vic. Very few have worked out, but we have a continual record of being truly fckd over on the higher profile ones - unfortunately some things don't change.

Also when will clubs learn to avoid Paul Connors. Accepting the Tarrant trade in the last minute panic means there is little chance of anything happening to Tarrant/Connors for blatant draft manipulation.

lol carltons trade week was pretty crap should be a C+ or B, Collingwoods at least an A no way were they both B+

North had a great trade week. Got what you wanted and didnt lose anything you needed

Well played

Pies did quite well also

Definitely. Krakeour, Ceglar and Tarrant for a side that just won the flag is a great gain and the loss of Fraser is pretty much nothing given he isn't remotely near your best side.

Carlton - Lost arguably their second best ruckman for a second round pick. Talked a lot, and didn't do much

He is 4th in line.

He is a better ruck than Hampson, however Carlton clearly prefer Hampson, and would have continued to give him more opportunities, even more so now with the new rule.

Although he is probably worth more than what we received, losing your 4th choice ruck, who is not contracted, will never really be a loss.

Our other trades aren't anything of significant note yet, so I would say we neither won nor lost.

Gold Coast are the clear winners. They will build a juggernaut!

I think Collingwood did quite well. They got Tarrant over the line for what they originally offered and only had to drop 1 spot in the 3rd round to finalise it. Krakoer is also a good get. A lot of cream on an already successful team.

I'm very happy with what the Dogs did. Gained some quicks to help out next year. Sherman is a very good pickup. Adds some much needed pace. I don't think we're clear winners though. DJ and Vez have to now step up a level which could possibly not happen.

Where do they play him & if down back, who is the next disgruntled player that will want out of Collingwood in the next year?
Brown, Toovey, Goldsack....................you can't play them all!!

Yea good post. In my club's situation for example, in terms of 'performance' we did quite well I rekcon. Taz was goorrne, so he's a loss but the club could do little about it and the other in's were great value effectivley costing us nothing. Overall Freo performed very well.

In terms of raw trade value, well it's a small loss maybe. Taz is quality and the ins of Griffin, Faulks, and Mzungu are not bad ins (though hard to tell at this stage of course) - on face value it's a loss, but not a huge one.

On WC thing, they get a 'flexible' compo pick so it's worth more. It makes sense.

we did fine out of the tarrant deal. he was only ever going to be viable for another couple of years while our list was developing. now we have a 22 year old in faulks who can grow with the group and be a stayer for onfield success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You paid too much for Krakeour and Ceglar, got Tarrant for a fairish price and did some weird deal with West Coast. If that is a spectacular trade week I'll be damned.

Carlton broke even at worst. Lost players on the periphery and gained similiar type players plus pick upgrades. I call it a slight win at B+

From my understanding West Coast were going to use they're last pick on the Father Son Brennan whatever it was, so it didn't matter if they had 45 or 62. We wanted to get a pick this year so traded out the fraser compo pick.

West Coast probably didn't need that trade this year and can use the compo pick over the next 5 years.

So win - win I think.

I think your being a bit harsh on the pies. We didn't really need to trade, but we got to experiment. Krakour should be ace if his form resembles his WAFL form. Tarrant was effectively pick 52, so that's good for us.
Ceglar will be great ruckman to build on.

Where do they play him & if down back, who is the next disgruntled player that will want out of Collingwood in the next year?

Please enlighten me as to who was so keen to leave collingwood this year ?

Aside from cloke whose really just after cash at the moment, it would seem that weve only lost Fraser...

Not going to cry about that one :thumbsu:

You paid too much for Krakeour and Ceglar, got Tarrant for a fairish price and did some weird deal with West Coast. If that is a spectacular trade week I'll be damned.

Carlton broke even at worst. Lost players on the periphery and gained similiar type players plus pick upgrades. I call it a slight win at B+

Paid too much ? 2 players and 2 picks for what is essentially a 2nd rounder ?

The deal with WC is because we want to use a pick this year and they want to bank one for the future, win win

Tarrant was a steal at pick 55

Weve traded in to keep us in the premiership window and weve done that successfully

I see it as a solid A week for collingwood, certainly better than the blues

You probably could of drafted a promising kid and got Krakeour and Ceglar with later picks. Less certainty, but the outcome would of been greater. You took a gamble, I think it won't work out as you see it. It is all opinion right now

It's better having that problem than not having enough cover. Competition for positions in a team is a good thing.

You probably could of drafted a promising kid and got Krakeour and Ceglar with later picks. Less certainty, but the outcome would of been greater. You took a gamble, I think it won't work out as you see it. It is all opinion right now

I'll back Dereck Hine. Quite funny that he keeps putting quality on the table and people still doubt him.

You don't seem to understand trade week, the premiers are meant to lose players not gain them. Tarrant is a great swing man for us, denies Carlton and Hawthron what they desperately need, Krack is depth and should add to our already deep midfield roation and Ceglar is a long term project.

So we strengthened the best list in the league, you broke even at best.

That's a loss sunshine.

Tarrant will be a run with type at Collingwood. He can play on smalls & talls.

Will also be an excellent choice as the "sub".

Collingwood absolutely have owned the last 2 trade weeks.

I'll back Dereck Hine. Quite funny that he keeps putting quality on the table and people still doubt him.

You don't seem to understand trade week, the premiers are meant to lose players not gain them. Tarrant is a great swing man for us, denies Carlton and Hawthron what they desperately need, Krack is depth and should add to our already deep midfield roation and Ceglar is a long term project.

That's a loss sunshine.

Getting deals done for two uncontracted players is not a loss. People who actually have knowledge about the game (that's not you) disagree with your assessment on Carlton's trade week.

That's a loss sunshine.

You might still lose Cloke.

I stand by my view that 25 for Krakeour and Ceglar is over-paying.

Tarrant would of been a horrible get for Carlton, would only play for a year or two, stall development time in other players and take a big chunk of salary. Enjoy that by the way.

You have the best system in the league. I am undecided whether you have the best list. You will apparently be going on a de-listing spree anyway so you will lose players, some of whom may be good, but can't crack your side.

Carlton didn't lose, but we didn't really win. Laidler was a steal though.

Oh and save the condescending ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Back